Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#191 pepper55

pepper55
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

Claudia Rodriguez is one of Azul Sensatori's preferred vendors, and their work is amazing. She does charge a higher fee for brides getting married at Azul vs. any other place. That pretty much is the same fee we'd get charged for using another outside vendor. Either way, Azul gets their money...

I think that the welcome dinner, brunch, etc. are all per person fees. So may not be worth it for you to do an AI if you're paying for all of that too. I think we may use the Spoon dinner as our Welcome Dinner and not do a brunch... Once I start working with them on the details I'll keep you posted.

#192 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
    • 687 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Anon101
      Thanks! Do you know if the additional charge is a per person fee for all food and drink (vs. a nightly area set-aside fee) -- because if the resort is going to charge a per person fee for all food and drink for a welcome dinner, rehearsal dinner, private wedding (this one's okay), and farewell brunch, for my group of 80, I'm wondering if it's silly to do an AI. Thoughts?
      I think pepper summed it up well. You are paying a premium to have dinner together as a group in a private to semi-private (as in having dinner at Spoons) setting.
      You're right, it does stink to have to pay per person at AI. I think most of them do it this way, because otherwise they'd be over-run with wedding groups at every meal. It wouldn't be quite fair for the other guests.
      I think we will have more than 40 guests, so we will have no choice but to pay for a private dinner. And have the dinner at Spoon for a smaller group (wedding party and immediate family.)
      One thing you can do is meet up at the bar for a few drinks (for free). Or maybe host a party with hor-deurves which includes 2 hours open bar. That would be way cheaper than a meal. Your guests aren't going to care either way, they'll just be happy to be there!
      Photography by Tamm's Photos
      http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#193 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
      • 687 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Anon-
        Have you looked into Moon Palace? You have a large group for a DW. I know they give you X amount of private events for X amount of rooms booked.
        That might work out for you if you want to have several private functions.

#194 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
        • 687 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

*****post concerning resort photographers*****

So I know the big question is should I book the resort photographer or my own?
          It all depends on what you want and what your needs are. If you are wanting photos of the ceremony and immediately after, then the resort photographer will probably do.
          If you want photos of getting ready, all the way to the reception then you might be better off booking your own.

It looks like Karisma is expanding their options greatly. They now have coverage for 8 hours, which I don't remember seeing before.
          Category Photography & Video - List of products - Welcome, Guest Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya

Caribe Photo Professional weddings and events photographers company Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cancun, Riviera Maya - Mexico</em></tt></strong> is their main photographer. You can see pics of recent weddings by clicking on "just married".
          Here are their packages for Azul-
          Category Photography & Video - List of products - Welcome, Guest Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya

Royale Photo professional wedding photojournalist photographer in riviera maya is the next photographer listed. You can see in the gallery many photos of Karisma weddings.
          Here are their packages for weddings at Azul-

Claudia Rodriguez, Photographer, Cancun & Riviera Maya is an option. Claudia and her team are known for awesome wedding photos. Sadly it appears that you will be paying a premium for her services. She charges an extra $900 on her packages to shoot Azul, which I just found out last week.
          Here are her packages for Azul- Category Photography & Video - List of products - Welcome, Guest Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya

Lastly MEXICAN WEDDING PHOTOS
          There are a lot of examples under "Photos".
          Here are the packages for Azul- Category Photography & Video - List of products - Welcome, Guest Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya

Request for them to send you an entire album from some recent weddings so you can determine if you like their style and if they capture what is important to you.
          Search through the EDR and the Azul Beach threads and see if there are any mentioning of the resort photographers and check out their work.

I know choosing a photographer was almost as agonizing as choosing the resort. I'm not an expert on this topic, but I thought I could help by putting it all in one post. The Lomas website can be a bit confusing!

#195 Anon101

Anon101
          • 86 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:04 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be
            Anon-
            Have you looked into Moon Palace? You have a large group for a DW. I know they give you X amount of private events for X amount of rooms booked.
            That might work out for you if you want to have several private functions.
            Thanks so much for the suggestion! I greatly appreciate it, and was unaware of this promotion.

Separately, great job on the photog summary. This is very helpful!

#196 soon2bevalentine

soon2bevalentine
            • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

Hello Sensatori brides,

My fiance and I have narrowed our wedding resort choice to Azul Beach or Sensatori. Some family members are concerned with the room rates at both resorts and plan to stay at resorts close by. Does anyone know what resorts are immediately next to both Azul hotels? It would be nice if we could still hook up with people on the beach even if they're at a different resort.

