Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

@@Janjin congrats on getting the room block and the save the dates. It's so exciting to see guest make their reservations, makes it more real

I have all my ideas written down to test out down at the March BdR as well and making all my decisions when I gt back.

I am using Samuel luna for photography and DJ all music.

@@BecomingaRiggio who did you order from for the silk center pieces. I ordered some samples from bloom bridal. I'm thinking of using them for the aisle since lomas charges $110 for the aisle.

I wanted to share my experience in regards to the set up fees for decorations you are bringing to the Azul Sensatori. 

I was charged $350 in total for my set up.  A few days before the wedding you meet with the wedding coordinators. They go over ALL THE DETAILS. Like everything. I should have printed out what I wanted so they could go over it but they took many notes and everything ended up perfect/better than I thought!  Once you go over all the details with the wedding coordinators, ie, where you are putting what, how you want your tables to look, etc, they will give you the cost for set up and it must be paid in cash. I read on this blog the most anyone has ever paid for set up was $250. I must have had a lot more decorations than other brides!!!

@@rebepax. How far in advance can you have the meeting or can you have more than one? I am having a welcome party on Wednesday and have s few things set up for that. Also I know my future mother in law has a few things that might need a set up. Are these things I should ask when I am down there for the BdR?

@BecomingaRiggio 

I love your flowers! Can you tell me where you purchased them? I'm looking for flowers for my bouquet and for my bridesmaids. Thank you!

What are you ladies doing for hair and makeup? I have heard good things about the salon at the resort. I found someone that I could have come to the room but that would be an $800 vendor fee and I don't think there is a way around it. 

I am just came across this thing called hashtag wall to that can streamed at your wedding which I am considering using this is the website http://www.weddinghashtagwall.com/

I have been playing with different hashtags to use at our wedding but I just thought about if our guest would be able to use their internet on the phone since its in Mexico and they could be charged for using Internet. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Has anybody used the hashtag down in Mexico and were guests able to upload down there. Let me know your thoughts.

Carrie

Hi all,

I know that its not kosher to talk about budgets. I just sat and did an excel spreadsheet of where we are and whats left to pay for. I am over by 8K. I want to vomit. How can this have happened? Im not extravagant. Was i realistic in thinking i could do a wedding for 10k? Thoughts please..im dying

@@linaco80. I will probably take my own vases. I always find great deals at hobby lobby and michaels. My airfare includes 3 pieces of luggage

@@Ydolem. That centerpiece w the crystals is beautiful! Thats what Lomas wants to charge $50 each? Grrrr

Yup I just loved the candle&crystal centerpiece, but yes they are $50!

@@AllieH thanks for the link, I was missing this 

@@BecomingaRiggio @@Ydolem Thank you girls!. Bringing vases might be a pain you know where LOL I am scared to break them but I am not discarding that either, I am working with Katy too but  I really need to clear my mind with what I want because I am confused...too  many options and we are far from the destination to really get what we want. I will do a sample of my vase idea and take it from there, if this does not work I will just go simpler and avoid stress.

The good thing about having your wedding in such a beautiful location is that things will look lovely-whatever you decide to do!

@@Ydolem I love all of Katy's stuff! I am working with her as well. Her prices can't be beat especially seeing how much Lomas charges

Agreed! I've gotten so much useful info from this forum!

@@rebepax thank you so much for the set up fee info. That seem like a LOT for a set up fee, but considering how much decor you would get from Lomas for that (not much) I'm sure it was money well spend.

P.S. You look SOOOO gorgeous in your wedding photo!

@@lauralc I'm getting my hair and makeup done at the spa on site, and crossing my fingers it turns out well!

@@carrieandsam Wifi is extra unless your guests are staying in the premium section, although we get free access to wifi with our "Always and Forever" package. We found the wifi pretty crummy, it dropped out often and was pretty slow.

I like the idea of a wedding hashtag-I think we may do one anyways and just see how it goes.

@@BecomingaRiggio I feel your pain with the budget! I just paid my final bill, and the Canadian dollar WAY down so our wedding ended up being 20% more than we expected.  :(

@@Ydolem thank you so much!  You will love the Azul and celebrating your special day! I want to do it all over again!!!!

@@carrieandsam Yes... We checked into the Azul on Monday and had our big meeting on Tuesday. The wedding was Friday. Our rehearsal party was on Thursday. The wedding coordinators onsite will set up the meeting when you arrive. However, I popped into their office every day and checked up with them for any updates. For example, I wanted to have my rehearsal dinner al fresco at the Zocalo. There were some really bad storms and the roof needed repaired so we had to move the dinner indoors at Zocalo. And some people from my wedding party brought decorations when they arrived on Wednesday so I dropped off the decor and explained the set up. They nailed everything!

• Like 1

@@rebepax that's great to hear they really worked with Very encouraging.

I have all my locations for wedding events set except the rehearsal dinner. My Fiancés patents want everyone there so I need to figure a spot that could upwards to 80ppke. Can Zocalo hold that many? Other spot I'm thinking is beach building #3. Any suggestions.

I have all my locations for wedding events set except the rehearsal dinner. My Fiancés patents want everyone there so I need to figure a spot that could upwards to 80ppke. Can Zocalo hold that many? Other spot I'm thinking is beach building #3. Any suggestions.

We are having ours at Spoon, but they are charging us $25 per person for everyone over 40 guests except for infants. I think Zocaloco could hold that many people if you can get your WC to agree to it!