Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!
Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:06 PM
Alright so it was a blast! I had so much fun and DEFINITELY expanded my boundaries quite a bit, when in Rome!
So I had my hair and makeup done professionally (my photog said to make sure it was done professionally, makes all the difference) so I followed his advice and I'm happy I did. I don't wear makeup every day but when I do I like to really wear it as you can tell in my picture below I gave my hairdress creative freedom and wanted a smokey bedroom look for my makeup and I hardly recognized myself... in a good way, it was so glamorous!
So I brought with me everything I owned that is sexy to have options & 6 pairs of shoes, this was probably the best choice as I really didn't know what I would want to wear once I was there. I brought my best friend and MOH with me which was probably my best decision I made, having someone there that knows me that can look out for me and help me decide on what to wear was SO helpful, I couldn't have done it without her and she drank with me too which was fun!
When we arrived at my photogs house he handed MOH and I patron shots and made me open up my suitcase and see everything I had to get an idea of what I was looking at doing and showed me many pictures of ideas he was thinking, totally on the same page so I trust him completely. I laid out all my outfit options, shoes and props so I could pick and choose.
I used the pearls a lot, they looked great and were fun to play with. I also used the feather (12' long black feather) I bought a lot, it was so fun and made me feel sexy for some reason. Also I used FI's black tie he used in our engagement shoot, pulling on it whatnot was great. I also used a pin up calender I bought and put a red heart around our wedding date and took pix with that. Having some sort of prop to focus on (unless your a pro model) helped me a lot because honestly it was kinda hard to figure out new sexy poses unless I was standing, lying down poses were harder to get creative with for me.
Having music really helped me relax, I would just hum and enjoy the music and my MOH would dance or smile, she made me laugh a lot which was good for some pix as well. Wine was flowing and we just had a good time, as nervous as I was, it left quickly as my photog is really professional and he was very helpful with ideas and moves. My MOH kept telling me to take it off (which I didn't intend on doing) but took some shots top off and took some tasteful shots with nothing on (!!!) never would have thought of doing this but I figured, hey why not, if they look terrible, no one needs to see them.
So my shoot was 4 hours long, I was totally exhausted by the end of it but it couldn't have gone any better! Chris is sending me pix soon and I told him specifically to send them soon so I could show you girls
Let me know if you have any questions!
Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:15 PM
Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:49 PM
Amy your shoot sounded like a lot of fun!
We got most of our save the dates out before Christmas... the other half will be done in the next week. My FI's mom was late with getting us address' for her family. I was a little upset at the time because I wanted to do them with Christmas cards and we'd asked her for them weeks prior. Unfortunately it's to be expected from him family... which brought on family drama over the holidays... not fun. On the other hand, my family is really excited about the wedding and are all anxious to book!
Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:23 PM
Update me with what you got done and what you'd like your new list to be ending January 22nd
STARTING Monday, December 28h 2009 – ENDING Friday, January 8th 2010 OMG!
We will check in with what is done either as it’s done or every other Friday and start a new list
KittenHeart (Amy) to do’s:
1. DECIDE whether or not you will have a veil and either make one or buy one - inquired into getting one made
2. Order MOH gift - DONE
3. Finish making bridesmaid fascinators - still not done, arg!
4. Buy cardstock for OOT bag - DONE
5. Finalize all appts for BD shoot prep - Done
6. Finish terrarium gifts and deliver - Not done...
7. Complete liver cleanse successfully - DONE
8. Complete Insanity week and complete P90X week, working out every day. - Done
9. (BD prep) Hair cut, color, eyebrow waxing , facial peel, body wrap, salt body scrub, mani/pedi, outfit try on with pix, wash and dry new white sheets for shoot, gather accessories and make playlist - Done
AmyBermuda to do’s:
- investigate & order waterproof stickers for mugs & shot glasses
- send out room block info for AHR
- contact TA and find out capacity at hotel & email Mexico invitees who have not yet booked
- send out email to guests to book flights as wedding is over memorial day
- find & buy cocktail umbrellas for seating chart
- get idea of #s for excursions and make preliminary bookings
- make FI actually get on the catamaran "rehearsal dinner" booking as he has promised to deal with for the past month!
MrsVaughn2B (Andrea) to do’s:
#1 Jewelry for bridesmaids
#2 Decide hair and make up for wedding day – in process (still)
Thefuturemrslutz (Lindz) to do’s:
1) Print and mail STD's!!
2) I have added a lot to my website...just need to complete it!
3) Try on 3 wedding dresses again!
Meghan to do’s:
1. Complete invites by January 8th
2. Go pick out wedding band for FI
Katie’s to do’s:
1. Find invites that me AND FI agree on! (lol turns out we don't have the same taste at all!)
2. Try and finish wedding 'brochure'
3. Pay final payment for wedding dress
4. (This is a long-term one for Jan) go shopping with my mum for shoes, veil and tiara
Affromert – Amy’s to do’s:
1. Flower girl needs bucket and pedals, ill hit michaels i guess...
2. AHR invitations need to be finished ASAP.
3. Send out thank you cards from bridal shower(*just have to drop them in the mail)
4. finish getting oot goodies for the bags.
5. MY SHOES.
6 And I need to exchange undergarment for wedding gown.
Lolo’s to do’s:
1) Final fitting of my TTD dress on Tues Jan 5
2) Get wedding dress alterations started - On Jan 5
3) Work on assembling corsages for the ladies (they requested them:)
4) Get travel mugs for our guests and personalize them
waiting for prices from Starbucks
5) Upload pic of rings
6) Completed 5 weeks insanity now to finish the rest..... (hurt back am off for a week)
going to try to work out, back still hurts
7) Going to hit home outfitters to finish registry
get marriage license - book JP for legal ceremony before we go
Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:25 PM
Sometimes you need to take a break from wedding stuff, focus on everyday life and get that all relaxed and rejuvenated before delving into wedding stuff.
I feel so releieved now that my shoot is over, I was stressed over it big time!
Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:46 PM
Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:51 PM
- investigate & order waterproof stickers for mugs & shot glasses DONE
- send out room block info for AHR - DONE
- contact TA and find out capacity at hotel & email Mexico invitees who have not yet booked DONE
- send out email to guests to book flights as wedding is over memorial day DONE
- find & buy cocktail umbrellas for seating chart TO DO
- get idea of #s for excursions and make preliminary bookings DONE
- make FI actually get on the catamaran "rehearsal dinner" booking as he has promised to deal with for the past month! DONE
- Start song playlist
- Start on ceremony design
- Get info about babies at the hotel and near by medical facilities **
** my sister just had a baby 4 weeks ago and her and her husband are freaking out about taking him to Mexico. They were fine before he was born but I think now that they see how little he is and fragile, they are totally freaking. Like - what type of water do they wash the bottles in? Is it safe to bathe the baby in the water in the bathroom? How will they protect him from the sun? And the list goes on. I might even need to start a thread to see about other ppl's guests bringing babies to mexico. I feel bad, but I think in 3 months they will realize their son is a much heartier than he is now as a newborn!
Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:54 PM
| Originally Posted by ~Crista-Lee~ |
which brought on family drama over the holidays... not fun.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users