Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

:)

Happy secret wedding day (if its a secret??)

lol

Originally Posted by justiner57 View Post

Ladies, today is the day we are going to the court house to legally sign our marriage license. We are both a little nervous as we don't really know what to expect and wish that we could just do it all the same day down in Mexico. But none the less we are excited, not doing anything crazy or even taking pictures. We want our wedding day to be the day we celebrate and make everything official in our minds :)

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

Miriam?  any other past brides that did a private reception....

I want to send out a card (as you did Miriam) in your pre-travel mail out, but they need everyones entree choice 45 days before the wedding????  really?  I would have to send my mail out like, ....yesterday!!!

You will need to choose one appetizer and one dessert for all of your guests to have.  You are able to choose 2 Entrées for your guests to choose from however, you must provide me with me with the entrée count 45 days prior to your wedding day.  You will also need to provide the staff with entrée indicators so that they can determine who has which entrée.

I think they had told me the same thing. But in the end I got it down to 21 days in advance (3 weeks). And then I ended up added 3 guests less than 14 days away, and they let me choose their meals as well.  Perhaps if you tell your WC that you will not be able to reach the 45 day mark, they will change it for you???

Can you send out emails to your guests? Maybe almost like an e-invite/or e-card, so that it gets out sooner? And they them to RSVP like ASAP? Big piece of advice, add at the bottom, "if I do not get your response by September 1 (?), you will automatically receive meal choice A." Then you are not waiting for people to reply and you can tell your WC the numbers promptly on that date.

I will ask her for sure....hopefully she lets me do the 21 days...all I have to do for my mail out is burn my CD's, and print the pre-travel brochure, everything else is ready to go.

I took your advice and put that on the bottom, I remember you telling me that at the restaurant, and thought it was a great idea.

Thanks a heeping ton!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

I think they had told me the same thing. But in the end I got it down to 21 days in advance (3 weeks). And then I ended up added 3 guests less than 14 days away, and they let me choose their meals as well.  Perhaps if you tell your WC that you will not be able to reach the 45 day mark, they will change it for you???

Can you send out emails to your guests? Maybe almost like an e-invite/or e-card, so that it gets out sooner? And they them to RSVP like ASAP? Big piece of advice, add at the bottom, "if I do not get your response by September 1 (?), you will automatically receive meal choice A." Then you are not waiting for people to reply and you can tell your WC the numbers promptly on that date.

Originally Posted by LauraandBrian View Post

Can anyone advise on affordable photographers... I just received pricing that was starting at $5000 for the most basic package... (this is way above what I was expecting).... maybe I am naive .... is this the standard rate?

It really depends on what you're looking for, but for comparison, we had a 4 hour package from Matias Cano (he's one of the approved photographers) for $1950.  We were very happy with him.

Wow... that is much more affordable (you have calmed my tears)... Do they do trash the dress as well?

Originally Posted by karlaandmark View Post

It really depends on what you're looking for, but for comparison, we had a 4 hour package from Matias Cano (he's one of the approved photographers) for $1950.  We were very happy with him.

Can anyone advise on affordable photographers... I just received pricing that was starting at $5000 for the most basic package... (this is way above what I was expecting).... maybe I am naive .... is this the standard rate?

I know the feeling, when I started looking at photographers in Mexico, I was finding rates from $900 to $12,000!!! So it's really hard to tell what the real price is. In the end, the photos were very important to us, so we made the decision to go with a photographer whose style we liked. Then we compared prices of the top 5. In the end it cost us less, to fly a local photographer from home down with us. Our total cost was about $3500, and included photos from our cocktail party, full wedding day (about 10 hours) and TTD.

A couple things you should be aware of when looking for a photographer:

-is it a style you like (ie. posed photos, journalistic, lots of photo editing)

-how many hours will be required (ie. do you want photos of you getting ready?, just the wedding ceremony, reception, etc.) Be realistic, a minimum of 4 hours will likely get you the ceremony and photos of family/friends and you after the ceremony.

- is TTD extra?. Is there extra charge to come back out another day? (since usually you would do the TTD a day or two after the wedding)

- do you own the rights to your photos? Or do you have to order every single photo from the photographer?? (this was a major point for us. I wanted to have all my photos on a CD, so that I could decide what I wanted to do with the photos. For example I made photobooks for all our grandparents as gifts, since none of them could attend.

Good luck!

Quote:

Wow... that is much more affordable (you have calmed my tears)... Do they do trash the dress as well?

I'm not sure what the cost would be for that.  I didn't ask, though I do love the idea.  He took 1200 photos, and ended up staying probably an hour or so over the 4 hours in our package.  He came to my room for the getting ready shots, then headed down to the beach for pictures of the guys and guests arriving.  We took pictures with all the guests after the ceremony, then just the 2 of us at various spots around the resort, then our dinner reception at Spoon.  Our package included photos on a CD, as well as prints in various sizes.  For the record, we also have 1000+ pictures from the week that were taken by us and our guests - we're having a really hard time deciding which prints to order!  Good luck with your decision!