Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19356 replies to this topic

#19341 chelscbs

chelscbs
  • 7 posts
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:49 AM

@TandAGetHitched, thanks for the info! I would love to see your day of lineup, and hear how everything goes for you. When's the big day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19342 TandAGetHitched

TandAGetHitched
  • 46 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 11, 2018
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori - Mexico
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:55 AM

@chelscbs - I just sent you a link to our schedule. Our wedding is May 11, 2018 - so about 9 months out, so it is possible the schedule could change a bit, but this is a really good start. 

Cheers to Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever After

#19343 TandAGetHitched

TandAGetHitched
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

I'm interested in hearing thoughts on welcome events (past & future brides)!

Our wedding is Friday. Most of our guests arrive on Wednesday, with about 20 arriving on Thursday. We were planning to use the semi-private dinner at Spoon for a Welcome Dinner on Thursday evening. but we have 60 guests and the maximum guests for that semi-private event is 50. (FYI - the maximum guests to keep the semi-private "free" is 40. but the event maximum is 50 ($25/pp after 40 guests)

We have a few ideas and I'd love some feedback/past experiences!

1. host event on Thursday and limit the guests invited to 50 (exclude 10 people from the event) and use semi-private (pros - "free", cons - excludes some guests)
  2. host event on Wednesday, 20 guests don't arrive until Thurs, so the total would be 40 guests (pros - free, cons - excludes some guests)
  3. book a separate cocktail hour - I'm think the S'mores on the beach (pros - intimate and private, cons - adds extra $1000+)
  4. plan an informal gathering at one of the other bars - people can come and go as they please (pros - no extra costs, cons - doesn't feel very special)

any other ideas/thoughts/concerns? My FI thinks an informal meet up at one of the bars is "just fine". I lean towards a dinner on Wednesday + informal meeting on Thurs

THANK YOU! 

#19344 Sweetness14

Sweetness14
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

I'm interested in hearing thoughts on welcome events (past & future brides)!

Our wedding is Friday. Most of our guests arrive on Wednesday, with about 20 arriving on Thursday. We were planning to use the semi-private dinner at Spoon for a Welcome Dinner on Thursday evening. but we have 60 guests and the maximum guests for that semi-private event is 50. (FYI - the maximum guests to keep the semi-private "free" is 40. but the event maximum is 50 ($25/pp after 40 guests)

We have a few ideas and I'd love some feedback/past experiences!

• host event on Thursday and limit the guests invited to 50 (exclude 10 people from the event) and use semi-private (pros - "free", cons - excludes some guests)
    • host event on Wednesday, 20 guests don't arrive until Thurs, so the total would be 40 guests (pros - free, cons - excludes some guests)
    • book a separate cocktail hour - I'm think the S'mores on the beach (pros - intimate and private, cons - adds extra $1000+)
    • plan an informal gathering at one of the other bars - people can come and go as they please (pros - no extra costs, cons - doesn't feel very special)
    any other ideas/thoughts/concerns? My FI thinks an informal meet up at one of the bars is "just fine". I lean towards a dinner on Wednesday + informal meeting on Thurs

THANK YOU!

If you were having less guests I would say the dinner would be fine but for the amount of guests your expecting I would say do something simple, causal. I did the S'mores party on the beach. I rented and amplifier so that I was able to play music. It began to rain so it was moved to the Mexican bar and it was perfect because the bar was right there lol. Drink and shots were flowing. Everyone laughing and taking and taking pics. It was perfect. I had my photographer come to my welcome mixer to capture those moments as well

#19345 TandAGetHitched

TandAGetHitched
    • 46 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

ok - a moment of joy... my dress arrived!! (6 weeks early). I went shopping in June and after 5 stores, finally found what I think is the perfect dress for me. It's Mysteria, from More Lee's newest line and I love it. It's not quite as 'beachy' as I was initially looking for, but when I tried it on, I knew the search was over. I picked it up, and it's currently stored in our spare room, as I wait until January to start alterations. I may have to move it to my MOH's house - I keep wanting to re-try it on :)

Just wanted to share some exciting news!

Attached Files

Edited by TandAGetHitched, 05 September 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#19346 Sweetness14

Sweetness14
    • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:04 AM

ok - a moment of joy... my dress arrived!! (6 weeks early). I went shopping in June and after 5 stores, finally found what I think is the perfect dress for me. It's Mysteria, from More Lee's newest line and I love it. It's not quite as 'beachy' as I was initially looking for, but when I tried it on, I knew the search was over. I picked it up, and it's currently stored in our spare room, as I wait until January to start alterations. I may have to move it to my MOH's house - I keep wanting to re-try it on :)

That's amazing. It looks great on you. I live lace lol

#19347 chelscbs

chelscbs
      • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:07 AM

Gorgeous! I just bought my dress this past weekend. Feels like a big one to get checked off. Your dress looks amazing on you and don't worry, my dress isn't as "beachy" as I originally anticipated either. I think as long as you feel good in it, and are able to move and dance, that's all that matters!

#19348 Sweetness14

Sweetness14
      • 51 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:19 AM

I agree, as long as you feel amazing it in, that's all that matters

#19349 chelscbs

chelscbs
        • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

Has anyone planned a wedding over 100 people at the Sensatori? How did it go? I'm getting a lot of pushback from the staff about what venues I can pick and I'm getting frustrated. Looking to do both the ceremony and reception outside.

#19350 Sweetness14

Sweetness14
        • 51 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:30 AM

Has anyone planned a wedding over 100 people at the Sensatori? How did it go? I'm getting a lot of pushback from the staff about what venues I can pick and I'm getting frustrated. Looking to do both the ceremony and reception outside.

Hi, yes I had over 100 people at my wedding back in May. I didn't have any issues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users