Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hi Ladies! First off, I just have to say that this Blog is amazing... Its so helpful and you guys are great!  We are getting married at the Azul Sensatori on May 3, 2014... And I have a few questions.  We originally booked and chose to have a legal ceremony, but now I am questioning whether to do it in the Chapel...?   I am a practicing Catholic and my Fiance is pretty much non-denominational.  He did make his baptism, but he hasn't made any other sacraments... Does anyone know what we would need to do in order to get married by a Catholic priest in Mexico?  Is it even an option considering my FI is not a Catholic? Also, does anyone know if the script for the Catholic ceremony can be altered at all?  I'm under the impression that the Legal Ceremony script is not able to be changed at all?  Thanks so much for the answers in advance!  We are within the one year mark and other than putting down the initial deposit and getting the group contract pricing done and booking our trip, I haven't had time to do anything else yet... Panic mode is beginning to set in!
Welcome! To have a Catholic ceremony, there is an additional cost and you and your guests would have to travel to a chapel. There is one on site at their sister resort El Dorado Royale (but it's adults only). Check out the official thread, there is a list of all the requirements: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/84306/official-azul-sensatori-thread Hope that helps!

I wanted to share a picture from my hair trial. I used my GI freebie for the salon package and it was great. I did have to pay a bit extra as I brought clip-in extensions, but it was more than worth it. My stylist was Nayibe and she's been doing hair for 22 years. For anyone concerned about having their hair done on site, do not stress! She also did a fantastic job with my makeup. I did have to tone down eyebrows and lips a bit during the trial, but speaks more to my comfort with makeup than her skills.

Here is the inspiration from Pinterest:

And my finished trial. I asked for it to be higher off the neck because I was afraid of being too hot.

The version from the day of was identical, if not better, than the trial.

Hello my lovely ladies!!! We are back after an amazing two week stay in Mexico!!! We stayed at the AS the first week for our wedding on May 18th, and then transferred to El Dorado Casitas Royale for another week for our honeymoon.

I will eventually get to the long detailed review & planning journal, but wanted to say we had the BEST TIME OF OUR LIVES in Mexico!!

First & foremost, a very HUGE thank you to everyone on here for their endless support and advice over the past year! I am so grateful to have made many friends through here, and especially to my fellow bride MISSY who I spent lots of time with during our stay! You are all amazing and thank you for being a wonderful support system! Our wedding day was the most memorable day of our lives, and the AS went above & beyond!!!! The resort's staff was exceptional in service and amazingly kind!!  This was absolutely the best idea my FI had, was to have this DW. I'm so grateful! Here are a few shots I wanted to share with you all =) More to come with the review & planning journal!!

To all soon to be brides, don't stress about anything!  It's an amazing place with knowledgeable and talented staff seeing that your day will be amazing!

700My father giving me away!

700WE DO!!!!

700 our first dance  [reception was on the beach]

700 cocktail hour on the beach with mariachi band

Welcome back MRS. Jenny! cheers.gif Congratulations and so happy to hear all went well. Love the photos you posted and can't wait to see more!

Hi ladies! I am new to this thread and hope I am doing this right. I am getting married at Azul Sensatori April 27, 2014 and I'm trying to finalize my DJ. We are already using an outside photographer (Samuel Luna) and are paying the vendor fee. I would love to not have to pay another fee for the DJ. I have heard a lot about DJ Dorremix but it seems like most brides put their playlist together themselves anyways. So what's the point in paying all that money for a DJ? Has anyone had any experiences the DJ All Music and can give me any positive/negative feedback. Thanks ladies! And I'm super excited to have found this site and be planning my our wedding!

Hi Leah! congrats on your upcoming wedding. We used DJ All Music for our wedding in Nov. at EDR. We were very happy with them! They ran the entire reception, and followed the instructions we provided. They have a spreadsheet you will fill out with all of the bridal party, family for intros, songs you want for dinner and for dancing, intros, cake cutting, and the timing of the events that you want to happen. They followed our do not play list, and played nearly all of the songs we requested. We were very happy we booked with them and avoided the outside vendor fee.

If I can provide any other information about our experience with them, please let me know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by leahwolf2014 View Post

Hi ladies! I am new to this thread and hope I am doing this right. I am getting married at Azul Sensatori April 27, 2014 and I'm trying to finalize my DJ. We are already using an outside photographer (Samuel Luna) and are paying the vendor fee. I would love to not have to pay another fee for the DJ. I have heard a lot about DJ Dorremix but it seems like most brides put their playlist together themselves anyways. So what's the point in paying all that money for a DJ? Has anyone had any experiences the DJ All Music and can give me any positive/negative feedback. Thanks ladies! And I'm super excited to have found this site and be planning my our wedding!

Hello my lovely ladies!!! We are back after an amazing two week stay in Mexico!!! We stayed at the AS the first week for our wedding on May 18th, and then transferred to El Dorado Casitas Royale for another week for our honeymoon. I will eventually get to the long detailed review & planning journal, but wanted to say we had the BEST TIME OF OUR LIVES in Mexico!! First & foremost, a very HUGE thank you to everyone on here for their endless support and advice over the past year! I am so grateful to have made many friends through here, and especially to my fellow bride MISSY who I spent lots of time with during our stay! You are all amazing and thank you for being a wonderful support system! Our wedding day was the most memorable day of our lives, and the AS went above & beyond!!!! The resort's staff was exceptional in service and amazingly kind!!  This was absolutely the best idea my FI had, was to have this DW. I'm so grateful! Here are a few shots I wanted to share with you all =) More to come with the review & planning journal!! To all soon to be brides, don't stress about anything!  It's an amazing place with knowledgeable and talented staff seeing that your day will be amazing! LL My father giving me away! *   LL WE DO!!!! LL  our first dance  [reception was on the beach] LL  cocktail hour on the beach with mariachi band
Love the pics you posted!!!! Will def be posting a full review soon once I have caught up with work ( not awesome to be back at work lol! ) was amazing meeting u and spending time with u as well

Hello my lovely ladies!!! We are back after an amazing two week stay in Mexico!!! We stayed at the AS the first week for our wedding on May 18th, and then transferred to El Dorado Casitas Royale for another week for our honeymoon. I will eventually get to the long detailed review & planning journal, but wanted to say we had the BEST TIME OF OUR LIVES in Mexico!! First & foremost, a very HUGE thank you to everyone on here for their endless support and advice over the past year! I am so grateful to have made many friends through here, and especially to my fellow bride MISSY who I spent lots of time with during our stay! You are all amazing and thank you for being a wonderful support system! Our wedding day was the most memorable day of our lives, and the AS went above & beyond!!!! The resort's staff was exceptional in service and amazingly kind!!  This was absolutely the best idea my FI had, was to have this DW. I'm so grateful! Here are a few shots I wanted to share with you all =) More to come with the review & planning journal!! To all soon to be brides, don't stress about anything!  It's an amazing place with knowledgeable and talented staff seeing that your day will be amazing! LL My father giving me away! *   LL WE DO!!!! LL  our first dance  [reception was on the beach] LL  cocktail hour on the beach with mariachi band
Congrats Jenny and welcome back! Love the pictures, can't wait to see more and hear how everything went.

Originally Posted by leahwolf2014 View Post

Welcome to the forum! welcome.gif I have added you onto the official bridal roll call. For more details and info about weddings at the Sensatori check out the official thread: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/84306/official-azul-sensatori-thread/10

Good luck with your planning.