Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19350 replies to this topic

#19241 kat5849

kat5849
  • 3 posts
    • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:37 PM

WOW What a wealth of information here! Im just in the process of booking may 2017 and actually have a trip down to the resort in dec to check it out! 

Couple questions! 

1) recommendations of photographers? I have heard the resort one is not amazing so looking outside of that

2) Did anyone organize a group excursion for while they are there?

3) honeymoon! Are people staying longer than their guests? are you switching hotels? if so where? 

Thanks! 

#19242 LRosario

LRosario
    • 62 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationChicago

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

@kat5849

1. We used Sarani Photography/Videography. They are amazing and professional. She gave us a $4000 discount and an extra hour to make up for the cost of the outside vendor fee.
    Here's my pics and video...
    http://www.saranipho...g-at-sensatori/

2. We did a group excursion to Xcaret which is absolutely amazing. Make sure to stay for the night show. We used the excursion Kiosk near the exit at Sensatori.
    3. We stayed 5 extra days after our wedding and did not switch hotels .

Lastly, if your looking to rent decor or purchase party favors, stuff to put in welcome bags and so on. Everyone including me uses Katy. She lives in Playa del CARMEN and has great prices . Here's her Facebook link.
    https://www.facebook...veandlacedecor/
    Hope this helps.

RoMo2016

#19243 kat5849

kat5849
    • 3 posts
      • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

@kat5849

1. We used Sarani Photography/Videography. They are amazing and professional. She gave us a $4000 discount and an extra hour to make up for the cost of the outside vendor fee.
      Here's my pics and video...
      http://www.saranipho...g-at-sensatori/

2. We did a group excursion to Xcaret which is absolutely amazing. Make sure to stay for the night show. We used the excursion Kiosk near the exit at Sensatori.
      3. We stayed 5 extra days after our wedding and did not switch hotels .

Lastly, if your looking to rent decor or purchase party favors, stuff to put in welcome bags and so on. Everyone including me uses Katy. She lives in Playa del CARMEN and has great prices . Here's her Facebook link.
      https://www.facebook...veandlacedecor/
      Hope this helps.

@LRosario Thank you so much! Your photos are beautiful! You said they discounted you 4000? Do you mind if I ask what package you had and what the cost was? Trying to budget appropriately for photos! 

#19244 LRosario

LRosario
      • 62 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Riviera Maya, Mexico
      • LocationChicago

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

@kat5849

I'm so sorry! I meant $400. Jajaja.... our package came out to like $7,000. That was pictured and video for 8 hours.

RoMo2016

#19245 DestinationDelgado

DestinationDelgado
      • 8 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 26, 2017

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:49 AM

@kat5849 I'm also a May, 2017 bride!

I'm flying my phorographer down with me.. it is a much cheaper option for me and it makes me comfortable to know I'll be getting quality photos :) the resort waives the vendor fee if they stay for three nights.

My FH and I are staying 7 nights at the resort - 3 nights after the wedding for our honeymoon.

I've been to Riviera Maya several times and highly recommend the Mayan ruins in Tulum as an excursion! Also loved Xcaret.

#19246 JasminMattPhoto

JasminMattPhoto
      • Insiders
      • 113 posts
        • LocationPlaya del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:17 AM

@kat5849 we might as well plug ourselves. check out our website at http://www.jasminandmatt.com

OH and just to clarify, the resort doesn't waive the outside vendor fee if your photographer is a guest. They AREN'T allowed to charge it. We've stayed at resorts for the minimum 2 night stay because it ended up being cheaper than the outside vendor fee. This was at Barcelo though and not Azul.

*edit* the reason we wanted to clarify this ^^^ is because we truly feel that a lot of the times certain resorts take advantage of their clients, whether it be brides or just standard guests. We've NEVER had a bad experience at any of the Azul resorts. They are beautiful hotels and the staff are incredible but some of their policies are "unfavorable" in our opinion. 

Edited by JasminMattPhoto, 28 October 2016 - 05:24 AM.

Jasmin & Matt - Breathtaking Destination Wedding & Lifestyle Photography

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rating on Facebook & BestDestinationWedding.com

Still not convinced? Read our testimonials of appreciation from previous couples <3

Email: info@jasminandmatt.com
        Phone: +52-1-984-114-3386
        Facebook: Jasmin & Matt Photography
        Instagram: @jasminandmattphotography
        Pinterest: Jasmin & Matt

Ask us how we can help you plan your perfect wedding day.

#19247 Sweetness14

Sweetness14
        • 48 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:08 AM

@kat5849 The resort is very nice. I visited last October before booking and it is very kid friendly if you plan to have children at your wedding. That was the main reason I chose this resort out of the others. The one downside to the resort is that the beach is very small and is rocky at some parts. My wedding is in May 2017 as well and i am in the process of figuring out decor which many of the ladies have suggested using Katy from Love and Lace

#19248 kat5849

kat5849
          • 3 posts
            • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

@JasminMattPhoto

Thank you! I dont mind your plug at all I love to know photographers personal experiences with the hotel as obviously I dont want to run into any problems! I have added you to my research list :) My sister in law is a wedding photographer here so she is going to be my "artistic eyes" as Im kind of clueless! I appreciate your input! 

@LRosario $400 makes way more sense! Thank you! 

@Sweetness14 Thank you! Yes we will have some kids. I have heard about the beach but sadly my options were quite limited. I have celiac disease as does about half my family among other allergies to we very much wanted to pick a resort that would be safe for us to eat at, which is quite the challenge! Do you mind if I ask how long you have been planning? We just landed on may 2017 this week as the fiances dads health isnt great and we did not want to risk waiting till 2018. Hoping I can pull it all together in 7 months! 

#19249 JasminMattPhoto

JasminMattPhoto
            • Insiders
            • 113 posts
              • LocationPlaya del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

@JasminMattPhoto

Thank you! I dont mind your plug at all I love to know photographers personal experiences with the hotel as obviously I dont want to run into any problems! I have added you to my research list :) My sister in law is a wedding photographer here so she is going to be my "artistic eyes" as Im kind of clueless! I appreciate your input! 

@LRosario $400 makes way more sense! Thank you! 

@Sweetness14 Thank you! Yes we will have some kids. I have heard about the beach but sadly my options were quite limited. I have celiac disease as does about half my family among other allergies to we very much wanted to pick a resort that would be safe for us to eat at, which is quite the challenge! Do you mind if I ask how long you have been planning? We just landed on may 2017 this week as the fiances dads health isnt great and we did not want to risk waiting till 2018. Hoping I can pull it all together in 7 months! 

Glad to hear it!! We're happy to help in any way we can. Feel free to email us any questions you have as well <3

Jasmin & Matt - Breathtaking Destination Wedding & Lifestyle Photography

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rating on Facebook & BestDestinationWedding.com

Still not convinced? Read our testimonials of appreciation from previous couples <3

Email: info@jasminandmatt.com
              Phone: +52-1-984-114-3386
              Facebook: Jasmin & Matt Photography
              Instagram: @jasminandmattphotography
              Pinterest: Jasmin & Matt

Ask us how we can help you plan your perfect wedding day.

#19250 Sweetness14

Sweetness14
              • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:28 PM

@sarahjayne07 I just received the email regarding the outside vendors. They didn't mention Love and Lace or any Florists by name but it's obvious who they are talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users