Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#5391 amybermuda

amybermuda
  • Member
  • 870 posts

    Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

    We are doing the catamaran thru Paradise Catamarans too. They seem to be the best deal. They are in Puerto Adventuras which is 50 mins from the Azul Sensatori. They are picking us up in 2 vans, driving to the launch spot, a 4 hour cruise with snorkeling, open bar, sodas, and snacks for 33 people and it is approx $2,100. There have been only good reviews so far on them.

    I am also using Susan Vincil from CancunAndRivieraMaya.com to organize a Cancun clubbing trip (2 vans to Cancun with a midnight and 2 am return to hotel) for under $400 transport. I am using them to book an excursion to do zip lining, snorkeling in cenotes, lunch, and Tulum ruins as well. Again, they pick us up in 2 vans, take up zip lining and snorkeling, lunch, then the ruins, then back to the hotel. That is $93 per person plus the vans at $200 ish.

    From her:

    Extreme Adventure (Cancun and Riviera Maya - Selvatica Canopy Extreme Adventure Tour), or the Cenote, Zip line, Ruins tour (Cenote Adventure & Ruins Private Tour). The Zipline Extreme is $90 per person, plus the cost of transportation ($178 total for 2 vans), and the Cenote/Zip line/Ruins tour is $93 per person, plus the cost of transportation.



    FI's parents are paying for the catamaran and FI and I are paying for the other 2. We were not going to, but then we changed to a regular room instead of the suite and the free wedding package - so we are using that money to pay for the excursions. I think it will be easier that way than collecting money as you have to pay a % now on a CC and then the rest in cash when you get there. I would collect the cash now if we were doing it that way to avoid the headaches (and surprises) later.


    I also looked at gettign Mayan massages in Puerto Morelos but I dont think we'll have time. I found a cool little place in Trip Advisor - things to do in Puerto Morelos

    #5392 daniepps

    daniepps
    • Jr. Member
    • 304 posts

      Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by meghan
      The pasta dish is not on the menu. It is a vegetarian dish. We originally wanted either 1A or 1B from the menu, and that means you just get one meal choice. Since we have more than 5 vegetarians, they told us they would not make that many alternative dishes. So they emailed me to vegetarian pasta dishes that we could get for $11 (that was the price when I first booked...I think the cheapest price is now $12 or maybe even $14). So, instead of having the chicken or pork, everyone is having the pasta option.

      These were the vegetarian options we were given:

      1. OVEN BAKED “CAPPELACCI”,STUFFED WITH SPINACH AND
      RICOTTA CHEESE,ORANGE,TOMATO SAUCE


      2. “EL ROYALE”PENNE PASTA,WITH SAUTEED
      SHRIMPS,PEPPERS AND CILANTRO IN TEQUILA-LIME SAUCE

      We are having the oven baked cappelacci.

      If you are interested in either of these, I would suggest emailing your coordinator and asking about vegetarian options.
      Ok thanks! I'm going to get on this. I'm going with the set menu too but I'm not impressed with it at all. I like both of these pasta dishes better than anything on the set menu.

      #5393 daniepps

      daniepps
      • Jr. Member
      • 304 posts

        Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:58 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by suzannepdc
        I would check with Tiffany to see what the "current" outside photographer policy is. To use an outside photographer, you have to pay $500 fee or have them stay for 3 nights. I recently booked (yes, I am getting married in less than 3 months! :) ) at the Azul Beach and was told that I could not use anyone that was Mexican-based that was not the "approved" photographers. We could, however, bring in someone from the United States. I am still baffled by this policy - I get the extra fee since they have relationships with certain companies, but I would think they would prefer for us to spend our money locally. We are flying someone in from Ohio - it's a little pricey, but something we decided to do.

        Hope that helps!
        The most recent policy I got (2 months ago) is that NO outside Mexican photographers are allowed except Matias Cano and Caribe. If you bring someone from home they must stay 3 nights.

        #5394 MrsVaughn2B

        MrsVaughn2B
        • Jr. Member
        • 264 posts

          Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

          hey ladies I just want to say thank you for all of the support during my wedding planning. We leave at 6am in the morning and are very excited. I will be sure to tell you all about it when we return!!

          #5395 daniepps

          daniepps
          • Jr. Member
          • 304 posts

            Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mrsvaughn2b
            hey ladies i just want to say thank you for all of the support during my wedding planning. We leave at 6am in the morning and are very excited. I will be sure to tell you all about it when we return!!
            have fun!!!!

            #5396 KittenHeart

            KittenHeart
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,103 posts

              Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by amybermuda
              We are doing the catamaran thru Paradise Catamarans too. They seem to be the best deal. They are in Puerto Adventuras which is 50 mins from the Azul Sensatori. They are picking us up in 2 vans, driving to the launch spot, a 4 hour cruise with snorkeling, open bar, sodas, and snacks for 33 people and it is approx $2,100. There have been only good reviews so far on them.

