Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by Christined View Post

Hey ladies!

Amylou1983- gorgeous photos! Seeing pics gets me sooo excited!

I have a question about some decorating ideas. We have had to change where we are having our private dinner reception b/c we have more people coming thatn we initially thought. So we have moved it to Plaza Zavas...which I think is absolutely gorgeous in pics! So I wanted to get some feedback on decoration ideas for this space. We are bringing our own centrepieces down but need everything else.

- paper lanterns: I love how these look in photos. I am assuming past brides have brought them down with them? Approx how many do you think you would need to fill the space nicely? And I notice some light up, are these the LED throwies I have been reading about? Any good websites you can reccommend for cheap, decent quality lanterns?

Paper lanterns really do make that space sparkle. We used about 20-25 lanterns in varying sizes. I ordered mine from asianideas.com (mostly due to the fact that they would ship to Canada) This will do the edge of the gazebo. I know a few girls also wanted lanterns hanging inside the gazebo-if you choose to do that I would suggest planning for about 35 lanterns. We made the LED throwies to put inside the lanterns to light them up. The lights that you might be referring to are actually part of the resort on the palm trees, as well there is some neat lighting by the adult bar which is sort of in the background. If you look at the photos below- in the left one you can see a pink light (that's part of the bar lights) and the lights around the palm tree are always there.

- lights: my WC said we can rent rope lights for $50/pole from Lomas.....any other ideas?
Personally I think there is a fair bit of light, so I don't think I would bother with the extra rope lights through Lomas...especially at that price.

- pool: If I am not mistaken, this is located right next to the pool right? Has anyone put anything to float in the pool? Not sure if they would allow it?

I am sure you could put something into the pool, but depending on the layout of your reception it is behind or to the side, so you may not really see it at all. (refer to the photo above to give you a better idea) Hope that helps. 

Originally Posted by Nicci86 View Post

Has anyone done welcome bags for guests at the resort? I am starting to plan mine but I have no idea how I would go about getting them to the guests.

It might be a lot of work, but find out when your guests arrive and meet them in the lobby with the OOT bags. I know my hubby and I spent a lot of time in the lobby waiting for our guests, but the look and appreciation that your guests will have that you are personally welcoming them means a lot! Remember they are coming down for your special occasion, so it's nice to show them that you really are excited to see them.  I had a spreadsheet with everyone's flight times and we managed to greet all our guests. Plus we didn't have to spend the extra $4-7 per bag for delivery!

Added my date:

July 2012

MishMash July 14, 2012

Miss1022 July 22, 2012

Starcamping- July 23, 2012

August 2012

September 2012

Jennaba3 - September 6, 2012

October 2012

larazach - October 3, 2012

LauraandBrian- October 6, 2012

jsal4 - October 12, 2012

November 2012

ElaineNYC - November 10, 2012

Jana Knitter - November 11, 2012

December 2012

jenya - December 8, 2012

janaahb - December 12, 2012

January 2013

evac- January 3, 2013

February 2013

tkuzma - February 7, 2013

Christined - February 12, 2013

March 2013

seatkins22 - March 21, 2013

April 2013

slarso13 - April 20, 2013

DawnDean - April 26, 2013

May 2013

kathryn83 - May 5, 2013

jennybenz - May 18, 2013

soon2bmrspetti - May 18, 2013

PPMay2013- May 23, 2013

June 2013

July 2013

jriftin - July 14, 2013

Hi ladies!!! I have been looking into options for desserts at our reception. I'm getting more & more aggravated with the prices Lomas wants to charge but I'm willing to work with it, if it's worth it! I've heard many mixed reviews about the cupcakes they provide- mostly negative. They're willing to do a cupcake tower for about $400 which is still alot, especially if they're not tasty &

look terrible =(

Can anyone provide me some feedback on past experiences?

I also saw a candy buffet & ice cream buffet, but again they want to charge about $10 person, and that would be about $1,000 just for that. Whatever is worth it, I'm OK with but I'd love some of your opinions =)

Thanks so much!!  

Jenny- I had the $400 cupcake tree also. The cupcakes were TERRIBLE. Literally the worst cupcakes I've ever had - tasted like they'd been sitting around for 5 days. I ate one bite of mine. They also served assorted desserts with dinner -we had the family style menu. Those desserts were adequate, nothing amazing. I don't know what the other options are, but I would definitely stay away from the cupcakes. The sweetheart cake we had on top of the cupcake tower was better than the cupcakes, so maybe the regular cakes are better.

