Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#15781 RachelTX

RachelTX
  • Newbie
  • 116 posts

    Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

    Originally Posted by DawnDean 

    Hi.  I've decided to use Caribe Photo to avoid the outside vendor fee.  Can anyone recommend someone specific that  they used and was impressed by from Caribe.

     

    Thanks.  It's a big decision as these will last forever.  I really appreciate anyone's help.

    I'm using Caribe as well....haven't requested anyone specific, but will definitely let you know what I think when we get back.  My WC, Elizabeth, said she had them do her engagement photos and she loved them.....so that made me feel a lot better!  



    #15782 JennyBenz

    JennyBenz
    • Jr. Member
    • 338 posts

      Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

      Hey! I'm so glad you were able to get some useful info from what I'd sent you =)

      I'd go with the bride above regarding the semi-private event & DJ/cigar roller.

      We are having the cigar roller & DJ, but our whole day will be private. I'm sure you can get an answer quickly with your WC, once they reach out to you.

      Oh girl I hear you! You feel so accomplished and then there will be a lull that you feel there isn't much left to do, then it'll hit you towards the end that oyu have so much more to do!

      I'm going through that right now, we have so much to order & finalize, but we're anxisouly awaiting our RSVP's! They're due in almost a week and still waiting on almost 75 people!

      But I'm sure it'll work out and I can get ordering- I'm so excited to get everything here and ready for the big day!

       

      One piece of advice I can give to you that's very important to remember [I'm sure many brides on here will agree]: Do not say you "know for sure" who is or isn't coming. There will be many surprises along the way, so don't adhere to a specific number. Be prepared to be let down, it happens to us all. For me, it was my closest childhood friend & some immediate family members that said they would be there 100% and then the RSVP came saying they could not attend. Just remember that as much as everyone wishes they could be there, some will not be able to attend. 

       

      Feel free to ask any other questions =)

      Jen

      Originally Posted by LiLSushi 

      Thank you for the awesome write up and advice.  Actually a lot of what you wrote helps...My fi sent an email off to the TA to find out when we should be hearing from the WC.

       

      We've got the Sky Deck booked for a Civil Ceremony at 1:30pm and with the help of this awesome forum, I've already got the kissing ball aisle decorations, and will be using those for the centrepieces at the reception.

       

      We're fine with the semi-private reception that comes with the Silver Package, and with your advice, I'm definitely going to budget for a private, just in case we go over the 40 count.

       

      We want to hire a DJ for after the reception and a Cigar Roller as entertainment during the reception.

       

      My fi's family friends are photographers and have offered to do our wedding photos for free...*phew*

       

      The STD's have been ordered, and should be here any day so we can start the hand cramping address writing.

       

      The wedsite is up, the engagement video is on youtube, and I'm almost done our Iphone/Android app.

       

      We'll definitely be speaking to our TA to see what she can do about freebies....she's local to us in Toronto and is a GI agent as well.

       

      Crazy how I feel like we've already done so much and there's still SOOO much to do LOL....

       

      Thank's again for the advice...excited for you that yours is coming up in May!! =)



      #15783 evac

      evac
      • Newbie
      • 15 posts

        Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

        Hello Ladies!

         

        We just got home from our wedding week on Sunday and I cannot say enough how happy I was with how everything went at Azul Sensatori. We had a small group of people that were there with us and everything went fantastically! We got married on the Sky Deck and had our private reception at Spoon. The food was absolutely delicious and all of our guests were ranting and raving at how good it was. I read on here a bunch of times that the cake wasnt that great but I honestly thought it was one of the best cakes I have ever had in my life. We went with a non traditional flavor of strawberry cake with strawberry filling (I had read another bride somewhere say that she had a tasting and it was delicious, she was so right!) I am going to post a few pics here and then I will do a full review.

         

         

         

         



        #15784 KateMZ

        KateMZ
        • Newbie
        • 8 posts

          Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

          Azul Sensatori Sky Deck wedding on Feb. 16, 2013--- Any last minute advice?!?

           

           

          Hi Ladies, 

           

          I am getting married at the Azul Sensatori resort this February 16th! I cannot wait!! We are finalizing all the last minute details like goodie bags for guests, wedding weekend itinerary, etc. 

           

          For those still planning-- any idea on where to find a wedding itinerary template?

           

          Fort those who had their wedding at the Sensatori-- any last minute things I should know? We are having a sand ceremony on the Sky Deck. I do not really know much about the sand ceremony, but it was included in our package so I do not think I need to bring anything extra for that.

           

          Thanks for any advice you have! 



          #15785 kathryn83

          kathryn83
          • Newbie
          • 86 posts

            Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

            Yes, was going to say the same thing. With the Spoons reception you cannot have any "extras" - No DJ, entertainment, decorations etc.

            Originally Posted by LiLSushi 

            Thank you for the awesome write up and advice.  Actually a lot of what you wrote helps...My fi sent an email off to the TA to find out when we should be hearing from the WC.

             

            We've got the Sky Deck booked for a Civil Ceremony at 1:30pm and with the help of this awesome forum, I've already got the kissing ball aisle decorations, and will be using those for the centrepieces at the reception.

