• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#7821 bigboponthebeach

bigboponthebeach
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
    Oh never fear! I am about where you are. I actually found that invitation on the internet the day after I got engaged! I am waiting on my TA to get back from her own vacation to do the final booking on our date. Right now may 30th is open and hopefully I can get this date and resort set in stone by end of this week! I am going to shoot for the beach wedding and I am not too picky about reception location
    I have been scouring the web for STD's and have finally narrowed it down to four possibilities. If I can get them out by July 1st, I think I'll be in good shape. I guess I should put together a to-do list soon.

#7822 beaz2be

beaz2be
    • 256 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by taylorwd
      Celina, 40 yards of fabric should be plenty for the wooden arch. How heavy is it going to be and will it fit in a suitcase?
      Celina, would love to know how this works out for you, with cost; fitting in suitcase etc. as I'll probably consider the same.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amybermuda

Beaz2be - keep hitting the "MQ" button and when you have all the ones you want to mulitquote highlighted, hit "Quote" button on one of the conversations and the reply screen will pop up with each one quoted in the response box!
      Thanks so much amyb. Slowly but surely, I'll figure out this forum.

Good news - JUST found out we officially have our ceremony and reception. I sent in our deposit and we are officially getting married at AS!!!!
      so excited!

We put down the 10 deposits this week to hold a group rate with our TA and then people only have about a month to join the group at the held rate. I better get on STDs real fast. We're planning to do email STDs and then traditional invitations (for the time factor mainly).

#7823 taylorwd

taylorwd
      • 932 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by beaz2be
        Good news - JUST found out we officially have our ceremony and reception. I sent in our deposit and we are officially getting married at AS!!!!
        so excited!
        Congrats on getting your date!!! Woot! So what is your official date? May-something 2011, right?

#7824 amybermuda

amybermuda
        • 870 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Amy! Maybe you can delete Mark & I and photoshop in you & Day!

Click the image to open in full size.

#7825 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
          • 310 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
            Celina, would love to know how this works out for you, with cost; fitting in suitcase etc. as I'll probably consider the same.
            I will definitely let you know! If it comes down to it, I'll just leave the fabric down there for your wedding...I'll have to dig a hole and bury it in the sand, though, and then draw you a treasure map to find it. If I left it with the resort, they'd charge you $300 to use it, even though I was the one who bought it

#7826 taylorwd

taylorwd
            • 932 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by amybermuda
              Amy! Maybe you can delete Mark & I and photoshop in you & Day!

Click the image to open in full size.
              Hahahahaha Filemon is sooooo adorable!!!!

#7827 mmc1105

mmc1105
              • 173 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

Quote:

so excited!

We put down the 10 deposits this week to hold a group rate with our TA and then people only have about a month to join the group at the held rate. I better get on STDs real fast. We're planning to do email STDs and then traditional invitations (for the time factor mainly).
                Soo exciting! I bet that's huge weight off your shoulders!
                I'm still trying to decide between email STDs or paper STD's...

Attached Files

Alexander & Marci - May 6, 2011

#7828 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
                • 239 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KittenHeart

Yeah, I doubt they'd charge you onsite. I literally told them, this is what I want with the exact recipe and they even said they'd make a sign for me with my drink name. Also, no one pay for champange, if you want champange poured for your guests while they MOH & BM etc. give their toasts, just requets it, it's free. It's just house champange but better than having to overpay for a bottle of something only slightly better.

Being very patient and understanding and boarderline overly nice is what helped me the most. I wasn't rejected on anything except fireworks. AND, everything can be negotiated, everything! Kiara was the negotiations queen, we became great friends actually and she'll kick ass for you if you let her :)

OMG, that's like the most amazing news I've heard in weeks. FI and I love champagne but just not in our budget to buy it for 70 guests. I'll def make that request onsite.
                  Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

#7829 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
                  • 239 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by chong

I have already ordered multiple shoes and been returning them. I just got one today and NOPE! I am returning it. I hope I find something soon.... hopefully before my 2nd dress fitting...

FYI - I am so glad that I am not the only one going crazy looking for shoes. Thanks for the encouraging words!

Chong
                    2nd dress fitting?!?! Really? Am I like so behind? I've had my dress since January but havent done a fitting yet. Can someone advise me on timeline?

Also, I guess I should find my shoes pretty soon so I can be sure that when i do get fitted that my dress isn't too short.

Any of you ladies wearng a veil? What's my timeline on ordering one of those? My dress is lace and I might have enough fabric removed after my firts fitting to get one made...hmm...wonder how much that will cost.
                    Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

#7830 taylorwd

taylorwd
                    • 932 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:57 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amandamarieb
                      2nd dress fitting?!?! Really? Am I like so behind? I've had my dress since January but havent done a fitting yet. Can someone advise me on timeline?

Also, I guess I should find my shoes pretty soon so I can be sure that when i do get fitted that my dress isn't too short.

Any of you ladies wearng a veil? What's my timeline on ordering one of those? My dress is lace and I might have enough fabric removed after my firts fitting to get one made...hmm...wonder how much that will cost.
                      You're a long ways out, I'd say you're just fine. My dress was hanging in my closet for 5 months before I had my first fitting. I was married mid-April and my first fitting was 2 months before my wedding. I would have waited even longer but our schedules would only match that far out. My second fitting was 3 weeks before my wedding. I picked up my dress 5 days before we left.

I wouldn't recommend having a fitting too early. A normal body (i.e. not a body that's currently going through wedding planning stress!) changes a lot from week to week, so it's even more drastic with wedding planning. Wedding dresses are altered to fit like a glove with no room for body changes. Even a couple pounds can make a difference sometimes. If you get it done too early you're almost sure to have to go back a couple weeks before your wedding to get it fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users