Thanks,

Liana

#197 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
              • 687 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

Haha-they could stay at the nude resort that is in between the 2 resorts. But it is just as expensive!
                I'm attaching some maps so you can see where Azul Beach is. Azul Sensatori is on the other side of Desire Resort. This first map has Azul Beach in an incorrect location. It is located right next to Desire Resort. I have tried to enlarge the second map, but I can't.

Click the image to open in full size.
                Click the image to open in full size.

So the closest resorts are equally, if not more expensive.
                I think the Iberostar Maya and Lindo are cheaper. There are a ton of hotels in Playa Del Carmen are dirt cheap (not all-inclusive).

Here are some cheaper all inclusives that I just found on Loco Gringo.
                Real Playa del Carmen: All inclusive resort hotel, Riviera Maya, Mexico
                Sandos Playacar Beach Resort: Playa del Carmen all inclusive resort
                The Reef Playacar: Playa del Carmen all inclusive resort beach front
                H10 Hacienda Maya: All inclusive resort, Riviera Maya, Mexico
                SandosCaracol Beach Resort/Spa: Playa del Carmen hotels, Mexico
                col%20Beach%20Resort

Remember, your guests will have to pay $75 per person for a day pass to attend your wedding and transportation to and from the resort.
                Honestly, the Azul Resorts are well worth the money. I agree, it can be quite some sticker shock, especially if you have never stayed at all-inclusive resort or do not travel often.
                Also, you get what you pay for. Maybe they can justify spending an extra $50 per person a night to stay at Azul.

I hope to have helped some!

#198 ericaandsy

ericaandsy
                • 259 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by soon2bevalentine
                  Hello Sensatori brides,

My fiance and I have narrowed our wedding resort choice to Azul Beach or Sensatori. Some family members are concerned with the room rates at both resorts and plan to stay at resorts close by. Does anyone know what resorts are immediately next to both Azul hotels? It would be nice if we could still hook up with people on the beach even if they're at a different resort.

Thanks,

Liana

Hi Liana..I am getting married at the Azul Fives. At first we were thinking to suggest other hotels for our guests to stay but then we were going to be paying an arm and a leg for day passes for the wedding for the guests who don't stay at our resort. How many people do you think will stay somewhere else??

#199 soon2bevalentine

soon2bevalentine
                  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for the map! This is really helpful. I think it would be hilarious to recommend that the dissenting family members stay at the nude resort - although it probably wouldn't be fair to the guests there when granny struts her stuff! Besides, the family members don't all share my evil sense of humour.

As for the rates at the Azul, I fully agree that you get what you pay for but what can you do when people say it's too expensive? My fiance and I took a quick trip down there two weeks ago and stayed at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya. The food was awful and we both got horribly sick. It ended up costing us an extra $400 for a doctor and medication! So for me, paying the bit extra up front is worth it.

I heard that the day passes at Sensatori are $99! Yikes. So far, I think we'll have 5 people who will stay at another resort, but we're only expecting 20 or so and one of those wanting to stay at a different resort is my mom. It would be nice to have her close by. I think they've targetted the H10 Ocean Coral and Turquesa. Has anyone heard about wedding packages there?

Thanks for the info!

Liana

#200 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
                    • 687 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:50 AM

Oh, that really stinks when it is your mom wanting to stay somewhere else.
                      Just curious, do you have to book for an entire week since you are from Canada?
                      I remember looking at H10. It looks very pretty, but the reviews are hit and miss for sure. I don't know if they have wedding packages. On their website it just says "conventions and incentives".

I have copy and pasted the day pass info from the optional amenities document.
                      Day Passes
                      Wedding Pass
                      (Includes food and
                      beverage, does not
                      include food &
                      beverage for private
                      events. This must be
                      purchased
                      separately)
                      Allows non-guests entry to the
                      resort for an 8 hour period on
                      the day of the ceremony. All
                      Day pass guest must show ID
                      upon check in & check out.
                      $72

Day Pass (Includes
                      food and beverage,
                      does not include food
                      & beverage for
                      private events. This
                      must be purchased
                      separately)
                      Allows non-hotel guests entry
                      to the resort for an 8 hour
                      period.
                      All Wedding pass
                      guest must show ID upon
                      check in & check out.
                      $99
                      Please note: each hotel reserves the right to restrict the maximum number of guests allowed
                      into the hotel on day passes. The number of outside guests must be confirmed at the time of
                      your wedding reservation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users