ELAINENYC
  • Site Supporter
  • 156 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 10, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riveria Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hi! Michelle - Welcome!

I finally figured out my photographer, but I am still having trouble on videographer and DJ. Any suggestions?? I was thinking about using the on-site DJ. Has anyone heard of any negative things? I recall a bride using DJ Doremixx (?) Was he any good? Is he a preferred vendor? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#14262 Mwise17

Mwise17
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Welcome Michelle!!! 

Hi! Michelle - Welcome!

I finally figured out my photographer, but I am still having trouble on videographer and DJ. Any suggestions?? I was thinking about using the on-site DJ. Has anyone heard of any negative things? I recall a bride using DJ Doremixx (?) Was he any good? Is he a preferred vendor? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files

• Attached File  ella.jpg   233.38KB   47 downloads

#14263 jsal4

jsal4
    • 87 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

Hello! My fiance and I just got back from Mexico two weeks ago. We took a day to look at resorts for our wedding and fell in love with Azul Sensatori. We have our application in for a wedding on October 12, 2012. I cannot say enough wonderful things about AS. Our inspection of the resort lasted one hour. They gave us a tour of the entire resort. Every restaurant we stopped at, they had a special drink waiting for us. There are two major reasons we picked this resort. First, they had their stuff together. Since I am a very type A personality, it made me feel very confident in the resort. (Some of the other resorts we visited had us wait for a while before the tour, I felt like they were not expecting us.) Every person we met was very nice and helpful. Second, the food was great! We were staying at another resort (which was our first choice for the wedding) and the food was not very good. We are big foodies. During our tour at AS we mentioned this and they let us have lunch there. It was great!

If anyone has any questions about the resort, let me know. I asked a lot of questions and the hour tour also provided us with a lot of information.

"Where there is love, there is life."

#14264 KerryL613

KerryL613
      • 113 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

Congrats Mwise!

I had to pay for DJ Doremixx to come onsite.  did you not have to?  Any info will be super helpful as we are leaving in just 3 weeks!

Thanks,

Kerry

Originally Posted by Mwise17 

Welcome Michelle!!!    Happy Planning!

We used DJ doremixx, and honestly, because of the rain, we didn't have too much time to get into music as we moved inside halfway through, but he played the music we asked, and he stayed a tad later then they were supposed to.

I went with Ivan because I had heard great things about him, and they are a preferred vendor, and he is easy to email with (patricia is his secretary and she was super quick to get back to any emails I had).

:)

#14265 mrskatieperry

mrskatieperry
        • 55 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Thanks, jsal4!

I'm looking at Resorts for our wedding and was looking at the NOW resorts, and came across all of your threads...after reading them I came over here to read these threads--you inspired me!  My travel agent is now looking into rates at Azul  Sensatori!  Looks wonderful!

Did you by chance visit Moon Palace or any Palace resorts?

Thanks!  Excited:)

Katie

#14266 Mwise17

Mwise17
          • 528 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

Hello there....Thank you!

Yes, we had to pay the outside vendor fee, which at the time was $500, but I think that AS just made it $800?  (correct me if I am wrong).

Originally Posted by KerryL613 

Congrats Mwise!

I had to pay for DJ Doremixx to come onsite.  did you not have to?  Any info will be super helpful as we are leaving in just 3 weeks!

Thanks,

Kerry

#14267 Mwise17

Mwise17
            • 528 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

If you are a foodie, you are going to REALLY love it there when you get to spend the week!!!  Make sure you check out Le Chique...we did the wine paring and it was unreal!

Originally Posted by jsal4 

Hello! My fiance and I just got back from Mexico two weeks ago. We took a day to look at resorts for our wedding and fell in love with Azul Sensatori. We have our application in for a wedding on October 12, 2012. I cannot say enough wonderful things about AS. Our inspection of the resort lasted one hour. They gave us a tour of the entire resort. Every restaurant we stopped at, they had a special drink waiting for us. There are two major reasons we picked this resort. First, they had their stuff together. Since I am a very type A personality, it made me feel very confident in the resort. (Some of the other resorts we visited had us wait for a while before the tour, I felt like they were not expecting us.) Every person we met was very nice and helpful. Second, the food was great! We were staying at another resort (which was our first choice for the wedding) and the food was not very good. We are big foodies. During our tour at AS we mentioned this and they let us have lunch there. It was great!

If anyone has any questions about the resort, let me know. I asked a lot of questions and the hour tour also provided us with a lot of information.

#14268 Mwise17

Mwise17
              • 528 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Here is my review on AS.  

http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/5247

#14269 ELAINENYC

ELAINENYC
                • Site Supporter
                • 156 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 10, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riveria Maya, Mexico
                • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hi! Thank you for your suggestions and for writing such a detailed review! It was very informative. Out of curiosity, what time did you have your ceremony? I was wondering what time did the sunset? Were you able to at least take pics despite the not so great weather? thx

Originally Posted by Mwise17 

Here is my review on AS.  

http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/5247

#14270 alicia1102

alicia1102
                • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Hi all. Im super excited to have joined this forum. My fiance and i are getting married July 28 2012. I am in love with AS already. Please share opinions of the onsite photographer, videographer and DJ. Thanks in advance, any info and advice is appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users