Originally Posted by popo28
So our travel agent just informed me that we have 3 rooms not booked and deadline is FRIDAY!!!!! or we will lose our deposits. Is anyone interested in booking March 7th-14th 2012?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!!
Has anyone else dealt with this before? Is there any way at all for us to get our deposits back? My travel agent said that she deals with a supplier not the hotel so Im assuming its LOMAS. Is there anything I can do? Call them crying?? Im crying right now. Thats 1200.00 down the drain (200pp was the deposit)
Its so frustrating knowing that more people will book just not by Friday. They only gave us 1 week extension.
Call your TA again, and see if they can extend the deadline. Also if you know there is anyone planning on going, but hasn't booked yet, maybe try calling and reminding them politely that the deadline is approaching and this is likely the best price they will get.
We ended up losing some money too, but mostly because a lot of our guests ended up managing to fly direct and not having to come through Toronto, like our TA told us! It was very frustrating, since we followed her advice - which was wrong....
And in likelihood the supplier (since you're out of Toronto) will be Sunwing. Ask your TA and if she can't get a longer extension, try calling the supplier directly.
Good luck! Melissa....I can't believe it's your turn! So thrilled for you Sending you wonderful wishes for a beautiful and enjoyable trip and wedding. Can't wait to see some pictures when you return. Safe travels! XO Mir
Melissa....I can't believe it's your turn! So thrilled for you Sending you wonderful wishes for a beautiful and enjoyable trip and wedding. Can't wait to see some pictures when you return.
Safe travels! XO Mir