Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Hello brides!

I am having my wedding in AS on December 8 ,2012.

Spent the last 3 hours reading this forum which I found to be very useful. Started from the last post and only reached page 1456...so many more to go =))

How do you girls get your WC? I only have a TA who deals with everything...well, so far it was hotel/airfare pricing and booking of the date of the ceremony. 

We decided to go with the Sky lounge as we wanted privacy. I have no clue where the reception will be held and who is supposed to arrange that. 

I have the same trouble with the unreasonable prices for everything i ask....and very disappointed about unfair treatment of the Canadians. Did any of the Canadians get the discount eventually?

Hope to get more useful tips and wish you all best of luck!!!!!

Hello brides!

Spent the last 3 hours reading this forum which I found to be very useful. Started from the last post and only reached page 1456...so many more to go =))

How do you girls get your WC? I only have a TA who deals with everything...well, so far it was hotel/airfare pricing and booking of the date of the ceremony. 

We decided to go with the Sky lounge as we wanted privacy. I have no clue where the reception will be held and who is supposed to arrange that. 

I have the same trouble with the unreasonable prices for everything i ask....and very disappointed about unfair treatment of the Canadians. Did any of the Canadians get the discount eventually?

Jessie - Thanks so much!! I will check out the pricing at Michael's later today. Submersible LED lights do sound pricey.. lol. I am going to have to weigh out my options and see if doing my own LED throwies, as suggested by Murmel, is doable since I do still have some time and I am on a tight budget. Its crazy how things add up so quickly...

Thank you soo much!! My FI and I are super excited and praying for perfect weather! How was it at night? Was it chilly? 

Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

Elaine -

These are the LED lights we used:

http://m.michaels.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Michaels-Site/default/mProduct-Show?pid=fl1253&start=6&q=Led%20lights

They are submersible LED lights.  They are probably more expensive than the type that Murmel made.  I waited until the last minute to take care of this stuff, and at that point could not focus  enough to make the throwies.   But if you have the time and the patience, that would be more economical, because you obviously do not need submersible lights for the lanterns.   These come in packs of 12, so if you could get enough coupons, the 40% off would be a great deal! The guys at the resort hooked them all up for us, and according to my husband, they used 2 lights each for the medium and large lanterns, so definitely buy extra.  We had about 30 laterns, and Chris said we bought 4 or 5 packages of the LED lights.  I'd hook you up with our lights, but they are only good for a certain amount of hours (can't remember how many), so I doubt they'd make it all the way through another reception!

I just noticed your wedding date.  Ours was Nov. 12 of last year.  We had awesome weather last year at that time.  You have SO MUCH to look forward to!

Hi! If you visit this website you will find a lot lof useful information on the wedding packages and extras. Also, if you go to "register now", you should get hooked up with a WC down in Florida who should be able to further assist you with your wedding. Sorry to hear Canadians get different treatment...i am not too sure about this since I am from NY. But there are other brides from Canada on this forum who should be able to help you.http://www.weddingsbylomastravel.com/

Good luck on ready all the posts! i gave up! lol

Congratulations! And happy planning!!! cheers.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenya View Post

Hello brides!

So i am going to check out the prices on LED lights at Michael's. I have a feeling it is going to be expensive so it looks like I will attempt to make the LED throwies. Thanks for idea!!! I would have never thought of putting it together myself. Wish me luck! Hope it is an easy project! lol

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

I ordered lanterns ranging in size from 8" to 18". We ended up hanging a variety of them, and I quite liked the way it looked. We also used some to decorate the wedding gazebo. I made some of the LED throwies to light them up. There is a forum on how to do it in DIY.

Ordered our lanterns from Asian Ideas (one of the few places I could find to ship to Canada)

And the LED supplies from dealextreme.com (from China so it took about 4 weeks for delivery, but super cheap and everything worked. But I would order a few extras just to be safe)

If you want to see how the sizes look, check out the photos from our photographers blog. There's one daytime and also night: http://www.taylorjacksonphoto.com/blog/destination-wedding-at-azul-sensatori/

Thanks for the link, Elaine! I've been to this website before...prices look scary =)

I actually got a looooooong email back from my TA with the spreadsheet. I am not sure if my TA will be an intermediary between me and WC. It is probably even better that way as I already encountered a lot of mismatch in what I was told before and what I found in the spreadsheet. TA promised us a "silver wedding" package if we make a deposit ( there was some sort of promotion with an agency), but in the spreadsheet I received it mentioned that we got pearl wedding package and have to pay for blood test and minister separately. Well, hopefully this will resolve.

Those who had a ceremony on a Sky lounge, did you girls have gazebo included in the price of the Sky lounge or did you have to pay separately?

All the small things definitely add up, but we should just stay positive =))

OMG thanks for sharing!!!!  I just made my purchase! I soo needed this!!! I have been working on my pre-wedding brochure. Once I am done I will post.

Where would i be w/out this forum?? LOST!!!  lol

Originally Posted by LauraandBrian View Post

Hi Ladies

Great groupon today for vista print!!! $17 for $70 worth of custom printing!!!

My FI and I already bought 1 each! 

Use the link below 

$17 for $70 Worth of Custom-Printing Services from Vistaprint

http://www.groupon.com/deals/vistaprint-dc-6?sd=false&utm_campaign=UserReferral_dp&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu6128920

Shutterfly is having a 50% off deal on hardcover books until July 11. Enter code: X4N8-8GTE-131K-KRDXBP

I've never made a photobook before, so hopefully I can make something decent by the 11th! :)

Hi ladies! My date is 0ct 19, so finally getting closer. We are doing the ceremony and cocktail hour on the beach and reception poolside..any advice on shoes? I wanted a pair of badgley mischka heels forgo walk down the aisle and for the reception. We are planning to kick off our shoes n go barefoot for the actual ceremony. And I was going to get wedge flip flops as back up. But any advice on if you can actually walk down the aisle at the beach in heels? I'm worried about the wood planks and sand. Any advice would be great! Thanks!!