#441 amysteele444

amysteele444
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mexicanbridewithquestions
    I started the site review. Here's the link

http://bestdestinati....274#post563102

Thanks so much for posting the pics. I am seriously nervous that it will not be ready in time for our 11/14/08 wedding. What are your thoughts? Did they seem reassuring on the opening date?

The only thing that is making me feel a little better that Andy looked at the photos and laughed at me for worrying (hes in construction management) He said they look like they are almost done, esp. since they are all ready painting and such.

I will be such a mess if things don't work out. The damn reason we are having a destination wedding is for less stress.

#442 mexicanbridewithquestions

mexicanbridewithquestions
    • 149 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amysteele444
      Thanks so much for posting the pics. I am seriously nervous that it will not be ready in time for our 11/14/08 wedding. What are your thoughts? Did they seem reassuring on the opening date?

The only thing that is making me feel a little better that Andy looked at the photos and laughed at me for worrying (hes in construction management) He said they look like they are almost done, esp. since they are all ready painting and such.

I will be such a mess if things don't work out. The damn reason we are having a destination wedding is for less stress.

My FI and I were talking about that too. It was a lot more unfinished than we thought it would be. Carolina assured us that it would be done, and that every time they go back to look at it, there is so much more work done. Our guess is that it will open on November 1st, but may not have everything finished. (probably minor details of things) But as far as restaurants and pools, I think that will be done.

#443 mexicanbridewithquestions

• 149 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:44 PM

Oh yeah wanted to mention, when talking to Gilberto he said there is nothing to worry about the DJ's that they get them from 2 companies and they are very good. I asked him if they emcee the event too. And he said that they only speak spanish!

I don't know what we are going to do about a DJ! It is crazy that this is the only option is for one that doesn't speak english. We are hesitant to give a guest the job of emceeing the ceremony (there are a lot of announcements to do and want the DJ to read the crowd to play the right music at the right time)

There were so many nice people that worked at Azul Beach with great personalities that spoke great English and were very funny too. My FI and I were thinking why can't they do it? I don't get it.

Thoughts for a DJ option

#444 Solidshan83

Solidshan83
        • 103 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

Abby,
          NO English? What about the first dance and father daughter dance? NO ENGLISH? Can a guest make the announcements??

#445 mexicanbridewithquestions

• 149 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:32 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Solidshan83
            Abby,
            NO English? What about the first dance and father daughter dance? NO ENGLISH? Can a guest make the announcements??
            Yes, guest can make announcements. In fact, Gilberto suggested getting someone from your party to be the emcee. He said the DJ is there to play the music.

I did ask Gilberto about the quality of the iPod speakers. And he said that the iPod speaker quality is equal to the DJ speakers. And someone from Lomas will help you in setting up the iPod speakers to make sure it works correctly.

with both of these options a microphone is included

#446 selina

selina
            • 46 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:53 PM

The iPod option would at least give you more control over your timing, play list, announcements and song selections. It would be very difficult to work with someone who doesn't speak any English, especially if something important needs to be communicated.

Eeeeek... I'm thinking iPod!
              http://i217.photobuc....e/us_small.jpg

Getting hitched in style to my babe
              Azul Sensatori :: Riviera Maya :: Mexico
              October First Two Thousand NineVisit our website @ http://tonyandselina.nearlyweds.com http://www.ezticker.....ing/ticker.png

#447 lilmisssunshine

lilmisssunshine
              • 105 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

If the DJ cant speak english and you have to have a friend be the mc then why are any of you considering paying for one? Wouldnt it be safer using an ipod? Am I missing something?
                :

#448 Polina

Polina
                • Banned
                • 53 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:52 AM

I spoke to Fabio about the DJ situation last week and he said that the DJ does MC and does speak English. It's wierd that we are getting different information.

#449 jennik13

jennik13
                  • 118 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

Did anyone else see this this morning?
                    Deals - Exclusive Discounts and Special Offers - DailyCandy

Daily Candy released Azul Sensatori's opening with 25% off if you book before November 7, 2008.

I am BUGGING as I put down SOOO much money to hold 38 rooms! And my friends are sending me this promotion, why would anyone book their rooms with my TA when they can get 25% off

Jenni

#450 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                    • 1,047 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

Actually that rate is available to all TA's- it also has restricted dates and is 25% off of rack rates.

The group rate more than likely is the same as the opening promo discounted rates.

Price it out and see where it stands and if it includes the same dates and inclusions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users