Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#14611 Christined

Christined
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by tkuzma 

If you are there early on the 9, I might still see you- on the 9 sometime later in the day we are moving to El Dorado Maroma for our honeymoon.  It would be so much fun to say a quick hello and to have a drink :)

I am not sure what time we will be there, our flights have not been confirmed yet. But we are also staying for 2 weeks, still deciding whether to move to a different resort or stay at the Azul for 2 weeks. But let's keep in touch and hopefully we can make it happen!

#14612 tkuzma

tkuzma
    • 418 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Mayan Rivieria

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

janaahb, I've added you to the wedding list! to the forum, congrats and good luck with planning! :)

April 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012

amylou1983 - April 20th 2012

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012

June 2012

2ndtimesacharm - June 26, 2012

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

Jennaba3 - September 6th, 2012

October 2012

jsal4 - October 12, 2012

November 2012

December 2012

janaahb - December 12, 2012

January 2013

February 2013

tkuzma - February 7, 2013

Christined - February 12, 2013

March 2013

April 2013

May 2013

kathryn83 - May 5, 2013

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#14613 tkuzma

tkuzma
    • 418 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

How are you April brides making out with your planning? I'm so excited for you girls!!!

My Mayan Riviera Wedding Planning Journal (February 7, 2013)- http://www.bestdesti...ebruary-7-2013/

#14614 slarso13

slarso13
    • 13 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

Hey Ladies. I am officially joining the thread as I have booked my wedding date at AS!! I took the liberty of adding myself to the wedding list!!

-sarah

April 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012

amylou1983 - April 20th 2012

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012

June 2012

2ndtimesacharm - June 26, 2012

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

Jennaba3 - September 6th, 2012

October 2012

jsal4 - October 12, 2012

November 2012

December 2012

janaahb - December 12, 2012

January 2013

February 2013

tkuzma - February 7, 2013

Christined - February 12, 2013

March 2013

April 2013

slarso13-April 20, 2013

May 2013

kathryn83 - May 5, 2013

#14615 amylou1983

amylou1983
      • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

I wish I could say I was ready but the pre-wedding stress has landed.....i found out yesterday that my bridesmaid is staying in a hotel almost 80km away from the hotel we are getting married in so she has at least an hour and half drive there and back (with a baby .....and also pregnant).  Just hope they can hire a car or negotiate a cheap taxi price.

Also Ive finalised and paid for all wedding extras through Lomas travel, only to find an extra family member has dedcided to attend.  I found out LAST NIGHT!!  So I dont have enough name cards, favour boxes, chairs, bows, boutineres, food, drink etc and need to add onto the lomas booking.  There is a 5 hour time difference to consider and we fly out to mexico NEXT Friday!!!  Talk about stressed.

BUT I'm determined not to let these little hitches ruin the day!!!

Just a tip to those who have more time for planning.....no matter how much you plan to perfection, expect some last minute hic-ups and then at least you wont being stressing as much as me!!

xxx

#14616 murmel

murmel
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 1,407 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by amylou1983 

I wish I could say I was ready but the pre-wedding stress has landed.....i found out yesterday that my bridesmaid is staying in a hotel almost 80km away from the hotel we are getting married in so she has at least an hour and half drive there and back (with a baby .....and also pregnant).  Just hope they can hire a car or negotiate a cheap taxi price.

Also Ive finalised and paid for all wedding extras through Lomas travel, only to find an extra family member has dedcided to attend.  I found out LAST NIGHT!!  So I dont have enough name cards, favour boxes, chairs, bows, boutineres, food, drink etc and need to add onto the lomas booking.  There is a 5 hour time difference to consider and we fly out to mexico NEXT Friday!!!  Talk about stressed.

Just a tip to those who have more time for planning.....no matter how much you plan to perfection, expect some last minute hic-ups and then at least you wont being stressing as much as me!!

xxx

Don't worry to much about the extra guests in terms of the food, drink and set up. The WC were awesome with dealing with that (I had 3 extra guests tell me within the last week). As for the name cards, favours....do the best you can (even if it's just a piece of white card stock with their name on it). Don't let this get you down! One week away- so exciting!

As for your bridesmaid and transport. I would suggest she tries to arrange transportation ahead of time, especially if she has a baby and gear in tow. I have been using Lomas transfer for 3 years now, and can say they are fantastic. Always polite, punctual and prices are good. http://www.lomas-travel.com/transfers/  You can even see the prices of Hotel-hotel. Usually it would be about $180-200 roundtrip depending on which hotel she is staying at (with the distance you suggested). My guess the same distance with a cab would likely be $140-160.

Best wishes! 

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#14617 tkuzma

tkuzma
        • 418 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by amylou1983 

xxx

Well said- nothing about a wedding ever goes perfect! I can totally see why you are stressed, but I say once you get down to Mexico try to forget all about it because you will be in paradise; it will be time to focus on you and to enjoy being center of attention; everyone else is responsible enough to sort themselves out! You have a positive attitude, so I'm positive it will all turn out fab!!!

#14618 amylou1983

amylou1983
        • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Thanks for the support people.

I'm trying to not let little things overcome me!!  Cant believe its 10 days until we fly and only 17 days until the big day!!!  Eeeek!!!

x

#14619 janaahb

janaahb
          • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

thanks for the warm welcome.

I just realized i booked a 5:00pm wedding and the sun sets at 5:10.  I am so stressed already and it is like day 2 of planning! Plus I assume we will get some push back because of the midweek wedding from friends and family...

I never imagined this planning would be so mentally taxing!

#14620 tkuzma

tkuzma
            • 418 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by janaahb 

thanks for the warm welcome.

I just realized i booked a 5:00pm wedding and the sun sets at 5:10.  I am so stressed already and it is like day 2 of planning! Plus I assume we will get some push back because of the midweek wedding from friends and family...

I never imagined this planning would be so mentally taxing!

I've seen some lovely pictures of sunset weddings, but I can definitely understand your stress if this is not what you meant to do.  I'd recommend emailing your WC as soon as you can to let them know that you want to change your time. 

I had some people look at me funny when I told them we were having a Thursday wedding, which I never understood.  I mean everyone is going to be there for a week long holiday anyways, so what does it matter on what day you get married?

Yes, wedding planning can be so fun and exciting yet so stressful at the same time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users