19262 replies to this topic

#17091 m8chow

m8chow
  • 255 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationMexico

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

LilPumpkin - I think you just sold me on the bbq based on your dessert pictures! hahaha  Thank you for sharing the pictures.  This really helps.

#17092 Lins1

Lins1
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

Hello ladies! For brides giving out welcome or oot bags, how many tablets of advil and pepcid ac did you give to each guest?

#17093 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
    • Site Supporter
    • 62 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lins1 

Hello ladies! For brides giving out welcome or oot bags, how many tablets of advil and pepcid ac did you give to each guest?

I gave 4 tablets of each (2 per packet) in the First Aid Bag. Then each room got one bag regardless if it was a single or double occupancy. The only exception I made to that was for families of 4 or more to a room. Then I gave First Aid Bags.

#17094 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
      • Site Supporter
      • 62 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jennypert View Post

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LilPumpkin View Post

Here is a picture of what the dessert portion of the BBQ buffet looked like. Of course I have do not have pictures of the actual buffet. Sorry.

<br />

And a picture of our 3 tier cake. All our guests liked both. Some people had 2nds on the cake.

<br />

I will tell you that both the cake and the desserts that come with the BBQ buffet were way too much for a party of 50ppl. I think a much smaller cake would have been better. It just all went to waste.

These are beautiful pictures!!! I'm so glad we chose the BBQ Deluxe. I ordered the smaller 3 tier cake (for 30-40 people) so I hope we won't have a lot leftover. Knowing my family, they'll pack up any leftovers and take it back to their rooms. LOL

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jennypert View Post

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LilPumpkin View Post

Here is a picture of what the dessert portion of the BBQ buffet looked like. Of course I have do not have pictures of the actual buffet. Sorry.

<br />

And a picture of our 3 tier cake. All our guests liked both. Some people had 2nds on the cake.

<br />

I will tell you that both the cake and the desserts that come with the BBQ buffet were way too much for a party of 50ppl. I think a much smaller cake would have been better. It just all went to waste.

These are beautiful pictures!!! I'm so glad we chose the BBQ Deluxe. I ordered the smaller 3 tier cake (for 30-40 people) so I hope we won't have a lot leftover. Knowing my family, they'll pack up any leftovers and take it back to their rooms. LOL

Jenny I did the same thing. The 30-40 ppl size and it was still way too big. I had a total of 54 ppl including Bride & Groom. Plus they do not let the guests take the extra food, cake, or desserts to their room due to sanitary rules. (well less they want to hide cake in their bags LOL)

I was stubborn and wanted the 3 tier for look purposes but for the sake of not wasting $$ I wish I would have gone smaller.

#17095 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
        • Site Supporter
        • 62 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by m8chow View Post

LilPumpkin - I think you just sold me on the bbq based on your dessert pictures! hahaha  Thank you for sharing the pictures.  This really helps.

M8chow. LOL now I only wish I had tried some of it. But the guests all raved about all the food on the buffet and the desert table. I don't think you will be disappointed :) It was tons of food. We had several with food allergies, or don't eat pork, or fish, one with Crohn's Disease etc. And everyone said they found stuff to suit them. 

#17096 m8chow

m8chow
          • 255 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
          • LocationMexico

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LilPumpkin 

M8chow. LOL now I only wish I had tried some of it. But the guests all raved about all the food on the buffet and the desert table. I don't think you will be disappointed :) It was tons of food. We had several with food allergies, or don't eat pork, or fish, one with Crohn's Disease etc. And everyone said they found stuff to suit them.

Thank you so much, we were so worried.  Now I need make sure I get the chance to eat as well.  After working out hard to look good for the wedding, I'm going to destroy that dessert table.  :woot:

#17097 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
          • Site Supporter
          • 62 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by m8chow View Post

Thank you so much, we were so worried.  Now I need make sure I get the chance to eat as well.  After working out hard to look good for the wedding, I'm going to destroy that dessert table.  :woot:

LOL Hysterical.

#17098 JMK923

JMK923
            • 185 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 8, 2014
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

LilPumpkin - WOW!! That is a TON of food! Although it looks amazing, I think we're expecting between 40-50 guests and based off of your review/ comments that is entirely too much food. I really appreciate your feedback and sharing the pictures to give me an idea of what to expect. Now I'm wondering if I should switch to a 2 tier cake lol. I like the 3 tier for look purposes too but its such a shame that it all goes to waste. I mean seriously, our group would probably only need 2 of those desert trays lol! You definitely have options that's for sure!

#17099 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
            • Site Supporter
            • 62 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JMK923 View Post

LilPumpkin - WOW!! That is a TON of food! Although it looks amazing, I think we're expecting between 40-50 guests and based off of your review/ comments that is entirely too much food. I really appreciate your feedback and sharing the pictures to give me an idea of what to expect. Now I'm wondering if I should switch to a 2 tier cake lol. I like the 3 tier for look purposes too but its such a shame that it all goes to waste. I mean seriously, our group would probably only need 2 of those desert trays lol! You definitely have options that's for sure!

I totally agree. It does all go to waste. And I hate that. There was SOOOO much food even on the buffet.

Glad the pictures helped :)

#17100 misbosox

misbosox
              • 294 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
              • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'm wondering if any of you had over the 40 guest count and roughly how much more it ended up costing you. I was going through our guest list and its crazy almost 50-69 guests...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users