19267 replies to this topic

#16241 JMK923

JMK923
  • 185 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi! Does anyone have any recommendations on restaurants/ bars at the resort where guests can meet for drinks after the ceremony? I've decided not to have a private cockail party anymore, but I was hoping to suggest a place where everyone can go and mingle while my FI and I get our pictures taken... I was planning on putting this cocktail location on our 'schedule of events" for the wedding day, in attempt to direct people and keep things somewhat organized.

#16242 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hi! Does anyone have any recommendations on restaurants/ bars at the resort where guests can meet for drinks after the ceremony? I've decided not to have a private cockail party anymore, but I was hoping to suggest a place where everyone can go and mingle while my FI and I get our pictures taken... I was planning on putting this cocktail location on our 'schedule of events" for the wedding day, in attempt to direct people and keep things somewhat organized.

Lots of options. Depending on where and when you get married I would suggest the following. If your wedding is on the beach late in the afternoon, there is a bar right on the beach. However there is not much seating, other than the wedding chairs or beach lounge chairs. Just above the beach is the bar on the back side of the Mexican restaurant-called Cantina Zocalo. Beautiful setting , lots of chairs and an ocean view. I would suggest here. If your guests are all adults you could also suggest Wave bar. The bar on the rear side of the adult pool. Lots of tables and chairs and starting about 6 pm they usually have live music(guitar, saxophone, etc)

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#16243 Jess878

Jess878
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by JMK923 

Thats smart! I wish I would've thought of that... I think If I made another change to the invites my vendor would go crazy.... lol..

#16244 JMK923

JMK923
    • 185 posts
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by murmel 

Lots of options. Depending on where and when you get married I would suggest the following. If your wedding is on the beach late in the afternoon, there is a bar right on the beach. However there is not much seating, other than the wedding chairs or beach lounge chairs. Just above the beach is the bar on the back side of the Mexican restaurant-called Cantina Zocalo. Beautiful setting , lots of chairs and an ocean view. I would suggest here.

If your guests are all adults you could also suggest Wave bar. The bar on the rear side of the adult pool. Lots of tables and chairs and starting about 6 pm they usually have live music(guitar, saxophone, etc)

Originally Posted by Jess878 

Thats smart! I wish I would've thought of that... I think If I made another change to the invites my vendor would go crazy.... lol..

Murmel - Thanks, I think Cantina Zocalo sounds perfect!

Jess - I actually got this informal cocktail party idea from other brides on BDW as well as this thread! I just don't see the point in paying for a private cocktail party at an all inclusive resort, so we're saving a lot by doing this.

#16245 Tonya Smith

Tonya Smith
    • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Thank you, this was very helpful!

Attached Files

#16246 Jess878

Jess878
      • 215 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Yea I didn't really either but I didn't want my guest to just be wandering around with nothing to do before the reception. I'm still thi king about changing but I already had the invites worked on. The lady is just working on the physical proof the mail me. I think changing now would cause an extra fee. Which I guess would still be cheaper than the whole cocktail party... Hmmm I guess I'll ask my fi and see what he thinks.

#16247 april9639

april9639
        • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Has anyone heard any reviews on the s'mores welcome party? I have only seen one bride who has done it so far. We are considering doing this instead of the rehersal dinner at soon. Any thoughts or suggestions?

#16248 tkuzma

tkuzma
          • 418 posts
          • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Has anyone heard any reviews on the s'mores welcome party? I have only seen one bride who has done it so far. We are considering doing this instead of the rehersal dinner at soon. Any thoughts or suggestions?

We did the s'mores party and our guests had a great time! A ton of food and your own personal bartender for 2 hrs- well worth the $15 per person.

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#16249 JMK923

JMK923
          • 185 posts
          • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jess878 

Yea I didn't really either but I didn't want my guest to just be wandering around with nothing to do before the reception. I'm still thi king about changing but I already had the invites worked on. The lady is just working on the physical proof the mail me. I think changing now would cause an extra fee. Which I guess would still be cheaper than the whole cocktail party... Hmmm I guess I'll ask my fi and see what he thinks.

I think it would be worth it to change the invites too!

#16250 april9639

april9639
          • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

We did the s'mores party and our guests had a great time! A ton of food and your own personal bartender for 2 hrs- well worth the $15 per person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users