Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

@@amyzig2

I just got back from my wedding there. I know that I was very concerned about hair and makeup and all being done on time but I have to say I was very impressed by the spa staff.  There were 6 of us and we were all in and out in 2 hours. The hair and makeup was awesome and we were all in the same room together. They brought champagne and snacks and were very attentive. We did pay a lot for this service but I feel it was worth it.  I will post a full review and pics soon. :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone. So my husband Adeit and I got married at Azul Sensatori on Nov 26. Here is a little review I hope you find helpful. 

We arrived late on Sunday. Everyone was checking in (with welcome drinks) and we had our own personal concierge check us in. We met one of the wedding coordinators and she gave us our appointment for 9am the next morning. We went to get some food at SPOON which was awesome and then hit up the mojito bar….also awesome.  We went to the mojito bar often late night. Drinks were great but they did often run out of all the flavors. I didn’t mind at all, still lots to choose from and the guys behind the bar work so hard. My favorite was watermelon and grapefruit.

We went to our appointment the next morning. Our main coordinator was not there (Janet) but we had some other lovely ladies go over everything with us.  Unfortunately I don’t remember their names. They were very helpful and accommodating. They let us know that Adeit could pick up a key for his ‘grooms room’ the day before and got some swatch samples for runners for me to choose from. They let me know how to get my dress steamed and went over all other details.

In the 3 days before the wedding we just hung out with our guests. We did have a welcome dinner at SPOON on night 2. This was wonderful. We had many staff waiting on us. Welcome champagne and very prompt service. We were very impressed by how polite and hard working all the staff was. Everyone raved about the food as well, especially the steak. I heard the steak was amazing everywhere.

Day of the wedding we had to decide about venue. We were supposed to be on the beach for ceremony and cocktails
and plaza zavaz for reception. The morning of it was sooo windy so I opted to have the ceremony on the rooftop garden, which was very nice. We still had the cocktail hour at palapa yoga. Although there was 0% chance of rain in the morning that percentage was creeping up throughout the day and so due to that at the wind I opted to have our reception in the ballroom.  I still wish I could have had it outside as the ballroom was way too big for our party (32 ppl) but in the end it saved me from worrying about the weather. They still did a good job of setting it up and incorporating all my décor, although it was somewhat lost in such a big space…oh well.

My 5 bridesmaids and I all got our hair and makeup done in the spa salon at 12 and we done my 2pm. We were all very impressed with the makeup and hair….both stayed all night. They brought us champagne and we were very comfortable. We then went back to my room, took a few pics along the way. We had another bottle of champagne in
the room waiting for us. My step mom took some more pics and then the girls helped me into my dress (they sent someone from the wedding department to help with this too but we were fine). The photographer, Havier (Caribe) showed up right at 3 and did a great job of directing the pre ceremony shots.  While this was happening, Janet called to ask if we needed anything and I asked for some scissors and some fruit, chips and guacamole. All were promptly delivered.

My dad came, we got a few more good shots and then off we went. Before the ceremony they had asked us for 1 playlist with 4 songs. 1-mb gm walk, 2-my isle song, 3-signing (symbolic) song, 4-exit song. The wedding department was there to help us make sure the timing was right. My dad and I were waiting at the bottom of the stairs to come up and walk down the aisle and Berenice was waiting with us to coordinate this. Ceremony was great! I forgot my vows (I did have them memorized, because I was so emotional.  Good thing my MOH had them in her bra….I recommend this J

We left…pictures, pictures, pictures.  The beach was very windy but we still got a few shots there. Then we went to our cocktail party. We missed most of the food by then but the food I did have was great (Italian appies). We had a full bar and everyone seemed happy.

We then went to reception in the ballroom. The coordinators timed an entrance and song for us. They had a welcome drink ready for everyone. We all settled and the speeches and food right away. The food was amazing, drinks were flowing and there was lots of dancing.  I don’t remember what time it was the Havier left but I believe he stayed late to get pics of our speeches which I am so grateful for.

When we got back to the room we had rose petals, roses and a Jacuzzi bath drawn for us. Of course we fell right into bed. Breakfast delivered at 9am the next morning….it was really good.  We had massages at 11 at the SKY massage. It was VERY windy and therefore kind of distracting (I was still blissed out cuz it was my honeymoon and I was in paradise) but I do suggest sticking to the spa if there is wind. Later on we had our candlelight dinner….a highlight for sure.

We picked up our pics the day after and the link for our photobook was sent exactly one week after that. I have already picked all the ones I want and we should have it in the next 6 weeks.

All in all I was very happy with Azul Sensatori. Especially Berenice Hernadez and her team in the wedding department. Although there was a wedding almost every day we were there I still felt special every time I walking into the office. They remembered me and I was always greeting with great big smiles and lots of assurance. My only ‘complaint’ (not even) is that I wish I could have picked a smaller indoor location for my reception but that is it.

