• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#6091 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
  • 310 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by taylorwd
    Question: Are you girls buying all this makeup b/c you're going to do it yourself the day of? You've got me thinking I need to get on this!

AmyKH, I'll try your suggestion about the pic and see what I get. I'm trying to paste directly from the web without going through an storage site like photobucket but I think I'm technology challenged. It's weird b/c I can see it on here but no one else can!

I'm totally spoiled rotten. My best friend/bridesmaid owns a hair salon and always does my hair, so she's doing it for me. She also trained with a celebrity make-up artist in Vancouver, and she works on photo shoots and music videos all the time so she's doing my make-up too! I think she's going to bring her make-up kit (all MAC and Make Up Forever) but I'll bring my own just in case.

#6092 taylorwd

taylorwd
    • 932 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
      I'm totally spoiled rotten. My best friend/bridesmaid owns a hair salon and always does my hair, so she's doing it for me. She also trained with a celebrity make-up artist in Vancouver, and she works on photo shoots and music videos all the time so she's doing my make-up too! I think she's going to bring her make-up kit (all MAC and Make Up Forever) but I'll bring my own just in case.
      Lucky lucky you!!

#6093 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
      • 310 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

I know, it's the one thing I don't have to stress about because I know she'll do such a great job. Now, if only I had such good connections for everything else!

#6094 MrsVaughn2B

MrsVaughn2B
        • 264 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by taylorwd
          Question: Are you girls buying all this makeup b/c you're going to do it yourself the day of? You've got me thinking I need to get on this!

AmyKH, I'll try your suggestion about the pic and see what I get. I'm trying to paste directly from the web without going through an storage site like photobucket but I think I'm technology challenged. It's weird b/c I can see it on here but no one else can!
          I did the Bobbi Brown make up too and did my own. I was nervous about letting the spa at the resort do it. When it comes to makeup I want to be able to see it but not look like a clown. I really like the products I bought but I agree they are more expensive than MAC.

#6095 MrsVaughn2B

MrsVaughn2B
          • 264 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

Amy B,

You asked pages and pages what my theme was and I didn't have a theme. We just went with tropical colors and rolled with it. We love the vintage pictures and are so excited to see the rest.

#6096 Afrommert

Afrommert
            • 369 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~Nicole~
              It's worth the money IMO.

Katie - sorry to hear about your grandmother **hugs**
              I can't find your original question to reply, however I got married valentines weekend, Feb 13th,. Your asking about money right?.. 1600? For how many days? Which room/ section? It all depends. I had guest stay 5days for $1320 with a $150 resort credit in the adult swim up section. and we used Dw.com, when booking. It was worth every penny. I believe you get what you pay for in most situations, In this situation, I think you get more than you pay for :)
              Hope this helps.

Amy

#6097 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
              • 239 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:02 AM

Just wanted to say, I hope you girls are all having a wonderful weekend. Ah, can you tell I'm on my 2nd glass of wine?

Baby's in bed, fiance's at work...told myself I was going to unwind and watch a movie...two hours later and 7 emails to my TA and WC, here I am. :)
                Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

#6098 taylorwd

taylorwd
                • 932 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amandamarieb
                  Just wanted to say, I hope you girls are all having a wonderful weekend. Ah, can you tell I'm on my 2nd glass of wine?

Baby's in bed, fiance's at work...told myself I was going to unwind and watch a movie...two hours later and 7 emails to my TA and WC, here I am. :)
                  LOL we've all been there! It's amazing how the hours fly by. Happy weekend to you too!

#6099 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                  • 3,103 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B
                    I did the Bobbi Brown make up too and did my own. I was nervous about letting the spa at the resort do it. When it comes to makeup I want to be able to see it but not look like a clown. I really like the products I bought but I agree they are more expensive than MAC.
                    I too love the products I bought, I've been using my new BB makeup almost every time I wear makeup and I can't believe how flawless I love when I use it. One of my bridesmaids owns a salon/spa and does hair and makeup but unfortunately she did my hair and makeup for my engagement shoot and I hated my makeup and she's not my normal hair stylist. She did my MOH's hair at her wedding and it kept falling out so I got nervous. I'm doing my own makeup, I do a pretty good job with it but I know it won't be as good as a professional but at LEAST I won't look different day of because of my makeup which is what I was worried about.

#6100 amybermuda

amybermuda
                    • 870 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                      I too love the products I bought, I've been using my new BB makeup almost every time I wear makeup and I can't believe how flawless I love when I use it. One of my bridesmaids owns a salon/spa and does hair and makeup but unfortunately she did my hair and makeup for my engagement shoot and I hated my makeup and she's not my normal hair stylist. She did my MOH's hair at her wedding and it kept falling out so I got nervous. I'm doing my own makeup, I do a pretty good job with it but I know it won't be as good as a professional but at LEAST I won't look different day of because of my makeup which is what I was worried about.
                      Andrea, wow thats awesome you did it yourself. I really like Bobbi's ideas of looking natural etc. MAC is totally not my style - the bright colors and cool designs - but I love some of their products. It is a lot to get it done - $125 at the hotel - Pricey!

So Amy - are you getting your hair done then or are you going to do it yourself? I thought your hair looked awesome in your engagement pix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users