Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#5711 renee1811

renee1811
  • Member
  • 539 posts

    Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

    Quote:
    And the official answer is...... Wait, are you ready for it?

    No way no how are we getting the Blue Terrace!

    Because we haven't paid our balance yet (due Monday), nothing is considered "official." They consider us to have been in "negotiations" up until now and therefore feel they have the right to change or renege on promises made.

    We added it up and in total our party is paying over $24,000 just for the rooms. We will have almost 15% of the rooms at the resort while we're there. We helped get them to capacity, and now that they're operating at full capacity, we get screwed. There are not enough censors for what I'm feeling toward them!!
    Taylor, that is terrible. I am SOOO sorry they are being so difficult to work with. I agree with you; you should see if you can find a restaurant in the area or another place where you can have your reception. Maybe once Karisma realizes that are losing out on however much you would have spent on the reception, they might be willing to try and re-negotiate. Especially if any other brides are like you, and if Karisma is suddenly about to be out some serious cash, they might be willing to work with y'all!

    On a side note, I was one day away from signing my contract with Occidental Grand Xcaret when my TA called me about AS and how they would price match for me. woohoo for good deals!!

    #5712 lolo

    lolo
    • Jr. Member
    • 187 posts

      Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:06 AM

      GIRLS!!!!!
      I am kind of in shock that my wedding is on wednesday, we leave sunday!!!! I AM SO PUMPED!!!!

      #5713 meghan

      meghan
      • Member
      • 832 posts

        Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by taylorwd
        And the official answer is...... Wait, are you ready for it?

        No way no how are we getting the Blue Terrace!

        Because we haven't paid our balance yet (due Monday), nothing is considered "official." They consider us to have been in "negotiations" up until now and therefore feel they have the right to change or renege on promises made.

        We added it up and in total our party is paying over $24,000 just for the rooms. We will have almost 15% of the rooms at the resort while we're there. We helped get them to capacity, and now that they're operating at full capacity, we get screwed. There are not enough censors for what I'm feeling toward them!!
        Did you talk to Fabio? When they changed a policy on me, my TA called the head wedding coordinator and it was agreed upon that because they had told me in writing I could have one thing, they could not go back on it. I can't believe they are doing that to you!

        #5714 daniepps

        daniepps
        • Jr. Member
        • 304 posts

          Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:49 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by gingerlover36
          what are some of the TA's you all have been using?

          I read a post today that kind of made me go Uh ohh!

          Someone said that Destination Weddings really pushes Karisma hotels and I noticed that at first she was pushing me there and I said I thought it would be too expensive but my TA said no she didn't think ti would be out of my budget.

          I guess it doesn't matter because so far from what I have seen and researched I love the look of both AB and AS. But just don't want to think that my TA (who I happen to like) has "gotten one over on me"

          I guess that is just me being paranoid/silly though b/c if I am happy with my decision to check them out then I shouldn't care how or why I chose them.

          ok enough rambling sorry....
          Sounds like we may have the same destination weddings TA. I had never even heard of Karisma resorts until my TA told me about them and then she sent over pictures and said she had just visited the resort and how beautiful it was. She did conveniently leave off how much everything costs. At this point I'm so far into planning that it doesn't matter but I did feel like once I said I was open to the Riviera Maya area she pushed this resort on me and didn't really show me any others.

          #5715 KittenHeart

          KittenHeart
          • Sr. Member
          • 3,103 posts

            Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by lolo
            GIRLS!!!!!
            I am kind of in shock that my wedding is on wednesday, we leave sunday!!!! I AM SO PUMPED!!!!
            I am so excited for you!!!! You are going to have the best time ever with your rockin' Insanity body! :)

            #5716 taylorwd

            taylorwd
            • Member
            • 932 posts

              Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by meghan
              Did you talk to Fabio? When they changed a policy on me, my TA called the head wedding coordinator and it was agreed upon that because they had told me in writing I could have one thing, they could not go back on it. I can't believe they are doing that to you!
              We tried that argument. I have lots of emails stating we could have the Blue Terrace. My TA is trying everything possible and working on it as we speak!

              #5717 taylorwd

              taylorwd
              • Member
              • 932 posts

                Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by lolo
                GIRLS!!!!!
                I am kind of in shock that my wedding is on wednesday, we leave sunday!!!! I AM SO PUMPED!!!!
                YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you! And jealous. I need to be sippin' a cocktail in the Mexican sunshine right now!

                Can't wait to hear all about it!

                #5718 ~Crista-Lee~

                ~Crista-Lee~
                • Jr. Member
                • 329 posts

                  Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

                  Wow! I had a lot to catch up on today.

                  Taylor.. that is terrible. My fingers are crossed for you. I really hope Karisma opens their eyes and stops being so backwards with all of these conditions that they suddenly impose. It's not right and not fair to to us and our guests to re-nag on anything promised.

                  Lolo - All the best to you! Have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute!!!

                  #5719 amybermuda

                  amybermuda
                  • Member
                  • 870 posts

                    Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

                    Lolo!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!! I am so jealous you get to go now. I have tons of work to do and loads of weding preparations still to do.

                    You on the other hand, relax and enjoy and have fun at your secret wedding tomorrow too

                    #5720 ~Crista-Lee~

                    ~Crista-Lee~
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 329 posts

                      Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

                      Ummm what?? When did I suddenly become a member? YAY!!! No more Noob - No more Junior... that's right I'm a Member here!

                      That's about one of the only good things that's happened this week. Unfortunately my company had a bad year, which means no bonuses. Pay raises are minimal. I did get promoted, but based on the pay raises... it didn't turn out how I'd hoped. I know I should never count on a bonus but part of me was hoping I'd have a little more money for some more fun things in the wedding budget. C'est la vie...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users