• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#4271 ~Katie~

~Katie~
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:42 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B
    Girls, I just wanted to tell you I got my coral shoes today and am super excited.
    I now have a complete outfit (well almost without jewelry) dress, veil, petticoat, and shoes!
    Its slowly coming together. :-)
    yay :) can you post a pic?? I wanna see!! lol

#4272 ~Katie~

~Katie~
    • 1,225 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:44 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B
      Katie,

I am so glad you got everything worked out and stuck to your gut feeling. The gut feeling is almost always right, just like Amy said. Its wonderful she will still be able to share in other parts of the wedding. As you would say in your cute brit accent, "Well done!"
      haha!

are there other words/phrases that you all associate with us Brits?? I find it fascinating that 'well done' stands out to you all...but can just imagine you all saying it in your heads in a post accent like the Queen!! lol

#4273 amybermuda

amybermuda
      • 870 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

Katie, I am so relieved for you. I can totally relate to the anxiety and hurt you must have been feeling in the wake of that text. Glad you guys can sort through everything and still be friends. We need each other! And it shows how close you are how she admitted how spot on you were!

Andrea, excuse my ignorance, but what is a petticoat?

I cant wait to go home and try on my shoes, veil and dress and take a picture and post it!!! It's almost more fun with you guys since we're all in the same boat than it is my friends. Is that bad

#4274 renee1811

renee1811
        • 539 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:00 PM

AmyB, I totally understand! My friend who is the most excited about my wedding lives in California, so she isn't here to help me out with stuff. Rest of my close friends are either planning their own wedding, or are single and don't get my excitement. I love being able to share all of this with other girls who are just as happy! :)

#4275 renee1811

renee1811
          • 539 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:01 PM

ooh, and what do y'all think of my logo? I worked on it last night! :)

#4276 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by renee1811
              woohoo, my title changed from Noob to Junior Member!!!! lol, sorry, this is very exciting.
              Agreed it's very exciting!!!! Congrats!! Wait until you get your first banner, it just keeps getting more fun!

#4277 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
              • 3,103 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

Katie - I love your "well done!" definitely not something commonly used out here in the states, it's super cute :)

Andrea - I second seeing a picture of your shoes, I LOVE shoes!!

Amy B - A petticoat is a slip or underskirt that is often full and trimmed with ruffles or lace. It's mostly to add volume to the skirt or dress, think way back in the day, Victorian times with the big dresses, petticoats and corsets. Technically a petticoat is just what goes underneath a dress to make it big or not sheer or something... Laura Ingalls days all wore petticoats as well.

I agree with you on being more excited to show you girls stuff instead of friends. Most of my friends actually ask me about it a lot but I feel so secretive, like I'm throwing THEM a party and I want them surprised, that's pretty lame :)

Renee - Love your logo! It's really cute! That was one of the hardest parts for me and I don't even really use it that much It's my stamp that is my avatar pic.

#4278 MrsVaughn2B

MrsVaughn2B
                • 264 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

Reene,

Congrats on making it to Jr. member already you work hard yesterday. Go you!

#4279 MrsVaughn2B

MrsVaughn2B
                  • 264 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

Amy KH,
                    I did feel like I finally got something almost complete and its such a relief. My fiance and I divided our list in half and are tackling it head on. I might just make my 2009 deadline after all.

#4280 MrsVaughn2B

MrsVaughn2B
                    • 264 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

Renee,

The logo is really cute and perfect for the beach!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users