• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#7091 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amybermuda
    Actually, I have no idea! I sent them a picture and said I want it to look like this. Who knows what it will actually look like day of! But I remember asking one of the girls that got married on here - Jen of Jen & Fred - her pix were from Elizabeth Medina you should search for them - how she got such great flowers and she said she told Karisma what exactly she wanted and they recreated it. So, I am not too worried about it - but I also don't really care that much about the ceremony set up - so I never aksed the questions. You will be able to see my pictures in 4 weeks though!!!

Here is the picture I said I wanted my gazebo to look like:

Click the image to open in full size.

I must have looked at 200 weddings on the beach pictures to finally decide so I know how you feel.
    Oh wow that is so so so beautiful! Very simple and elegant, I love it!

#7092 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
    • 239 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

Here is the picture I said I wanted my gazebo to look like:

Click the image to open in full size.

I must have looked at 200 weddings on the beach pictures to finally decide so I know how you feel.[/QUOTE]

That look sbeautiful. I hope they come out just right for you. I will def check out your pics next month. ah...you are so close. so exciting.
      Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

#7093 meghan

meghan
      • 832 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

OMG!!, I am having a huge melt down right now!....my TA just emailed me our flight reservations and they have been changed!! This now means that we get married on July 2nd, and have to be up at 5:30 am the next morning to go home!! We were supposed to have the whole next day and night after our wedding and a honeymoon breakfast! We don't even get a honeymoon night now cuz we have to be up so early! Who is going to want to be packing all drunk and hungover and exhausted, and how am I supposed to get ready for a wedding as well as make sure i'm ready to go home in 12 hours!!OMG!!

#7094 taylorwd

taylorwd
        • 932 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by meghan
          OMG!!, I am having a huge melt down right now!....my TA just emailed me our flight reservations and they have been changed!! This now means that we get married on July 2nd, and have to be up at 5:30 am the next morning to go home!! We were supposed to have the whole next day and night after our wedding and a honeymoon breakfast! We don't even get a honeymoon night now cuz we have to be up so early! Who is going to want to be packing all drunk and hungover and exhausted, and how am I supposed to get ready for a wedding as well as make sure i'm ready to go home in 12 hours!!OMG!!
          OMG Meghan that is TERRIBLE!!!!! Is there nothing they can do? I mean really someone must be able to pull some strings somewhere! Can you pay a fee and change your reservation?

And did your TA just nonchalantly spring this on you with no prior warning? Can't she do something for you? I would think she'd be on the airlines 24/7 trying to get this fixed for you.

#7095 amybermuda

amybermuda
          • 870 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

Quote:
            There is no hungover - you wont be able to sleep if you have to fly out at 530am - what the hell?! Can you fly out the following day at 530? That means a 3am pick up from AS and if you are flying direct, youd be back in TO around 9am, right?

What airline is this?

Meghan, we have all had our "surprises" and usually they turn for the best.... so I am defo keeping positive for you!!!!

I feel that a lot of TAs are lame and tell you, the bride, ridiculous things before investigating. I bet this is a stupid ass false alarm!!

Not to be demeaning, but from my experience (and on this thread) TAs are not good customer service people. You will need to fight, but I have faith that there is a fix to this!!!! Most are not trained to be DW TAs -- those are few and far between!! Given you have over a month to go, you should be able to get diff flights.

Let us know how it goes!!

Attached Files

#7096 Afrommert

Afrommert
            • 369 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:59 AM

Quote:
              Meghan, they did this to us as well. So we called the airlines directly and told them ABSOLUTELY NOT GONNA HAPPEN and that we could no how no way make that flight and they must give us a much later time than our ORIGINAL flight to accomadate you, explain to them you have legal matters scheduled and cannot be switched. So they did for FREE, do not allow them to charge you because THEY changed your itenarary. But... that does mean you may have to work something out with resort to stay another night...?
              (* thats what we did) Goodluck girl.

#7097 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
              • 821 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:22 AM

Quote:
                WTF!!! This cannot happen...call the airline directly and explain you have a legal ceremony, etc, and cannot fly out til later. Worse comes to worse, cancel this flight and rebook. You may lose some money but it will be worth it. What was the reason

#7098 meghan

meghan
                • 832 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by taylorwd
                  OMG Meghan that is TERRIBLE!!!!! Is there nothing they can do? I mean really someone must be able to pull some strings somewhere! Can you pay a fee and change your reservation?

And did your TA just nonchalantly spring this on you with no prior warning
                  There is no hungover - you wont be able to sleep if you have to fly out at 530am - what the hell?! Can you fly out the following day at 530? That means a 3am pick up from AS and if you are flying direct, youd be back in TO around 9am, right?

What airline is this?

Meghan, we have all had our "surprises" and usually they turn for the best.... so I am defo keeping positive for you!!!!

I feel that a lot of TAs are lame and tell you, the bride, ridiculous things before investigating. I bet this is a stupid ass false alarm!!

Not to be demeaning, but from my experience (and on this thread) TAs are not good customer service people. You will need to fight, but I have faith that there is a fix to this!!!! Most are not trained to be DW TAs -- those are few and far between!! Given you have over a month to go, you should be able to get diff flights.

Let us know how it goes!!
                  We are working with a travel agent who got us a package deal with the resort and a flight. I think this has happened because the airline they were working with went bankrupt so the flight on the 27th is no longer there.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
                  WTF!!! This cannot happen...call the airline directly and explain you have a legal ceremony, etc, and cannot fly out til later. Worse comes to worse, cancel this flight and rebook. You may lose some money but it will be worth it. What was the reason
                  We can't call the airline directly because our Travel agent got us a package deal with the resort and an airline. We can't change our flighton our own. We would have to get all our money back, book the resort and flight separately, and that would cost us and all of our guests a fortune. I'm not prepared to lose a ton of money as well as make our guests suffer.

I will keep you all updated.

#7099 amybermuda

amybermuda
                  • 870 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

Awww girl - thinking of you!

#7100 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                    • 4,512 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

OMG Meghan! Seriously raise hell! Good luck *HUGS*
                      *Formerly Nikki07*