19262 replies to this topic

#7211 chong

chong
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

[QUOTE=dstinationdrmr;1289120]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chong

Thanks Chong, but I wasn't able to pull it up. BDW says I don't have access to attachments? Not sure why. Can you email the pics to me? meredith.theo@gmail.com

Thanks a bunch!!
    Sorry.. I didn't know about the rules either. Obviously I don't have enough points to open my own attachments :) how funny is that.

I will be more cautious next time with attachments. I am having a private cocktail party on the pool deck. Looks nice enough.

Chong

#7212 renee1811

renee1811
    • 539 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

Celina, my FI and I are using a friend who has done photography on the side and is trying to break into the wedding business. We are paying for his trip down (ended up being around $800 for 3 nights), and we gave him a few hundred for some new equipment that he needs, but that's all. Plus, since he's there the whole time, he will cover the welcome cocktails, the day of the wedding, the ceremony & reception, and a TTD the next day. We are helping him build a portfolio, and we get an awesome rate out of it! Good luck!

#7213 chong

chong
      • 360 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

So I have questions about the private cocktail party... My WC told me that we have to purchase min of 5 canopies for the cocktail party. Any more details about the cocktail party you guys know about? I think we need some sitting arrangement for older folks... which will be extra money of course.

Chong

#7214 amybermuda

amybermuda
        • 870 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by chong
          So I have questions about the private cocktail party... My WC told me that we have to purchase min of 5 canopies for the cocktail party. Any more details about the cocktail party you guys know about? I think we need some sitting arrangement for older folks... which will be extra money of course.
          They are max of 2 hours (which is what I am doing while FI and I take pictures). They dont provide seating per se, but you can try to have it in a location that offers seating. Or you can have your guests go to a bar and all mingle there without offering the canapaes. I mean, it is an all inclsuive, they should be able to fend for themselves OK!!!

I chose the donkey cocktail hour with 5 of the food selections. I hope people are not full! I think I remember hearing, food is served for 1 hour and drinks are for 2 hours.

Oh, not sure anyone else has children attending their wedding, but they offer a children's menu and they don't charge you for the kids' meals.

#7215 vleigh24

vleigh24
          • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

Hi, I'm a newbie and have really enjoyed reading all these posts. I'm getting married at the Azul Beach and will have around 90 people at the wedding. Has anyone ever done a wedding that big there? They said they could handle it, but I'm getting worried because I don't know where this is going to work. They say they can do it at the Blue Restaurant or on the beach, but I'm doubtful.

Any thoughts?

#7216 amybermuda

amybermuda
            • 870 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by vleigh24
              Hi, I'm a newbie and have really enjoyed reading all these posts. I'm getting married at the Azul Beach and will have around 90 people at the wedding. Has anyone ever done a wedding that big there? They said they could handle it, but I'm getting worried because I don't know where this is going to work. They say they can do it at the Blue Restaurant or on the beach, but I'm doubtful.
              Any thoughts?
              I am sure they can handle it, but I would be concerned about getting enough rooms for your guests. I have 4 rooms of guests leavong friday & satirday night and staying at AS b/c the hotel was booked up. You would take up over half of the resort with 90 guests - which would be awesome - but I would be cautious of running ou of rooms - esp when people say they will book and leave it to 3 months ahead of time. It was even a groomsman that has to move to AS! No matter what you do or say, there will likely be stragglers!!

#7217 amybermuda

amybermuda
              • 870 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by renee1811
                We are helping him build a portfolio, and we get an awesome rate out of it! Good luck!
                Renee, when do you leave? I leave on Monday the 24th! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7218 chong

chong
                • 360 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amybermuda
                  They are max of 2 hours (which is what I am doing while FI and I take pictures). They dont provide seating per se, but you can try to have it in a location that offers seating. Or you can have your guests go to a bar and all mingle there without offering the canapaes. I mean, it is an all inclsuive, they should be able to fend for themselves OK!!!

I chose the donkey cocktail hour with 5 of the food selections. I hope people are not full! I think I remember hearing, food is served for 1 hour and drinks are for 2 hours.

Oh, not sure anyone else has children attending their wedding, but they offer a children's menu and they don't charge you for the kids' meals.
                  Thanks. I think that's the best advice ever. I am going to get rid of my cocktail hr that I was going to use as "rehearsal dinner" and just have everyone meet at the roof garden lounge (since we have some kids... cant do at the bar) and then go to dinner at the same place (can't sit together but maybe that's OK). I know the resort have shows and everything.. so maybe something exciting is happening on Sat night at the resort to have everyone go see :)

I see that you only got few more days before the big day. I am sooo jealous. Wish I was getting marry soon :) Congratulations!!!

Chong

#7219 chong

chong
                  • 360 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

This might be a very silly question.. but for those of you who got married...
                    are there sand flies in the Mexico sand? When we went to Cozumel, there were sand flies... they BITE! shouldn't be a big deal since we all be sitting on the chair.. but thought i ask. I do have a beach reception at night :)

Chong

#7220 renee1811

renee1811
                    • 539 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

Amy, we leave on the 26th!!!!!! FI and I are SOOOOO excited and cannot wait to get down to Mexico!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users