Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#14021 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:30 AM



Originally Posted by jennaba 

I am having a cocktail party after our ceremony to try and fill some time before our reception. It seems their ceremonys are alot quicker than they would be here in the UK. Im having it at Palapa Yoga. Does anyone know if they will be this area private for us?

It will not be completely private. However I don't think anyone will bother you or your guests. But the Yoga Palapa is in the middle of the beach, with beach beds around it which cannot be moved. The staff do try to ask other guests to walk around the area, not through, but there will still likely be people around. However if you are using it later in the afternoon/evening, it would be almost private since most people would have left the beach by that time.
 

 

Originally Posted by MishMash 

LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!!!  Anyone who has already had a wedding or booked a wedding and received your room contract, was it a huge hassle with ur GI consultant and Karisma to get a contract...  and also, did they tell you all of your guests have to put a deposit down within 10 days of receiving your contract otherwise their rates would change??  If I would have known about all this bs, on top of the ridiculous vendor fees, I may have thought twice about having a wedding there.  It is such a shame because it is truely beautiful place.  Any feedback would be great!!!!

We used a travel agent, and we just put a deposit against 20 rooms for our guests. We did sign a contract (with our travel agent who was a GI consultant), but our guests did not. And our guests had about 3 months to make a reservation and hold a room, and then another 6 months to pay off the balance.  
 

 

 


Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

 

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

 

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

 

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


#14022 MishMash

MishMash
  • Newbie
  • 72 posts

    Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

    Murmel thanks sooo much!!!!! We have a TA but the way she explained it had us thinking our guests only had the 10 days...phew! Thanks again for putting me at ease!



    #14023 mbowling

    mbowling
    • Newbie
    • 123 posts

      Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

      For those of you who brought your own tulle, how much is needed? Did you just bring 1 bolt? I like the look of having 2 pieces of tulle across the sides and top.

       

      Thanks!



      #14024 mbowling

      mbowling
      • Newbie
      • 123 posts

        Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

        looking for some input from all you great brides and brides to be on here :)

         

        We are getting married December 4, 2011 at AS and are having the ceremony on the beach, pictures, etc. but then for the reception we are doing something non-traditional.  We are going on a sunset boat cruise (there are aprox. 40 of us so we get the boat to ourselves) for a couple of hours and then to Maroma beach for dinner.  Apparently there is a saxophone player who plays music on the beach while we eat as well.  I am not sure how many traditional reception 'things' to do, and how to do them, ie first dance, speeches, etc.  I would really love to have some sort of photo or memory book that people sign too, but not sure if I want to bring that to the reception, or maybe have them sign it before they're seated at the ceremony? Any input is appreciated!



        #14025 Mwise17

        Mwise17
        • Member
        • 528 posts

          Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

          Two things.

           

          1. We are going to have someone (not sure if photographer, or wedding party) take pics of people holding up a white board with a written message to us, then we will have the pics printed at home and put in a guest book.  Perhaps you can do the same on the beach for dinner.

           

          2. We are booking the same sunset cruise as our thank you for our guests, are you going through lomas travel?  I am wondering if they have sent you a pic of the catamaran they will be using for your reception?  (or the name?).   I am going back and forth with them right now over the catamaran, it looks a little small for us.

           

          :)

          Happy planning!
           

          Originally Posted by mbowling 

          looking for some input from all you great brides and brides to be on here :)

           

          We are getting married December 4, 2011 at AS and are having the ceremony on the beach, pictures, etc. but then for the reception we are doing something non-traditional.  We are going on a sunset boat cruise (there are aprox. 40 of us so we get the boat to ourselves) for a couple of hours and then to Maroma beach for dinner.  Apparently there is a saxophone player who plays music on the beach while we eat as well.  I am not sure how many traditional reception 'things' to do, and how to do them, ie first dance, speeches, etc.  I would really love to have some sort of photo or memory book that people sign too, but not sure if I want to bring that to the reception, or maybe have them sign it before they're seated at the ceremony? Any input is appreciated!



           



          #14026 Mwise17

          Mwise17
          • Member
          • 528 posts

            Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

            Ladies:

             

            I am kinda freaking....Chris and I both work at a college in the Athletics dept. and the support staff are on STRIKE!!!  With both of us on a reduced income, I am hoping it ends sooner rather than later..or we are going to have to start axing a few of our private events we planned.  (That and I have only done 2 days on the picket line, and I am ready to lose it!!!)

            PS>....whoever said the shoes were the worst to find...I SO know what you mean!  Dress...easy, shoes...not so much!!! 

             

             

            Always trying to end on a positive:  I am finished my DIY chapstick labels, and have them all assembled, and am now working on the paddle fans. 

            :)



            #14027 MishMash

            MishMash
            • Newbie
            • 72 posts

              Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:04 PM


              Thanks!!! Our TA wasn't so clear om the beginning and we are still trying to figure out the contract.  But she finally told us if we want to put a deposit to hold the rooms then they pretty have until March to decide (our wedding is July).  It just didn't seem right to make our guests decide in 10 days when we haven't even sent out invites yet, only save the dates.  Thanks again!!
               

              Originally Posted by Beekmanbride 

              Our TA gave our guests 30 days to reserve there room with $100 deposit and they were allowed to pay over 7 months.

               

              Message me if you want her info



               



              #14028 KerryL613

              KerryL613
              • Newbie
              • 113 posts

                Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:46 AM


                Hey!

                 

                This is a quote from my wedding coordinator.  i ended up bying my own from papermart.com.  Best prices and color choice i could find after months of comparing..

                 

                "what type of fabric do you use for the sheers?  how long is it?  Organza, they are 12 M x 1.5 M. "

                 


                 

                Originally Posted by mbowling 

                For those of you who brought your own tulle, how much is needed? Did you just bring 1 bolt? I like the look of having 2 pieces of tulle across the sides and top.

                 

                Thanks!



                 



                #14029 mbowling

                mbowling
                • Newbie
                • 123 posts

                  Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:01 PM


                  Yes, that's what I got from my wedding coordinator too, I was just wondering if that is enough for the whole thing or is that how much one piece is, and therefore I would need to bring twice that much??
                   

                  Originally Posted by KerryL613 


                  Hey!

                   

                  This is a quote from my wedding coordinator.  i ended up bying my own from papermart.com.  Best prices and color choice i could find after months of comparing..

                   

                  "what type of fabric do you use for the sheers?  how long is it?  Organza, they are 12 M x 1.5 M. "

                   


                   



                   



                   



                  #14030 KerryL613

                  KerryL613
                  • Newbie
                  • 113 posts

                    Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:11 AM


                    I took it that it was the measurement for one sheer.  I got two bolts, one hot pink, one peach and they are super light and will fit into the suit case.

                     

                    hope that helps!
                     

                    Originally Posted by mbowling 


                    Yes, that's what I got from my wedding coordinator too, I was just wondering if that is enough for the whole thing or is that how much one piece is, and therefore I would need to bring twice that much??
                     



                     



                     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users