19262 replies to this topic

#18311 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

@LaurenR see my attachment for Azul Sensatori, however I am NOT using their services.

@Janjin I would block the minimum..10 rooms and add as you see people going..I started like that and I increased it.
@IvanLuckiePhotography OMG!! I heard something similar :(

Wow I wish my resort's spa was that cheap!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#18312 BecomingaRiggio

BecomingaRiggio
  • 134 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:23 PM

@Janjin.
My biggest stressor has been the room situation. We initially booked 21 rooms. We booked when there was a promotion and at 21 + rooms, you would qualify for an extra cocktail hr. People were really slow to book and some showed no interest at all. All of a sudden we have 40 rooms booked! I would do 21 and then keep adding. Its easier to release rooms by your cut off date.

#18313 linaco80

linaco80
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:31 PM

My contract allows me to drop 25% rooms in the agreement ... Not sure if that's the same for everyone.

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/
    event.png
    [/url]

#18314 Janjin

Janjin
    • 94 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

Thanks ladies.  So per my travel agent there is $100 deposit for each room, which is fine - did you guys have the same.  But when you guys increased did you have to pay the $100 per room for the additional rooms?  I just emailed my agent but figured I'd ask here too.  My friend who got married at the Hard Rock in DR this summer said she didn't have to do the deposit for the additional rooms.  Just trying to gauge what my initial payout is going to look like.

How many guests are guys inviting/expecting?  We currently have about 105 on the guest list including kids but are expecting about 50 - 60.

@linaco80 - my agent told me the same thing.  So I want to be careful how many rooms I block.

Daisy

Can't wait to marry my best friend   :).

Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...tori/?p=1902797

#18315 linaco80

linaco80
    • 264 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

I had $200 per room (deposit) we invited 95 and expected 40-50
      We started with 10 rooms and we are on 18 now. The deposit you make will end up added to your bill once the rooms get filled or you drop them ... Ask what's the % of rooms you are allowed to drop. We just started small because you never know... People say "yes" and life turns into different situations

Also this hotel is goes by rooms booked. Other resorts like Palace Resorts / hard rock go by rooms per night which is much better, and that's how they give you perks

Check my planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...-planning-tips/
      event.png
      [/url]

#18316 BecomingaRiggio

BecomingaRiggio
      • 134 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
      • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

Mine was $100 per room to create the room block. But guests were $100 per person to book their rooms. My TA is giving guests the option of doing monthly payments as well. I did not have to shell out money for rhe additional rooms. And i am not sure how, but i qualified for another promotion and got the honwymoon suite for $2300 total for 7 days..

#18317 SusanMarie813

SusanMarie813
      • 195 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

Can anyone tell me the options for the reception space. I see most people get take the space by the pool area. Which is beautiful. I'm still trying to decide between Sensatori and Beach my dilemma I have a toddler and he loves the water. I'm terrified he will run into the pool. All it takes is one second. Maybe I'm overthinking. But thinking of others with kids too.
        I know the options at beach curious of the other options at sensatori. Thanks for the help

Gian-Luigi & Susan September 13, 2015 Finest Resort http://www.finestres...CFQeUfgodpEAA-A

#18318 kmk2016

kmk2016
        • Moderators
        • 1,468 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

Can anyone tell me the options for the reception space. I see most people get take the space by the pool area. Which is beautiful. I'm still trying to decide between Sensatori and Beach my dilemma I have a toddler and he loves the water. I'm terrified he will run into the pool. All it takes is one second. Maybe I'm overthinking. But thinking of others with kids too.
        I know the options at beach curious of the other options at sensatori. Thanks for the help

There are several locations... All are available to look at at the official Sensatori thread.

Plaza Zavas (the poolside location you mention), the beach or the banquet room off the main lobby are the usual locations for receptions. Depending on the size of your group you can also use restaurant locations.

#18319 mrsgordoncomeondown

mrsgordoncomeondown
        • 27 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Riviera Maya Mexico
        • Locationrocky mountain house alberta

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

Just wondering if anyone is or has used a silk flower bouquet ? I know with the always and forever package your bridal bouquet is included , but I really want peonies and that bouquet is 300 dollars ! So I started looking on etsy and you can buy a peony bouquet of silk flowers for 150 dollars, than at least they'll last forever ... but is that tacky ?? Any thoughts on this ??

#18320 kmk2016

kmk2016
        • Moderators
        • 1,468 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

Just wondering if anyone is or has used a silk flower bouquet ? I know with the always and forever package your bridal bouquet is included , but I really want peonies and that bouquet is 300 dollars ! So I started looking on etsy and you can buy a peony bouquet of silk flowers for 150 dollars, than at least they'll last forever ... but is that tacky ?? Any thoughts on this ??

Lots of brides being down silk or real touch bouquets! I think it's a great idea... And in the Mexican heat your flowers will look pretty all day!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users