murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by popo28 

EMERGENCY!!!!!!

So our travel agent just informed me that we have 3 rooms not booked and deadline is FRIDAY!!!!! or we will lose our deposits. Is anyone interested in booking March 7th-14th 2012?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!!

Has anyone else dealt with this before? Is there any way at all for us to get our deposits back? My travel agent said that she deals with a supplier not the hotel so Im assuming its LOMAS.  Is there anything I can do? Call them crying?? Im crying right now. Thats 1200.00 down the drain (200pp was the deposit)

Its so frustrating knowing that more people will book just not by Friday. They only gave us 1 week extension. :(

Please help!

Call your TA again, and see if they can extend the deadline. Also if you know there is anyone planning on going, but hasn't booked yet, maybe try calling and reminding them politely that the deadline is approaching and this is likely the best price they will get.

We ended up losing some money too, but mostly because a lot of our guests ended up managing to fly direct and not having to come through Toronto, like our TA told us! It was very frustrating, since we followed her advice - which was wrong....

And in likelihood the supplier (since you're out of Toronto) will be Sunwing. Ask your TA and if she can't get a longer extension, try calling the supplier directly.

Good luck! 

Melissa....I can't believe it's your turn! So thrilled for you :) Sending you wonderful wishes for a beautiful and enjoyable trip and wedding. Can't  wait to see some pictures when you return. 

Safe travels!  XO Mir 

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#14202 akopka

akopka
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hey lady - I'm so sorry that your agent is stressing you out.  I dont know what your contract says but I would think that they need to give you more time.  We signed our contract months ago and paid $2600 (13 rooms) for a down payment for rooms, and we had until January 6 to get them all booked - and our 'group rate' is good until January 6 as well which is so helpful b/c we filled the 13 rooms and I know there are going to be more that book closer to the date.  It seems pretty ridiculous that they are forcing all that on you right now.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help - just wanted to let you know what my situation was so maybe you could go back to your agent and say "WTF".  Thats what I would do

EMERGENCY!!!!!!

So our travel agent just informed me that we have 3 rooms not booked and deadline is FRIDAY!!!!! or we will lose our deposits. Is anyone interested in booking March 7th-14th 2012?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!!

Has anyone else dealt with this before? Is there any way at all for us to get our deposits back? My travel agent said that she deals with a supplier not the hotel so Im assuming its LOMAS.  Is there anything I can do? Call them crying?? Im crying right now. Thats 1200.00 down the drain (200pp was the deposit)

Its so frustrating knowing that more people will book just not by Friday. They only gave us 1 week extension. :(

Please help!

#14203 missmely

missmely
    • 151 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:48 AM

Hi Murmel,

I saw your review and the pics look awesome! I was wondering if you could tell me how many paper lanterns you used? I'm in the process of buying mine. Also, did you get the led lights from the suppliers listed in the how-to website?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by murmel 

Call your TA again, and see if they can extend the deadline. Also if you know there is anyone planning on going, but hasn't booked yet, maybe try calling and reminding them politely that the deadline is approaching and this is likely the best price they will get.

We ended up losing some money too, but mostly because a lot of our guests ended up managing to fly direct and not having to come through Toronto, like our TA told us! It was very frustrating, since we followed her advice - which was wrong....

And in likelihood the supplier (since you're out of Toronto) will be Sunwing. Ask your TA and if she can't get a longer extension, try calling the supplier directly.

Good luck! 

Melissa....I can't believe it's your turn! So thrilled for you :) Sending you wonderful wishes for a beautiful and enjoyable trip and wedding. Can't  wait to see some pictures when you return. 

Safe travels!  XO Mir 

#14204 murmel

murmel
      • 1,407 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by missmely 

Hi Murmel,

I saw your review and the pics look awesome! I was wondering if you could tell me how many paper lanterns you used? I'm in the process of buying mine. Also, did you get the led lights from the suppliers listed in the how-to website?

Thanks!

Hi,

We used 20 lanterns around the gazebo. (there was also an extra 4 used at our wedding gazebo) You can find more details on my planning journal:

http://www.bestdesti...-template-heavy

The Led's and batteries we ordered from dealextreme.com

Good Luck!

#14205 missmely

missmely
      • 151 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

Excellent thanks so much!

Hi,

We used 20 lanterns around the gazebo. (there was also an extra 4 used at our wedding gazebo) You can find more details on my planning journal:

Good Luck! 

#14206 mbowling

mbowling
        • 123 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

for those of you who brought, or are bringing, starfish with you as decorations, etc., how did you pack them?  I will have about 15 of them and they are aprox. 6-8" in size each.  I am really hoping they all make it down there in 1 piece!

#14207 jennaba3

jennaba3
          • 210 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

Hi,

What size lanterns did you buy? And how many LED lights are needed per lantern?

Thanks

Hi,

Good Luck! 

#14208 missmely

missmely
            • 151 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

Hi there,

My TA recommended packing everything in between your clothes. Even if you had a few and you gave a few to others, I'm sure they'll make it there in one piece!

Originally Posted by mbowling 

for those of you who brought, or are bringing, starfish with you as decorations, etc., how did you pack them?  I will have about 15 of them and they are aprox. 6-8" in size each.  I am really hoping they all make it down there in 1 piece!

#14209 missmely

missmely
              • 151 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:21 AM

I read in the how-to's you need around 3 for an average sized lantern. That's what I ordered, if I need more shipping is always free!

Originally Posted by jennaba3 

Hi,

Thanks

#14210 murmel

murmel
                • 1,407 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by jennaba3 

Hi,

Thanks

We used different sizes....I think 8", 10", 12", 15" and 18". The LED throwies consisted of 3 LEDs, one battery, electric tape, and an alligator clip to keep it all tight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users