Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#14641 missmely

missmely
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

thanks! we're really happy with them Sara did an amazing job!

Originally Posted by tkuzma 

Congratulations Melissa on a beautiful wedding!!! You have a set of absolute gorgeous photos- you must be so thrilled!  Thank you so much for sharing :)

#14642 MrsKG2B

MrsKG2B
    • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi. Its been a while since ive been on here. Please add me im leaving in 34 days!!!! Cant wait, my wedding is 21st may 2012. Has anyone got any thoughts on the photographer mexican wedding photos. They work with lomas so dont have the extra fee to pay, i was unsure of caribe and thiught about these. Has anyone got any input as i need to book asap. Im after a modern outlook on the photography. Any thoughts or reviews please Thanks rachel xxx

#14643 murmel

murmel
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 1,407 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

murmel, did you have a DJ at your wedding?

We did not have a DJ. My husbands family is really musical, so althought we wanted to dance for a while, we knew once that was over, we would be moving to a different area and having a guitar sing-a-long. (which was a blast) We stationed ourselves in the large hut where the ice cream machine is (bottom of the main staircase from the lobby). Then the waiters would come down every 15 minutes take drink orders from the Mojoito lounge, head up get the drinks and bring them back to us.

As for music: we had prepped playlists on our Ipod. We have a dinner 1, dinner 2, dancing 1, dancing 2, first dance, etc. We rented the amp system ($250 I think), which included speakers, and a mic (we had a lot of speeches and I wanted to make sure everyone could hear.). The resort had a staff member running the amp system. He would set the Ipod to playlist dinner (example) and then when our MC or other guests went up to speak, the staff member faded the music. Once the speech was over he faded the music back on. It was great (and unexpected).

And if anyone is wondering, the resort offers the amp system for your ceremony NO CHARGE. So you can have music on an Ipod to play for your ceremony and a mic, so that all your guests hear your nuptials.

Hope that helps.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#14644 Mnd3A

Mnd3A
      • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Melissa - your wedding was beautiful! Love your dress!

Rachel - I'm getting married on May 19th!!  When are you arriving at AS??  We will have to have a celebration cocktail together!

I married my soulmate on May 19, 2012 at Azul Sensatori surrounded by 97 of our closest family and friends

#14645 MrsKG2B

MrsKG2B
        • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hi!!! We are arriving on the 13th so i have plenty of time to work it all out. Were having a really small wedding compared to yours theres only a total of 6 of us!! Love to meet up for a cocktail or two!! Our wedding colours are lime green and hot pink, all our beach towels are matching pink and green so you should spot us out Rachel x

#14646 janaahb

janaahb
          • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hi ladies,

So now that I have my date, and my place...I am still contemplating whether or not I should have a "private reception"  I really wanted the first dance, and feeling of the dinner being in honor of us.  I will probably have about 35-40 guests  (so far ).  What are everyone's plans in terms of after the ceremony?

We are having the sky deck at 4:00 and I haven't decided on anything else. 

HELP!

#14647 tkuzma

tkuzma
            • 418 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Happy Wedding Day tomorrow Kerry872!!!

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#14648 tkuzma

tkuzma
            • 418 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

MrsKG2B did you figure out a wedding photographer?

janaahb, it's ok- you'll figure it out! :) First I'd suggest working out whether a private reception works with your budget. Then prioritize what aspects of your wedding are an absolute must, nice to have, would be okay if skipped, etc.

I am having a cocktail party after my ceremony and before dinner for my guests while we take pictures, but only because my TA got it for us for free as she is a GI consultant.  I have heard of brides not organizing a set event after the ceremony, and that works out fine as well because you're at an AI so people will find their own ways to be entertained/relax.

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#14649 murmel

murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by MrsKG2B 

Our wedding colours are lime green and hot pink, all our beach towels are matching pink and green so you should spot us out
            Rachel x

Such a cute idea! 

Happy Wedding Day tomorrow Kerry872!!!

Have a wonderful Day Kerry 872! Enjoy every moment 

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#14650 missmely

missmely
            • 151 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

Having seen other semi private weddings and having had a private of my own I would say totally go for the private. Plaza Zavaz is amazing. You don't need to worry about renting a dance floor, etc. Its your wedding and it should totally feel like you're the most important people!

Something to think about.

Originally Posted by janaahb 

Hi ladies,

So now that I have my date, and my place...I am still contemplating whether or not I should have a "private reception"  I really wanted the first dance, and feeling of the dinner being in honor of us.  I will probably have about 35-40 guests  (so far ).  What are everyone's plans in terms of after the ceremony?

We are having the sky deck at 4:00 and I haven't decided on anything else. 

HELP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users