Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#19141 amyzig2

amyzig2
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:53 AM

As I mention I just got back and have so many wonderful memories! It went by so quick.

Just a few below:
    We are from Pittsburgh PA. And while we were there the Penguins (NHL) were in the Stanley cup finals. The only place it was playing was Beeezes, the Teen club. All 40 of us took it over !! We ordered room service and LOTS of beer. The wait staff worked hard and were tipped well ha. It was a very cool experience to watch them win while in Mexico!!

Through our package we had 2 extra cocktail parties. The first welcome party was at the yoga place ( I forget the name). FANTASTIC!! Shade, ocean breeze, perfect
    The staff even had us do a tequila tasting! I didn't plan it but a great surprise! They do want you to buy a bottle at the end but worth it !

The appetizers at these little parties are great. Honestly I thought these would be a waste of time but the cocktail parties were a lot of fun!

We booked a yacht cruise with H2oh sun cruise And OMG. WHAT A FUN TIME!! if you are questioning if it's worth the $$ --it is! We had about 40-50 ppl on there and it was awesome! All the guests raved about it. The only negative is that we ran out of some food. But some of my guests are big eaters so it's understandable.

The spa was great! They want you to experience it all -so plan that into your time. If you just want a massage tell them that. Otherwise you will be in. The whirlpool and sauna and... And if you don't plan on a 3 hour adventure it apparently can be "not relaxing". Personally I would love it. But a few of my guests saw it as a negative
    And as I mentioned I was a bit shocked with the high charge to remove gel polish. But ...oh well

It rained on our wedding day. We were able to get the ceremony and pictures in. And even a rainbow in the background.
    Heads up the pier is falling apart and technically no one is allowed on it. I really wanted the pics so we still went on... About 20 min later we got kicked off. Ha

Bc we planned for reception at Zavas plaza outdoors and then it stormed we had to move inside. The wedding staff, especially Ingrid, we're so amazing. Running around and moving all of the decor from outside to inside! We lost about an hour of reception time. But the guests just went to the Zocolo bar and drank. Indoor wasn't what I pictured but the AC was heavenly. Ha

We had moments that matter photography! These guys were on their game. We had so much fun with them. I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!

....more to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19142 Berg999

Berg999
    • 20 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:24 AM

Amyzig2 How was the BBQ buffet?!? I have been dying to know! good, bad, and all the details in between! Did you do a cake from them too if so what flavor(s)??

I probably will have a ton more questions about the d├ęcor and the reception and ceremony stuff...we all love the details!

Edited by Berg999, 19 June 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#19143 amyzig2

amyzig2
      • 71 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:14 AM

We had the bbq and everything me agreed it was the best food all week. I went back for a 3rd helping of the flank steak. Yes, I said 3. Haha

We did a 2 tier cake which Ron and I tasted during the cake cutting. But all the guests said the next day that they didn't pass out??? Maybe bc ppl were up dancing? Be sure to request a piece at everyone's table even if no one is currently at the table. I didn't try any of the desserts on the buffet menu. So I can't comment on those.

Sorry hit the button too soon. We had vanilla rum. I thought it was very good but the fondant was too that no for my liking.

I ordered stuff from Katy and OMG she is awesome. Easy to work with. Her assistant Vero actually dropped and picked up and she was awesome. Hugged me and truly could tell it was genuine Can't recommend her enough. Thanks to all previous brides for the tip on that
        The ceremony went by in a blur. We got married on the beach. The ramp down can be a little slippery when it gets wet or sandy. So heads up there. Not bad but they may need the railing

We had a symbolic ceremony and the minister was very nice. She spoke very good English ( I admit I was concerned)
        It was about 15 min. With our own vows and our own readings

#19144 amyzig2

amyzig2
        • 71 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:32 PM

One thing I will mention with the rain. I didn't realize but if you look at the weather the morning of the wedding and decide to have it outdoors....and then it rains... If the DJ is set up already -they send your group to a restaurant and try to get you as together as they can. But the DJ goes home. No refund. LUCKILY for us the DJ didn't set up yet. At that point I was just kinda like "whatever it will all work out ". You cant control the weather. And to be honest it probably worked out better in the AC. I think there was a lot more dancing that way. They called for 50% chance of rain but 71% humidity for our ceremony time (3pm). And about 4pm the storm came in and lasted awhile

#19145 amyzig2

amyzig2
          • 71 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

Sorry for all the posts. Here are some pictures of it helps the visual of the beach ceremony. The ramp coming down, then walking out straight along the wall. Then turning down the wooden walkway to the groom. also the very basic decor inside after we moved it. But it worked. Also added pics of the yacht cruise !!
            3ad4c26f913456965713f10de362d6df.jpg728aafdd759d3b3e7c8a7b092a129152.jpg547f6d897d04bb4fd77166194bbe4eef.jpgd721ccf2b12adf6b72fbbd90d84c8236.jpg4ad838d41eeb689864083fa0a81cbf78.jpgd59610261399a1d4048129be5170804b.jpg607fd2290738061eab1db08a7e9e095f.jpg7528b9057f1ebbd76b7ed366bded20e9.jpg0f1f68bd9b6018d9a99253e5c5ab6f4b.jpg

Edited by amyzig2, 19 June 2016 - 05:43 PM.

#19146 jmp403

jmp403
            • 38 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 16, 2016
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
            • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:50 AM

Did any of you use something other than numbers for your tables such as names of beaches, Mexican cities, Mexican drinks, etc? If so, what theme did you have and what names did you use? Thanks!

#19147 Jennypert

Jennypert
            • Site Supporter
            • 225 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
            • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:42 PM

One thing I will mention with the rain. I didn't realize but if you look at the weather the morning of the wedding and decide to have it outdoors....and then it rains... If the DJ is set up already -they send your group to a restaurant and try to get you as together as they can. But the DJ goes home. No refund. LUCKILY for us the DJ didn't set up yet. At that point I was just kinda like "whatever it will all work out ". You cant control the weather. And to be honest it probably worked out better in the AC. I think there was a lot more dancing that way. They called for 50% chance of rain but 71% humidity for our ceremony time (3pm). And about 4pm the storm came in and lasted awhile

It was raining in the morning of my wedding and we decided to move the reception indoors to the large ballroom instead of Plaza Zavos. It was the best decision ever! They were able to move all of my decorations and, while not as nice as the Plaza, my guests were very, very happy with the AC. Glad your's worked out also. Congratulations!

Edited by Jennypert, 20 June 2016 - 12:43 PM.

#19148 Violetasi30

Violetasi30
            • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

Hey ladies, is anyone here for the weekend.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
              I'm here at Azul and it's beautiful!

The wedding coordinator Gabby was great and so patient!

#19149 LRosario

LRosario
              • 61 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
              • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Riviera Maya, Mexico
              • LocationChicago

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

We're in Cancun at another hotel but arrive at Azul Sensatori tomorrow. We get married this Saturday the 25th. So excited! #RoMoFiesta2016

RoMo2016

#19150 Violetasi30

Violetasi30
              • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:23 PM

Aww, ok!!

Have fun!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users