• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#16021 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
  • Site Supporter
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

KittenHeart

I love that you Won for the bride who brought the most items :) hysterical. I have a question did you have any trouble with customs for bringing so many items? I am concerned about limitations coming through customs with my OTB's with goodies, etc. Any problems or advice?

Thanks

#16022 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
    • Site Supporter
    • 62 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hello Past Azul Sensatori Brides,

Has anyone chosen the Deluxe BBQ for a buffet meal? I would love any reviews on this menu if anyone has any?

Thanks

#16023 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
      • Site Supporter
      • 62 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

For those brides who have brought a lot of items from home for decor and/or OTB that include snacks or gifts for kids, etc had any trouble with customs when entering into Mexico? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you

#16024 seatkins22

seatkins22
        • 68 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by LilPumpkin 

For those brides who have brought a lot of items from home for decor and/or OTB that include snacks or gifts for kids, etc had any trouble with customs when entering into Mexico? Any information would be helpful.

Thank you

This topic showed up on the forum a couple of weeks ago.  I think the consensus was to bring receipts with you for all gift items and they only allow up to $300 per person being brought into the country.    Take a browse back in the forum.....a recent bride had her luggage searched.

#16025 normas09

normas09
          • 175 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Thanks MKO386...

So if I wanted to get married in the chapel on the EDR, I would have to have the legal one first? Or could I do that after? I hope that makes sense.

~Norma

#16026 AmyandNolan2013

AmyandNolan2013
            • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by LilPumpkin 

Hello Past Azul Sensatori Brides,

Has anyone chosen the Deluxe BBQ for a buffet meal? I would love any reviews on this menu if anyone has any?

Thanks

We are doing the buffet! We actually went to a wedding at El Dorado Royale in August who had the buffet and it was amazing. Surf and Turf, ALL the food was so good that we are going to go for the same.

#16027 AllieH

AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

Hi Norma,

I know you don't have to be legally married in Mexico to use the chapel at EDR for your wedding. We had a symbolic ceremony, and the chapel was our back up location in case of bad weather. EDR never asked us when we did our legal marriage - so it could have been done before or after we were married at EDR.

I think you may be asking about a Catholic ceremony + the legal/civil ceremony?

Here's the skinny on MX ceremonies available through Lomas:

Civil: legal in MX, must file paperwork in US to be legal here, this has a set script, and require you to be there 3 business days before your wedding, do the paperwork and have blood tests.

Catholic: The Catholic ceremony has to be held in the chapel/church I believe.  Also requires additional paperwork from the Catholic church. It isn't a legal ceremony, but can be combined with the above civil/legal ceremony based on Lomas' website. So you could also choose to do the legal portion at home.

Symbolic: not legal in MX, not legal in US - you'd have to do your legal marriage in US; you can use the civil script, or write your own. No blood tests required, no 3 day business day requirement. Many brides choose this route, and do the legal marriage/paperwork at home (this is what we did.)

Here's a link to Lomas' requirements with the various ceremonies:

Thanks MKO386...

So if I wanted to get married in the chapel on the EDR, I would have to have the legal one first? Or could I do that after? I hope that makes sense.

~Norma

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#16028 MK0386

MK0386
              • 199 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by normas09 

Thanks MKO386...

~Norma

I'm pretty sure what AllieH says above is correct. I don't want a Catholic ceremony- we are Protestant. I just want to do the legal ceremony but with some mention of God, and a prayer here and there and some other readings, etc, The legal script is awful and very impersonal.

#16029 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
                • Site Supporter
                • 62 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by seatkins22 

This topic showed up on the forum a couple of weeks ago.  I think the consensus was to bring receipts with you for all gift items and they only allow up to $300 per person being brought into the country.    Take a browse back in the forum.....a recent bride had her luggage searched.

Great Thank you.

#16030 phsexxy

phsexxy
                  • 49 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Ladies,

If your reception is semi-private but it is going to be at plaza zavas can you still have a ipod rental and how long is the semi-private event? Do you decorate as well?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users