#16601 Jennypert

Jennypert
  • Site Supporter
  • 225 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

We usually take about $100 each in singles for tips and then $200-250 in larger bills each. Then, we try and use our credit cards as much as possible to avoid flashing a lot of cash. We plan to go to Playa Del Carmen for shopping next week. I was in Cancun several years ago and have not wanted to return. But, it's probably a lot nicer now. I just remember a bunch of drunken American college students. If you have credit or debit cards, you should not have many problems. But, avoid using the ATM machines at most hotels. They charge an exorbitant exchange rate. Jenny

#16602 amazinggrace

amazinggrace
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Wow, I just found this forum and it is amazing! I am getting married either October 4 or 5 and still haven't settled on a resort yet - I'm debating between Azul Sensatori and Sandos Playacar. I was wondering if anyone on this thread also considered both of these venues and could give me feedback on your decision to go with Azul Sensatori. Basically, Azul Sensatori seems to be more expensive per room (therefore more expensive for the guests) but it seems to come with a lot of perks, including a free private event (the wedding reception!!) if you book 16 rooms or more. On the other hand, from this thread I've noticed that Azul Sensatori charges a looot for extras. Sandos Playacar has really great room prices and a great beach, but the wedding and reception works out to be a lot more. If anyone has any wisdom to share, I would really appreciate it. I'm obviously already behind - wedding in 5 months and no venue yet!

#16603 Kingz85

Kingz85
    • 25 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
    • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by doodle85 

Hi I am getting married on April 10/2014....Does anyone one have any advvice on great was to cut cost..We have around 40 guest coming from Canada.

Hi Im getting married April 9, 2014!

Im bringing my own fabric sheers because paying $150 per sheet is insane. 

We only have 22 ppl going so im picking the "pre made tables" I just dont want the hassle of carrying everything on the plane.

I also found this website that you can order in bulk and you get free shipping if you dont mind waiting for your order a month or so. http://www.aliexpress.com

Im going to get the paper lanterns and LED lights and maybe the "welcome/thank you" gifts.

Let me know if you need any help we can brainstorm together!

#16604 Kingz85

Kingz85
    • 25 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
    • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by doodle85 

Hi I am getting married on April 10/2014....Does anyone one have any advvice on great was to cut cost..We have around 40 guest coming from Canada.

Hi Im getting married April 9, 2014!

Im bringing my own fabric sheers because paying $150 per sheet is insane. 

We only have 22 ppl going so im picking the "pre made tables" I just dont want the hassle of carrying everything on the plane.

I also found this website that you can order in bulk and you get free shipping if you dont mind waiting for your order a month or so. http://www.aliexpress.com

Im going to get the paper lanterns and LED lights and maybe the "welcome/thank you" gifts.

Let me know if you need any help we can brainstorm together!

#16605 ElanaB82

ElanaB82
    • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Has anyone tried Matias Cano, or other resort approved photographers? I'd really like to not pay a vendor fee if they have any good options...

#16606 endiz

endiz
      • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Has anyone ever got married in May/June? How much was it per guest (2 per room)? Also, when is the best time to book to get the best rate? We are looking at approx. 30 guests.

#16607 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
        • Site Supporter
        • 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hello ladies,

I thought I would share my DIY Chapsticks ( I must give a lot of props to MK0386 because I got info from your post http://www.bestdesti...cs-and-template )

We really love how they turned out

I purchased my blank Cherry Flavor Chapsticks from Bulk Apothecary for $0.28

http://www.bulkapoth...ing-at-19-unit/

My labels are from the same website

http://www.bulkapoth...1-00-per-sheet/

Here is how they turned out: (they are Purple & Orange in color but couldn't get to picture correctly)

#16608 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
          • Site Supporter
          • 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

Wow the pictures didn't show. Try again...

Hello ladies,

I thought I would share my DIY Chapsticks ( I must give a lot of props to MK0386 because I got info from your post

#16609 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
            • Site Supporter
            • 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

Here is a picture of our Tears of Joy Envelopes that will be on each chair at the Wedding Ceremony.

It's just small envelopes that I took to Kinko's and had the image printed directly on them. The total cost for envelope, printing and tissue is $1.04. The printing was the most expensive part.

#16610 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
              • Site Supporter
              • 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

I really loved this so I thought I would share it. This is the sign my two nephews (ring bearers) will carry down the isle

Purchased from

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users