I know some criticism may have been helpful but I honestly have none. I think we all made a good choice picking this resort and we will definitely come back (adults only next time) when we can.
Thanks so much for all the information and support I got through this site and good luck to all you ladies still awaiting your big day. Enjoy!!  

post-281425-0-50689200-1449270240_thumb.jpgpost-281425-0-04853700-1449270269_thumb.jpg

my other pics aren't uploading. I will try to get the ones up with reception decor and hair and stuff...

post-281425-0-29689400-1449270481_thumb.jpg

post-281425-0-31057300-1449270505_thumb.jpg

post-281425-0-68232200-1449270526_thumb.jpg

post-281425-0-54386300-1449270573_thumb.jpg

post-281425-0-27833700-1449270604_thumb.jpg

there we go!!

PS: one little thing I forgot to mention....there are xmas decorations up right now.  This doesn't really matter on the beach but in the rooftop garden, where we had our ceremony there are silver and blue xmas trees and decor in some of the pics which I didn't like. Just be warned if you don't want christmas themed wedding photos haha.

• Like 3

Hey friends!

I suck. I took forever to write my review and it isn't even that awesome or detailed. However, I did post it on to trip advisor so I thought I would forward it over to you all. If you have specific questions, feel free to reach out!

We hosted our destination wedding on October 3rd, 2015 at Azul Sensatori Mexico. We had an amazing experience! It seems a lot of similar feedback is posted on other reviews so I will be concise.

Employees to mention that went above and beyond in their service to all of the guests from the Vargas-Ramírez wedding would be Fernando at check in, all of the staff at Mojito Lounge, all of the staff at room service during those late nights, all of the restaurant staff who helped us out especially for our rehearsal dinner/wedding reception, Berenice Hernandez & Laura Jimenez at the wedding department, and Imadelia at the salon. To be fair, all of the employees except for two employees (one from Tapaz restaurant and the other person at front desk as we were checking out) were very pleasant and accommodating.

The food is fresh, delicious, and is of high quality. The best dining experience was at Zocalo restaurant for its ambiance and cuisine. The most disappointing dining experience was Tapaz mainly due to service.

The rooms are extremely spacious and for the most part, very modern. The views were outstanding. The only complaint about the rooms were the sinks. They were very high and that doesn't come across convenient for a short person like me. We were booked in a premium room and the extra amenities are a beautiful touch. The private check in was very nice to experience.

The beach isn't the best that I've seen. For majority of the trip, the water did not have so much seaweed as many other posts have stated. However, on our final day at the resort, the water was not clear at all and it felt strange to swim in the ocean.

The pools are gorgeous! Absolutely no complaints. If I didn't have so much to do for the wedding, I would have stayed in the pool during the entire trip!

The wedding department did an EXCELLENT job executing what I had envisioned for my wedding. The staff was on time and very professional during the entire event. The outside vendors (Mega DJ and the 9 piece mariachi band) were fantastic! We had a lot of pleasant feedback from our guests about the wedding so we are happy the wedding department made that happen. As the bride and groom, we felt that the wedding department helped make the trip worthwhile for our guests. That was so important for us! Thanks again to Berenice, Laura from Azul Weddings. Another thank you to Ingrid and Ximal (I'm pretty sure I spelled that incorrectly) from Lomas Travel. :-)

The service at Azul Sensatori was outstanding. I feel comfortable recommending the Karisma resorts to my family and friends. The majority of my wedding group was very happy with their resort stay and I would certainly continue to travel to the Karisma properties! I have now stayed at all Azul resorts and I'm still very impressed each time I travel. Continue the amazing work!

Thank you for making our destination wedding the best experience possible!

Alison & Edwin Ramírez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-277819-144939916945_thumb.jpg Ballroom with drapery and lights.

post-277819-144939939116_thumb.jpg one of our professional photographer photos.

Just realized I could send this to you all: http://tobiaslopezphotography.pixieset.com/guestlogin/alisonandedwin/

Password: ramirez

:-) ask any questions you like!

Just realized I could send this to you all: http://tobiaslopezphotography.pixieset.com/guestlogin/alisonandedwin/

Password: ramirez

:-) ask any questions you like!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Allison, 

Thank you for sharing your album. BEAUTIFUL pictures!! I'm so torn w/ Azul. I've never been to the Riviera Maya and I'm so afraid to have my wedding on the beach and NOT love the beach. I was in Cancun in the beginning of October and loved our beach but our resort was too pricey for all -inclusive. 

My wedding is in June 2016 and I'm starting to wonder what I might be forgetting to plan for. I admittedly have been focused on OOT bags and now that the holidays are winding down these next few months are going to go fast! I'm getting nervous I am forgetting something. Can any past brides help to see if I am missing anything. Thanks!!!

-Sheers for beach gazebo

-decorations for reception (did you do card box? I don't want gifts but not sure etiquette here)

-do I need decor for rehearsal?

-do I need decor for "free" happy hours?

