#17831 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Chocolate, strawberry and champagne were all delicious...red velvet was also delicious and although it wasn't there to try- I have heard the dulce leche is also yummy. Cupcakes were so dry you couldn't eat them and the gluten free options were brutal. They all have a cream layer in the cakes and those were good (strawberry for example seemed like a vanilla cake but with strawberry cream between the layers.) the fondant was... Well fondant Hahahaha but it peels off easy. Butter cream doesn't hold it's shape well in heat and they don't recommend it for cakes there.

#17832 Aliyedwinramirez

Aliyedwinramirez
  • 81 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 3, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hello brides!

Does any one happen to know if there is a Tres Leches cake that I can order from Azul? I've asked this question with 4 follow ups since July 7th and still no definite answer.

Alison

#17833 ElbertM

ElbertM
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

June 11, 2014 @ Azul Beach 

#17834 Tiffany Fox

Tiffany Fox
    • 46 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

That trailer was AWESOME!!!!!!!

#17835 kmk2016

kmk2016
      • Moderators
      • 1,468 posts
      • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Hello brides!

Does any one happen to know if there is a Tres Leches cake that I can order from Azul? I've asked this question with 4 follow ups since July 7th and still no definite answer.

Alison

Yes. It is listed as a cake flavour in the banquet kit and you can order it. It is decorated just like all the other flavors and is simply an option. I haven't tried it but have heard it is moist and good.

#17836 Aliyedwinramirez

Aliyedwinramirez
      • 81 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 3, 2015
      • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

That's good because my understanding is that dulce de leche is different then tres leches. Hopefully it's the same as what I'm taking about. We will see. I'm visiting in December so hopefully there's some clarification there :-) thanks for responding @kmk2016

Alison

#17837 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
      • 2,217 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
      • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

I had originally chosen dulce de leche, thinking that it would be a vanilla cake with real dulce de leche as a filling. It turns out that the cake itself is dulce de leche flavoured. Now, I come from the country of dulce de leche, and dulce de leche flavoured things are usually not very good so we changed our cake. I need to ask about tres leches, it is sooo good. I think there's a couple of places here in Calgary that sell it. I used to buy it at a mexican restaurant at Kingsland Farmers Market (now called the market on mcleod). i'm not sure if they're still there. 

@Aliyedwinramirez yes, they are different. Dulce de leche is a kind of like a jam, made out of milk and sugar or condensed milk. I'm not sure how they make tres leches cake but it's a really sweet and moist cake, not a filling. They taste very different but both are just as heavenly :)

event.png

#17838 kmk2016

kmk2016
      • Moderators
      • 1,468 posts
      • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

I'm an idiot... Sorry Alison! Dulce de leche is normally in a jar no? (Not a cake flavour)... In any event, it's the Tres Leches cake that they have NOT the caramel/dulce de leche.

Sorry for the confusion!!!

#17839 CharBec

CharBec
      • 8 posts
      • Wedding Date:May 28, 2015

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

Hi

I have recently booked my wedding at the Azul Sensatori for May 2015. Does anyone have photos of the private reception locations as I am getting confused. I was a private reception for about 50 people that is private (not overlooked) Also has anyone got pictures of the pure glamour wedding theme from the memorable moments package as I would love to see how it looks when its all set up 

#17840 kmk2016

kmk2016
      • Moderators
      • 1,468 posts
      • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Hi

I have recently booked my wedding at the Azul Sensatori for May 2015. Does anyone have photos of the private reception locations as I am getting confused. I was a private reception for about 50 people that is private (not overlooked) Also has anyone got pictures of the pure glamour wedding theme from the memorable moments package as I would love to see how it looks when its all set up

If you read this thread and the "official azul sensatori" thread you will be in good shape! Amazing amount of info in these thread pages!! Official sensatori thread will have pics of everything. Good luck' happy planning!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users