              I am also using Susan Vincil from CancunAndRivieraMaya.com to organize a Cancun clubbing trip (2 vans to Cancun with a midnight and 2 am return to hotel) for under $400 transport. I am using them to book an excursion to do zip lining, snorkeling in cenotes, lunch, and Tulum ruins as well. Again, they pick us up in 2 vans, take up zip lining and snorkeling, lunch, then the ruins, then back to the hotel. That is $93 per person plus the vans at $200 ish.

              From her:

              Extreme Adventure (Cancun and Riviera Maya - Selvatica Canopy Extreme Adventure Tour), or the Cenote, Zip line, Ruins tour (Cenote Adventure & Ruins Private Tour). The Zipline Extreme is $90 per person, plus the cost of transportation ($178 total for 2 vans), and the Cenote/Zip line/Ruins tour is $93 per person, plus the cost of transportation.



              FI's parents are paying for the catamaran and FI and I are paying for the other 2. We were not going to, but then we changed to a regular room instead of the suite and the free wedding package - so we are using that money to pay for the excursions. I think it will be easier that way than collecting money as you have to pay a % now on a CC and then the rest in cash when you get there. I would collect the cash now if we were doing it that way to avoid the headaches (and surprises) later.


              I also looked at gettign Mayan massages in Puerto Morelos but I dont think we'll have time. I found a cool little place in Trip Advisor - things to do in Puerto Morelos
              Ok, your guests are going to have the BEST time ever!! Can I come to your wedding? LOL! I wish I had time to do all these things.

              I know I am going to have my bachelorette party in Cancun one night. That's about it!

              #5397 KittenHeart

              KittenHeart
              • Sr. Member
              • 3,103 posts

                Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:25 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B
                hey ladies I just want to say thank you for all of the support during my wedding planning. We leave at 6am in the morning and are very excited. I will be sure to tell you all about it when we return!!
                Andrea have a BLAST!!! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

                #5398 ~Katie~

                ~Katie~
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,225 posts

                  Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:13 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                  Thank you Lindz :) Per the scale though I think weight has been gained, I'm not crazy!
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
                  haha yeah I am the same way! I will see 5 lbs on the scale...and people are like, "you're crazy!!" lol!
                  YOU TWO!!!!!!!!! didn't anyone ever tell you that muscles weighs more than fat, so if you are working your little ass off working out, once you've lost fat, you are going to end up getting a little heavier due to toning your muscles!! So you can look and be skinnier, and still weigh more than you did.

                  Now...shhhhhhhhh!! lol
                  hey ladies I just want to say thank you for all of the support during my wedding planning. We leave at 6am in the morning and are very excited. I will be sure to tell you all about it when we return!!
                  ah have a fab time Andrea. I'm sure it will all be amazing and you'll have the perfect day :)

                  Can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics!! xx

                  #5399 ~Nicole~

                  ~Nicole~
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 4,512 posts

                    Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

                    momichele, I've added you to the list!

                    February 2010
                    MrsVaughn2B – February 13, 2010
                    Afrommert – February 13, 2010 – 5pm
                    OMT - February 14, 2010
                    March 2010
                    Lolo – March 3, 2010
                    Melsha - March 16, 2010
                    April 2010
                    daifje - April 10, 2010
                    Aneliese26 – April 19, 2010
                    sunkissed bride - April 22, 2010
                    May 2010
                    27 dresses - May 5, 2010
                    LivandScot - May 7, 2010
                    KittenHeart - May 8, 2010
                    Mocashman – May 10, 2010
                    Sammyhawk – May 19, 2010
                    Renee1811 - May 28, 2010
                    Amybermuda – May 29, 2010
                    June 2010
                    July 2010

                    meghan - July 2, 2010
                    Meesh – July 10, 2009
                    momichele – July 24, 2010
                    Daniepps – July 31, 2010
                    August 2010
                    September 2010
                    October 2010
                    November 2010

                    ~Crista-Lee~ - November 10, 2010
                    December 2010
                    jaimeburns – December 10, 2010
                    *Formerly Nikki07*
                    My Planning Thread

                    #5400 thefuturemrslutz

                    thefuturemrslutz
                    • Member
                    • 821 posts

                      Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Katie_2010
                      YOU TWO!!!!!!!!! didn't anyone ever tell you that muscles weighs more than fat, so if you are working your little ass off working out, once you've lost fat, you are going to end up getting a little heavier due to toning your muscles!! So you can look and be skinnier, and still weigh more than you did.

                      Now...shhhhhhhhh!! lol



                      ah have a fab time Andrea. I'm sure it will all be amazing and you'll have the perfect day :)

                      Can't wait to hear all about it and see your pics!! xx
                      hahaha Thanks Katie. You are right too!! SO funny!




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users