             

            We're fine with the semi-private reception that comes with the Silver Package, and with your advice, I'm definitely going to budget for a private, just in case we go over the 40 count.

             

            We want to hire a DJ for after the reception and a Cigar Roller as entertainment during the reception.

             

            My fi's family friends are photographers and have offered to do our wedding photos for free...*phew*

             

            The STD's have been ordered, and should be here any day so we can start the hand cramping address writing.

             

            The wedsite is up, the engagement video is on youtube, and I'm almost done our Iphone/Android app.

             

            We'll definitely be speaking to our TA to see what she can do about freebies....she's local to us in Toronto and is a GI agent as well.

             

            Crazy how I feel like we've already done so much and there's still SOOO much to do LOL....

             

            Thank's again for the advice...excited for you that yours is coming up in May!! =)

             

             

            Originally Posted by RachelTX 

            Hi there....random thought as I read through your post here....I know that you can only have a Cigar roller if you have a Private reception, and I would venture to guess the same goes for a DJ as well.  We wanted to do the Cigar Roller for after our semi-private (included) dinner and we were told that was not possible.  We had to just order boxes of cigars instead.  So....you will definitely want to check with your WC on that.  

             

            I'm curious about your app....what is it going to do?



            #15786 tkuzma

            tkuzma
            • Jr. Member
            • 418 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

            Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

            Originally Posted by evac 

            Hello Ladies!

             

            We just got home from our wedding week on Sunday and I cannot say enough how happy I was with how everything went at Azul Sensatori. We had a small group of people that were there with us and everything went fantastically! We got married on the Sky Deck and had our private reception at Spoon. The food was absolutely delicious and all of our guests were ranting and raving at how good it was. I read on here a bunch of times that the cake wasnt that great but I honestly thought it was one of the best cakes I have ever had in my life. We went with a non traditional flavor of strawberry cake with strawberry filling (I had read another bride somewhere say that she had a tasting and it was delicious, she was so right!) I am going to post a few pics here and then I will do a full review.

             

             

             

             

             

            Congratulations evac!!! Cute pictures- I can't wait to see more :) I am seriously impressed by how your cake turned out...I was nervous before I saw yours!


            My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/


            #15787 tkuzma

            tkuzma
            • Jr. Member
            • 418 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

            Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

            Hello ladies!!!

             

            I feel like I've been MIA for awhile here :s 30 days to go for me, and panic has started to set it.  I'm done all the major things, but now fretting over the small details that I know don't really matter but which I'd like to see done, haha.

             

            Anyone experience their WC trying to force the final payment without everything being finalized? I'm slightly irritated because I was the one that brought up the topic after I realized the 45 day rule had passed, but I have still a few details to sort, so I don't want to pay until everything is really set.

             

            Anyone else not reaching their weight loss goals? Slightly depressed about it, but I guess I'll have to be happy as is :P


            My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/


            #15788 sarahscruton

            sarahscruton
            • Newbie
            • 10 posts

              Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

              Hi[quote name="MK0386" url="/t/23412/azul-sensatori-brides-post-here/15480#post_1833967"]Not sure if this is the most updated list, but I wanted to go ahead and add our wedding June 28th! So excited for everyone!! ELaine's is tomorrow.... I can't wait to hear how it goes and see pictures!!

              #15789 sarahscruton

              sarahscruton
              • Newbie
              • 10 posts

                Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

                Hi!!! I'm getting married April 28th, 2013!!! Soo excited!!

                #15790 vlivins

                vlivins
                • Newbie
                • 45 posts

                  Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

                  Agreed JennyBenz!! We had a number of close friends and family tell us they were coming, but then their situations changed (money, pregnancy, health, etc) and they have since RSVP'd and said they couldnt make it. We also had other people who we never expected to attend who have booked, so it has a way of working itself out!

                   

                  Our rule has become that we assume someone isn't coming until they tell us they have booked their trip. It may seem a little pessimistic, but it makes it a lot easier to just be excited when someone books and less disappointed when someone tells you they can't come.

                  Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

                  Hey! I'm so glad you were able to get some useful info from what I'd sent you =)

                  I'd go with the bride above regarding the semi-private event & DJ/cigar roller.

                  We are having the cigar roller & DJ, but our whole day will be private. I'm sure you can get an answer quickly with your WC, once they reach out to you.

                  Oh girl I hear you! You feel so accomplished and then there will be a lull that you feel there isn't much left to do, then it'll hit you towards the end that oyu have so much more to do!

                  I'm going through that right now, we have so much to order & finalize, but we're anxisouly awaiting our RSVP's! They're due in almost a week and still waiting on almost 75 people!

                  But I'm sure it'll work out and I can get ordering- I'm so excited to get everything here and ready for the big day!

                   

                  One piece of advice I can give to you that's very important to remember [I'm sure many brides on here will agree]: Do not say you "know for sure" who is or isn't coming. There will be many surprises along the way, so don't adhere to a specific number. Be prepared to be let down, it happens to us all. For me, it was my closest childhood friend & some immediate family members that said they would be there 100% and then the RSVP came saying they could not attend. Just remember that as much as everyone wishes they could be there, some will not be able to attend. 

                   

                  Feel free to ask any other questions =)

                  Jen






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users