Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#6851 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • Sr. Member
  • 3,103 posts

    Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amandamarieb
    Yeah I thought about that too. But about half of my guests love good food and there are quote afew (basically my entire side of the family) that's picky and won't try new things. That's why I think we are going with the Italian Family Style. There are a few appetizer options and side dishes and then they can choose from salmon. shrimp, chicken or beef for the main course. I think I am going to "fancy it up" for the cocktail recpetion so I can have the best of both worlds.

    I am so glad that they are letting me pull canapes from each of the different menus and create my own.

    I also wanted to have the donkey but then my co-worker started getting into the logistics of that. (I won't go into the points he brought up bc I don't want to deter you) but either way I am anxious to hear how that goes for you. :)

    OMG, can you believe you are just over 2 weeks out? After 2 years of planning muct feel like a relief! :)
    Wow, that's awesome they are letting you mix and match! I don't have anyone really picky going with food so it's perfect for us.

    As for the Donkey Cocktail hour, it's funny because FI and I were put off by the Donkey at first and asked our WC to not have the donkey there because we thought it was tacky. She replied mentioning the donkey by his name saying he wouldn't be there and I don't know why but I got teary-eyed and told FI that he has a name and we were taking away his job! We decided it's 30 minutes with him on the beach during cocktail hour, we don't have any snooty guests and I know everyone would really get a kick out of him so we let it go.

    Just so you know, everyone has their own opinions about how your wedding should or shouldn't be and I had to learn the hard way not to listen to anyone but what FI & I decided, you'll never please everyone :)

    #6852 dirtymartini

    dirtymartini
    • Newbie
    • 67 posts

      Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:29 PM

      I'd like to do a cocktail hour before dinner, but it seems like everything they have on their Banquet Kit is minimum 2-hours. There the International Open Bar to extend the bar after the 4-hour Private Dinner, but I wonder if I could do this beforehand.

      I liked the Italian dinner, but I thought to myself "We're going to be in Mexico. What's the point in going to Mexico to have Italian food?" Plus my FI's family is 100% Italian, so they are hard to please Italian food-wise since they make it so well themselves! I really like the Petit Gourmet or BBQ Deluxe, since that is supposed to be great option if you're having your event on the beach (as I think I will) and it has so many choices. I might also just choose from one of the set Group Menus.

      **After your weddings, can you come back and tell me what your cakes were like? What flavors did you get to chose from, which style did you chose, how did it look & taste, did you think a cake was necessary?

      Also, where do they have the bar? Did you have dancing, if so, where did you have it & how was it set up and how did it go?

      #6853 dirtymartini

      dirtymartini
      • Newbie
      • 67 posts

        Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:35 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by KittenHeart
        As for the Donkey Cocktail hour, it's funny because FI and I were put off by the Donkey at first and asked our WC to not have the donkey there because we thought it was tacky. She replied mentioning the donkey by his name saying he wouldn't be there and I don't know why but I got teary-eyed and told FI that he has a name and we were taking away his job! We decided it's 30 minutes with him on the beach during cocktail hour, we don't have any snooty guests and I know everyone would really get a kick out of him so we let it go.
        I thought the donkey bar was a really fun idea. I heard on another post (on the mysteriously disappearing Azul Beach thread) that they no longer had the donkey though?? After thinking it over, I am a huge animal rights person and will just end up feeling guilty making a poor lil' donkey stand there to serve us. Plus, what if it POOPS?! (Was that what you were referring to Amanda?)

        #6854 KittenHeart

        KittenHeart
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,103 posts

          Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

          Hahaha, the donkey doesn't serve you! It's there for pictures, besides, in Mexico I didn't want them to beat the poor donkey for not earning his keep (my dramatization in my head)

          #6855 dirtymartini

          dirtymartini
          • Newbie
          • 67 posts

            Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

            Don't they serve the food off of a tray on his back? I don't know if I heard that or am making it up in my head... :-D


            I am so sorry, I didn't mean this to sound like I was judging, I just would feel really guilty because I'm a sap!

            #6856 KittenHeart

            KittenHeart
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,103 posts

              Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by dirtymartini
              Don't they serve the food off of a tray on his back? I don't know if I heard that or am making it up in my head... :-D


              I am so sorry, I didn't mean this to sound like I was judging, I just would feel really guilty because I'm a sap!
              LOL!!! OMG, that would be terrible!!!!! They DEFINITELY do not do that. The passed canapes are passed by waiters on trays. The donkey is for pictures :)



              #6857 dirtymartini

              dirtymartini
              • Newbie
              • 67 posts

                Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

                Ohh they have 2 barrels of beer on his back and he wears a sombrero. Just looked it up in the Wedding Banquet kit.

                Yeah food off a donkey's back didn't sound too appealing....

                It could be pretty cute. Take pictures and give us a report!!!

                #6858 cjb0arder13

                cjb0arder13
                • Jr. Member
                • 310 posts

                  Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                  Wow, that's awesome they are letting you mix and match! I don't have anyone really picky going with food so it's perfect for us.

                  As for the Donkey Cocktail hour, it's funny because FI and I were put off by the Donkey at first and asked our WC to not have the donkey there because we thought it was tacky. She replied mentioning the donkey by his name saying he wouldn't be there and I don't know why but I got teary-eyed and told FI that he has a name and we were taking away his job!
                  OMG that's the cutest thing I've ever heard!!! I picture Eeyore, looking all sad in his little stall in Mexico, not getting to go party with the guests...

                  I have never seen my FI so excited as when I mentioned we could do a donkey cocktail hour. I swear, he perked right up. I have a feeling we'll be doing the donkey cocktail hour no matter what...

                  #6859 KittenHeart

                  KittenHeart
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 3,103 posts

                    Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
                    OMG that's the cutest thing I've ever heard!!! I picture Eeyore, looking all sad in his little stall in Mexico, not getting to go party with the guests...

                    I have never seen my FI so excited as when I mentioned we could do a donkey cocktail hour. I swear, he perked right up. I have a feeling we'll be doing the donkey cocktail hour no matter what...
                    I know it's going to be so much! He's such a cute donkey too, I figure why not give him some love :)

                    #6860 amybermuda

                    amybermuda
                    • Member
                    • 870 posts

                      Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

                      The donkey is named Filemon and he has barrels of beer on his back - however they are really more like buckets and not barrels. I had to have him!

                      Amy F and I have the same cocktail hour & dinner though I added a Mexican Cesar Salad (which the ceasar salad was invited in mexico fyi) for a 2nd course - so we have 4 courses for dinner.

                      Amy, my dinner is from 7-11pm and I was thinking about waiting to do the cake until 9:30 or 10pm as a snack after some dancing. I hope they can serve coffee too - I love cake & coffee at weddings! What are you doing?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users