Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#13631 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
  • Member
  • 789 posts

    Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

    Good point, Mwise17 about the DJ. That's great that Doremixx comes with party favors!
     

    Originally Posted by Mwise17 

    I am pretty sure that Del Sol is on the banned list to Azul S., not sure about Azul Beach though, I would look into it.

     

    I have booked Luckie Photography for our up coming wedding in October, and went with DJ Doremixx (I also heard there might be a ban on DJ Doremixx now as well....things to ask your WC)

     

    I went with Luckie because the price was right, he seemed super passionate about capturing the day how YOU want it to look, and past brides that used him loved his work.

     

    I went with Doremixx over Mannia because of price mainly.  I heard great things about both, but I liked that Doremixx included little favors like balloons/masks etc. for the guests to get down with.

    :)



     



    #13632 Jessie

    Jessie
    • Jr. Member
    • 231 posts

      Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

      I booked Doremixx.  AS was resistent bc they are allegedly banned from the resort now, but they finally agreed.  Even with with outside vendor fee (my contract is under the old vendor fee of $500, before it was raised to $800), Doremixx was cheaper than AS's preferred DJ (who does not get good reviews).  I've made it a point to complain  (to my WC and TA) about their ridiculous vendor fees, the quality of their preferred vendors, and their seeming inability to maintain relationships with quality outside photographers and DJs.  And I will continue to do so anytime I am able to have a conversation with others in the Karisma organization.  They need to start thinking about some of their ridiculous policies.

       

      That being said, it seems that the past brides have all been very happy with their weddings at AS and AB, so I know everything will work out beautifully, no matter what.  It's just the planning can be frustrating at times!



      #13633 justiner57

      justiner57
      • Jr. Member
      • 151 posts

        Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

        Past brides, where is the coolest place in the resort (lounge/restaurant) to hang out after the wedding? We want to have an after party just not sure where to tell everyone to go?

         

        Thanks


        Justine & Konrad ~ September 4, 2011 @ Azul Sensatori Resort
        ** 48 Guests Booked & Final **


        #13634 KerryL613

        KerryL613
        • Newbie
        • 113 posts

          Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

          I had the same situation and outcome as Jessie!  be persistant!  Also, I am going with Juan Navvaro for pics.  i love his work and style and he was able to come onsite, but with the vendor fee!  Check out his blog for an idea of his style!  (Google his name and you will find him.  He is also a vendor on here!)

           

          Originally Posted by Jessie 

          I booked Doremixx.  AS was resistent bc they are allegedly banned from the resort now, but they finally agreed.  Even with with outside vendor fee (my contract is under the old vendor fee of $500, before it was raised to $800), Doremixx was cheaper than AS's preferred DJ (who does not get good reviews).  I've made it a point to complain  (to my WC and TA) about their ridiculous vendor fees, the quality of their preferred vendors, and their seeming inability to maintain relationships with quality outside photographers and DJs.  And I will continue to do so anytime I am able to have a conversation with others in the Karisma organization.  They need to start thinking about some of their ridiculous policies.

           

          That being said, it seems that the past brides have all been very happy with their weddings at AS and AB, so I know everything will work out beautifully, no matter what.  It's just the planning can be frustrating at times!



           



          #13635 KerryL613

          KerryL613
          • Newbie
          • 113 posts

            Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

            Shipping to Mexico...

             

            Have any past brides done this?  Any future bride's planning to do so?  We are going to be in Mexico for two weeks, so I am starting to get nervous about packing 80 maracas, napkins, sand ceremony and all of the OOT's as well as candle holders.

             

            Thoughts would be great!



            #13636 melfaybik

            melfaybik
            • Jr. Member
            • 187 posts

              Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

              Hi!

               

              We just got a some Teaser photos from our photographer! Samuel Luna was our photographer...  IMG_0081.jpg         IMG_0309.jpg

              IMG_0161.jpg

              IMG_0233.jpg

              IMG_0340.jpg

              IMG_0402.jpg

              IMG_0359.jpg

              IMG_0367.jpg

              IMG_0417.jpg

              IMG_8845a.jpg

              IMG_8859.jpg

              IMG_9041.jpg

              IMG_9194.jpg



              #13637 melfaybik

              melfaybik
              • Jr. Member
              • 187 posts

                Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

                Attention Azul Beach Hotel Brides!

                 

                The Sky/Wedding Terrace is complete at Azul Beach Hotel...See below for a photo.  It looks pretty nice and similar to the AS Sky Terrace.

                 

                264105_10150307435171214_126795226213_9385282_5030656_n.jpg



                #13638 msucooper

                msucooper
                • Jr. Member
                • 196 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 13, 2017
                • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

                Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

                BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

                 

                Originally Posted by melfaybik 

                Attention Azul Beach Hotel Brides!

                 

                The Sky/Wedding Terrace is complete at Azul Beach Hotel...See below for a photo.  It looks pretty nice and similar to the AS Sky Terrace.

                 

                264105_10150307435171214_126795226213_9385282_5030656_n.jpg



                 



                #13639 MaggieandJay

                MaggieandJay
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,029 posts

                  Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:26 AM



                  Originally Posted by justiner57 

                  Past brides, where is the coolest place in the resort (lounge/restaurant) to hang out after the wedding? We want to have an after party just not sure where to tell everyone to go?

                   

                  Thanks


                  We had our 65 person group split in 2 - The older half went to the Mojita Bar and the younger half went to the Disco; Everyone had a FAB Time!
                   

                   



                  Originally Posted by KerryL613 

                  Shipping to Mexico...

                   

                  Have any past brides done this?  Any future bride's planning to do so?  We are going to be in Mexico for two weeks, so I am starting to get nervous about packing 80 maracas, napkins, sand ceremony and all of the OOT's as well as candle holders.

                   

                  Thoughts would be great!


                  Don't quote me on this but my WC told me that the resort would not accept or hold shipments but I also never fought it I just downsized
                   

                   


                  Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

                  #13640 amylou1983

                  amylou1983
                  • Newbie
                  • 18 posts

                    Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

                    Hi Ladies,

                     

                    Really disappointed as I have just learnt that we would have to pay a total of $1600 outside vendor fees alone if we opt for DJ Mania / Doremixx and Elizabeth Medina for photography.  I find this scandalous!!  Can anyone shed any light on the justification for paying $1600 dollar fees on top of the DJ and photographers own fees?  Am devastated to say the least.  Anyone been through or going through the same situation? 






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users