-OOT bags

-guests airport transfers

-bm flowers

-My flowers

-flower girl sign

-guys flower

-invitations

-dresses shoes and jewelry

-program/fan

-dj

-photographer

Do I need a runner/wooden plank thing for an aisle in the sand?

Did anyone do any different seating arrangements in the beach? Semi-circle style?

Thanks so much ladies!!!

Happy new year!!

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm new to this so still trying to suss it out.

We have pretty much decided on the azul Sensatori hotel for our wedding. Not quite booked yet, as j wanted to fully do my research before hand. As I have been researching I have since found out of the so many extras that come with it all

Firstly we are having a very private intimate wedding, about 11 of us in total. All staying at the Sensatori. So we were trying to weigh up what's the most important things....

So as I have gathered we can't bring our own things for the wedding, if we do, there is a fee?

I also can't use my ceremony decorations for my reception dinner?? Like the flowers, chair bows, linen etc?

Is there anyone on here that also had a small wedding, if so what did you do after the wedding? I'm just trying to get the timing all straight and what the plan of action would be.

Is there any reviews of the resort photography companies?? Also what packages did everyone yet?

I'm also very very nervous about the beach at the Sensatori, yes I'm terrible and have been searching trip advisor from head to toe and have come across numerous reviews about the beach not being as lovely as Mexican carribean beaches should be, for example full of sea weed, churned up

Looking, full of rocks...have you all heard this too?? Obviously with having a beach wedding I want it to look pretty and the views to take our breathe away. We are hoping to get married in April 2017, anyone know of this would be a good month for the weather/rainfall?

Hair and make up costs?? And do you show them pictures what you'd like? Is the name up the style you asked for? Would very much appreciate anyone that could help out with my questions xx

Do I need a runner/wooden plank thing for an aisle in the sand?

Amy- they supply the wooden plank aisle in the sand as part of the wedding package (no extra fee). If you want a runner/fabric on it, you would need to supply or rent that.

This is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm new to this so still trying to suss it out.

We have pretty much decided on the azul Sensatori hotel for our wedding. Not quite booked yet, as j wanted to fully do my research before hand. As I have been researching I have since found out of the so many extras that come with it all

Firstly we are having a very private intimate wedding, about 11 of us in total. All staying at the Sensatori. So we were trying to weigh up what's the most important things....

So as I have gathered we can't bring our own things for the wedding, if we do, there is a fee?

I also can't use my ceremony decorations for my reception dinner?? Like the flowers, chair bows, linen etc?

Is there anyone on here that also had a small wedding, if so what did you do after the wedding? I'm just trying to get the timing all straight and what the plan of action would be.

Is there any reviews of the resort photography companies?? Also what packages did everyone yet?

I'm also very very nervous about the beach at the Sensatori, yes I'm terrible and have been searching trip advisor from head to toe and have come across numerous reviews about the beach not being as lovely as Mexican carribean beaches should be, for example full of sea weed, churned up

Looking, full of rocks...have you all heard this too?? Obviously with having a beach wedding I want it to look pretty and the views to take our breathe away. We are hoping to get married in April 2017, anyone know of this would be a good month for the weather/rainfall?

Hair and make up costs?? And do you show them pictures what you'd like? Is the name up the style you asked for? Would very much appreciate anyone that could help out with my questions xx

Not sure I will cover all your questions, but we'll try: first off please read the Official Sensatori thread, there is a lot of great information/help there: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/72018-official-azul-sensatori-thread/

- you can bring your own decorations to the resort, but will have to pay a CASH set-up fee directly to the wedding coordinators on site. This fee usually ranges from $75-150US (depending on how many guests and the amount of decor)

- you can use the SAME flowers at both the ceremony and reception. BUT you MUST specify this to the wedding coordinators

- they will NOT allow you to use the same chair covers/bows at the ceremony and reception. If you are doing a private dinner, the white chair covers are INCLUDED.

- after dinner, many people, with both large and small weddings will go up to the Mojioto lounge for dancing and live music.

-photography- please see the Official thread

- beach. The beach is quite narrow, but the sand is nice and in the last few years they have been adding new sand. So the beach itself for the wedding and photos is lovely. Going into the water, the ground is rocky and coral based....it's a dead coral reef which got push up years ago during a hurricane. (it's not their fault) And yes, there is some seaweed on occasion...please remember it is an ocean. The resort staff clean up the beach each morning, and just before a wedding to ensure it looks pristine.

-spa prices (I am not sure currently, I got married there 5 years ago), but the staff is very professional and as long as you bring pictures to show what you want, everyone seems pleased with their results. They will redo it, until you are happy! I would likely suggest more of an updo, since it can be windy.

- April should be lovely weather http://www.holiday-weather.com/cancun/averages/april

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Thank you ever so much for the information. I just wished Sensatori did more of a package so everything wasn't as separate!!

Completely understand about the ocean but if we can find a nicer beach and just as nice hotel that would obviously be lovely. Just doing my research which I'm pretty sick of at the moment lol takes over your life a little doesn't it.