Hi ladies!!! I have been looking into options for desserts at our reception. I'm getting more & more aggravated with the prices Lomas wants to charge but I'm willing to work with it, if it's worth it! I've heard many mixed reviews about the cupcakes they provide- mostly negative. They're willing to do a cupcake tower for about $400 which is still alot, especially if they're not tasty & look terrible =( Can anyone provide me some feedback on past experiences? I also saw a candy buffet & ice cream buffet, but again they want to charge about $10 person, and that would be about $1,000 just for that. Whatever is worth it, I'm OK with but I'd love some of your opinions =) Thanks so much!!  

Hi ladies!!! I have been looking into options for desserts at our reception. I'm getting more & more aggravated with the prices Lomas wants to charge but I'm willing to work with it, if it's worth it! I've heard many mixed reviews about the cupcakes they provide- mostly negative. They're willing to do a cupcake tower for about $400 which is still alot, especially if they're not tasty & look terrible =( Can anyone provide me some feedback on past experiences? I also saw a candy buffet & ice cream buffet, but again they want to charge about $10 person, and that would be about $1,000 just for that. Whatever is worth it, I'm OK with but I'd love some of your opinions =) Thanks so much!!  
We just did a simple sweetheart cake. Our pick and choose came with dessert, and like you thought $400 for a cupcake tower was ridic!! We figured since we couldn't freeze the cake and take it home with us, no point going crazy with extra dessert. And the dessert they provided was delish!

Originally Posted by Christined View Post

Thank you so much to everyone who had given me ideas and info for decorating Plaza Zavas!! Now I just need to figure out these LED throwies I keep reading about :) thanks again ladies!!

Just look on the DIY section. There is a forum on the LED throwies and all the info you need. Or message me directly if you have specific questions.

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hi ladies!!! I have been looking into options for desserts at our reception. I'm getting more & more aggravated with the prices Lomas wants to charge but I'm willing to work with it, if it's worth it! I've heard many mixed reviews about the cupcakes they provide- mostly negative. They're willing to do a cupcake tower for about $400 which is still alot, especially if they're not tasty &

look terrible =(

Can anyone provide me some feedback on past experiences?

I also saw a candy buffet & ice cream buffet, but again they want to charge about $10 person, and that would be about $1,000 just for that. Whatever is worth it, I'm OK with but I'd love some of your opinions =)

Thanks so much!!  

We did a 'set menu' dinner and it included dessert. We just did a small sweetheart cake for photo purposes. It really wasn't that tasty (vanilla), and the other desserts were decent. Our guests were happy enough with dessert, and were not looking for 'wedding cake'. I think it ended being eaten by the six kids at our wedding.

Plus don't forget if your guests really have a sweet  tooth there is a large buffet open ti 10pm at Spoon! LOL

Ladies- THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You have really helped me to make my mind up once and for all. And after reading Jessie's post, my worries were confirmed!!!

I will most definitely stay far away from the cupcakes LOL And I'll look into any other options that can't really be messed up [like candy buffet or ice cream cart].

Has anyone used Fresa Weddings for any decorations or desserts? I keep hearing about them, but from this forum some ladies used them & others tried but the resort wouldn't allow it. They have rave reviews so if that's what it takes to get things cheaper & for better quality, I'd love to try going about things this way =)

Thanks for all your help I truly appreciate it woot.gif

Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

Jenny- I had the $400 cupcake tree also. The cupcakes were TERRIBLE. Literally the worst cupcakes I've ever had - tasted like they'd been sitting around for 5 days. I ate one bite of mine. They also served assorted desserts with dinner -we had the family style menu. Those desserts were adequate, nothing amazing. I don't know what the other options are, but I would definitely stay away from the cupcakes. The sweetheart cake we had on top of the cupcake tower was better than the cupcakes, so maybe the regular cakes are better.

Originally Posted by MishMash View Post

We just did a simple sweetheart cake. Our pick and choose came with dessert, and like you thought $400 for a cupcake tower was ridic!! We figured since we couldn't freeze the cake and take it home with us, no point going crazy with extra dessert. And the dessert they provided was delish!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

We did a 'set menu' dinner and it included dessert. We just did a small sweetheart cake for photo purposes. It really wasn't that tasty (vanilla), and the other desserts were decent. Our guests were happy enough with dessert, and were not looking for 'wedding cake'. I think it ended being eaten by the six kids at our wedding.

Plus don't forget if your guests really have a sweet  tooth there is a large buffet open ti 10pm at Spoon! LOL

Jenny I was trying to use Fresa but my WC told me they were not allowed however Kristy from Fresa told me she did a wedding there this month! So I resent an email to my WC to try and get her to let me use them. I'm waiting to hear back! I think it's worth try asking your WC and getting price quotes from Fresa!

I am allowed to use Fresa for some reason. I've emailed my WC twice to confirm and both times she said Yes. Maybe their policy has changed? Maybe they are only allowed for 2012 weddings and the policies changed for 2013? They should really give an explanation to you as why the vendor is not allowed.