19262 replies to this topic

#17231 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

So....I am still trying to post all the photos, but having some issues. Try this link to see the photos in my gallery. http://www.bestdesti...nsatori-thread/

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#17232 BeachBrideToBe

BeachBrideToBe
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

So....I am still trying to post all the photos, but having some issues. Try this link to see the photos in my gallery. http://www.bestdesti...nsatori-thread/

Thanks for the photos!

#17233 Jennypert

Jennypert
    • Site Supporter
    • 225 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
    • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:27 AM

The pictures are awesome! Thank you for posting.

#17234 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

BestDestinationWedding.com & Wright Travel Agency are excited to present a wedding webinar for Azul Sensatori.

Gilberto Machain, an Inside Sale Associate and former Wedding Coordinator, will be a panelist and will give a presentation as well as be on hand for a Q & A session.

I will also be a panelist to answer your travel questions about rates, group blocks vs. individual packages, etc.

This is a great opportunity for current Karisma brides and grooms or those considering the venues for the wedding location to get your questions answered. 

Webinar Information and Signup: 

Azul Sensatori Wedding Webinar | Saturday, February 22, 2014 @ 9:00am PST

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#17235 Kingz85

Kingz85
    • 25 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
    • LocationCanada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Has anyone had the surf and turf as the main course? and was it good?

#17236 lolita2014

lolita2014
    • Site Supporter
    • 65 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 20, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mexico
    • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

I am having my reception in the Ocean Ballroom in June.  I had my WC send me photos and pricing for décor. String lights alone start at $800, Sheers $1,500-2,000 and sheers and lights $3,500. And there is an additional expense (I think $500) for a dance floor.  This way over our budget. 

I was already planning to bring table overlays and chair sashes but my WC said they can't quote me a set-up fee until I'm onsite.

Did anyone have or plan to have a ballroom reception? Has anyone seen the ballroom and can give suggestions on how we can save on décor?  Does anyone know what the average set up fee is?

Thanks,

Lola

Azul Sensatori Mexico

June 20, 2014

#17237 msuarez

msuarez
    • 21 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

lola-- i bought a bunch of icicle lights the day after christmas that were on super sale-- i plan on using them at zavaz plaza for my reception, which is the day after your wedding-- you are more than welcome to use them at your reception too-- i'll take a picture of the box when i get home and send it to you so you can decide if you want to use them or not.

#17238 Jennypert

Jennypert
    • Site Supporter
    • 225 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:46 AM

Hi Lola,

Murmel has posted pictures of Ocean Ballroom on her Gallery page. My reception is in Zavas Plaza and I am bringing most of the decorations also. My WC said they charge up to $5 per guest with the maximum being about $250. You can buy bolts of sheer organza fabric on Amazon for $20 and LED tea lights 60 for $40. Etsy has paper luminaries and silk flowers that are very reasonable and easy to pack. I agree the resort charges are crazy!

Jenny

#17239 lolita2014

lolita2014
    • Site Supporter
    • 65 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 20, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mexico
    • LocationGeorgia

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

Megan, Thank you for the offer. My WC responded that the set up fee for lights and/or sheers in the ballroom would be over $250.  I may not choose to go that route, but thanks again.  Also, I am planning to bring gold table overlays and chair sashes for the reception and fuschia chair sashes and white sheers for the ceremony.  If any these would be useful let me know, as I don't plan to take them back with me.

Jenny, Thanks for the info.  I did see Murmel's photos and they were helpful.  I'll look at some of your suggestions. It looks like we will keep it simple and just dress the tables and add centerpieces. My WC said that the  DJ (Mega DJ) does light up the dancefloor. 

I realize I'm fretting over décor because there are so many options and I'm being budget conscious.. I would love to throw caution to the wind and get one of the Memorable Moments packages, but my dear fiancé might leave me at the alter, LOL.

Once again, thanks for the help ladies.

Lola

Azul Sensatori Mexico

June 20, 2014

#17240 Jennypert

Jennypert
    • Site Supporter
    • 225 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Hi Lola,

Totally agree. I just can't afford the Memorable Moments packages. But, I priced out decorating the tables with paper luminary table numbers with LED tea lights and silk pomanders as the centerpiece, satin table runners, 4 small paper luminary tea lights plus some cute painted maracas as favors. For around $40-50/table, it will nice and for me, affordable. I've read about a lot of brides who bring most of their decorations so it is doable. Just keep looking and you will find many cheaper options.

Jenny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users