19267 replies to this topic

#16491 MMK0386

MMK0386
  • 367 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

I'm leaving in 8 days!  Crazy, Crazy crazy!  My question is on tipping.  Do I have to tip everyone?  How much do you think is appropriate for Photographer.  My package I got was $1100.00. Do we tip the onsite WC also?  And what about the people that setup for us and the staff person they give you to run the music for the ceremony?  This could really add up!   Please help!  I'm sure a lot of you will have the same questions when it gets closer... eek! I hope I'm ready!:eek: Thanks.....Dawn

The thing that confuses me most about this is that it's an all inclusive resort and gratuities are included. I feel like that particularly means for regular meals, drinks, etc. I will bring a few ones and smaller bills for throughout the week but I think I will mostly reserve tipping for my private events. That being said, I did read A Martha Stewart article on wedding tipping and she says (and I agree) that if someone owns their own business (DJ, photographer, etc) than you are already paying them their fee. They don't work for someone and get paid per job or hourly, etc. so they don't need to be tipped unless you really just feel obligated or they did an over and above job for you. I still don't really know what to tip the WC or staff at the private events, though. :/ I am going to keep in mind, though, that the American dollar goes really freakin far in MX, and this resort has already cost me an arm and a leg so not to sound cheap, but I'm not going overboard with tipping. I hope I didn't confuse you more, as you can tell, I kind of don't know what I want to do as far as tipping either.

#16492 Jennypert

Jennypert
  • Site Supporter
  • 225 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

I have been to all inclusives in Riviera Maya.  Usually, the staff works really hard to please.  They make very little money so we always take a lot of dollar bills and pass them out to waiters, bus boys, housekeepers, bartenders and anyone else who does something nice for us.  The higher level staff will sometimes refuse the tip but most are very appreciative.  Don't stress out about the amount but a little kindness goes a long ways.

#16493 AlyssaNYC

AlyssaNYC
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Do they have to be this size?? I can't find white sheers anywhere in that size 

#16494 phsexxy

phsexxy
    • 49 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

did anyone use the salon in the hotel for hair and make up? how long did it take?

#16495 murmel

murmel
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 1,407 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

did anyone use the salon in the hotel for hair and make up? how long did it take?

I personally did not use the salon, but from previous brides I know they have all been very happy with both the hair and makeup services. They all suggest taking inspiration photos with you, so that you can SHOW them what you want (just incase language is a barrier). And allow a fair bit of time, likely 2-2 1/2 hours. Plus you will still need to get dressed after. So I would think an appointment at least 4 hours prior to your wedding at a minimum.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#16496 mystique517

mystique517
      • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by jswllms 

I'm considering doing the Dress Rehersal..... Any other brides take advantage of this? 

Hi jswllms,

I just got back from the Bridal Dress Rehearsal on Sunday and I must say, it was fantastic! Not only do you get a first-hand look at the resort and all the different venues for your ceremony and reception,  but you also go to a seminar where the WCs discuss all your options with you (the different Karisma resorts, the wedding packages and promotions). You also get to taste the food, the cake and see the types of d©cor and spa services available to you through Lomas (which are a tad overpriced and you're probably better off bringing your own d©cor - but it's still nice to see for inspiration)

I definitely feel a lot better now that I've seen everything in real-life. I like to be prepared so that I know what I can expect before I get there in November with all my guests - but that's just me

Also, there's been a lot of talk on here about outside DJs no longer being allowed on the resort, however the WC at Azul (Denise) told me that we can have an outside DJ along with an outside Photographer so long as we pay the $800 vendor fee for each! So maybe some WCs are being misinformed?? It's been a little frustrating hearing all the conflicting rules, but I figure if the WC at the Azul Sensatori is telling me this, it must be true! Still, I have yet to get it in writing.

BTW - I took a lot of pics of EVERYTHING and asked a ton of questions so let me know if you ladies would like any info from me!

#16497 DawnDean

DawnDean
        • Site Supporter
        • 99 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

It is a tricky issue. You will likely tip the staff during the week. We usually planned for about $15-20 per day(few bucks for the maid, bartender, lunch and dinner waiter, etc) As for the wedding, we did tip our photographer, the WCs, and the waiters/bartenders. Again how much is really a personal choice. We didn't tip the set-up crew, just because we never saw them. We gave the WC a thank you card, with some cash the next day. And my husband tried to walk around our reception and thank the staff with some tip money, but I am sure we may have missed people too. I would not stress out to much about it! Just plan ahead and bring lots of small bills with you, since it can be difficult to get change for larger bills.

#16498 DawnDean

DawnDean
          • Site Supporter
          • 99 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the info... soooo, how much did you tip photographer and WC? Sorry to ask same question again. Just really confused.

#16499 murmel

murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for the info... soooo, how much did you tip photographer and WC? Sorry to ask same question again. Just really confused.

It really is a personal decision. I don't believe there is a set fee/ percentage. First thing is, are you happy with their work? Do you want to reward them? Like one of the other brides said, it's more to show your appreciation, than worrying about the exact amount.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#16500 GinaP

GinaP
            • 55 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hey Girls! I just got a teaser photo from my TTD with Dean Sanderson and wanted to share! He really is AMAZING!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users