#1351 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
  • Banned
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solidshan83
    Click the image to open in full size.

These are the favors my GF mage for me for my home party...what do guys think?
    $3/each
    Wow! Those are great! And what a great price! Turquoise is my color too!

#1352 katken

katken
    • 268 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hi Andrea (or anyone else that may have already have had their wedding),

Did you use the DJ? How was it? I feel overwhelmed at the thought of loading an iPod, managing the iPod, making sure the music flows. I'd like to use the DJ but the song list provided way back in this thread does make me a little nervous....

Thanks in advanced for your help!

#1353 Mrs.StephP.2Be

Mrs.StephP.2Be
      • 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

Hello Ladies!

We're back and we're MARRIED!

Just wanted to write a quick note to let you all know there is nothing to worry about. We had such a good time! The resort is beautiful, the service was excellent, the food was sooo good and most important the wedding was amazing!

I will write a more detailed review as soon as possible, but in the mean time ignore the nasty people on TripAdvisor :)

#1354 rtswan

rtswan
        • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mrs.StephP.2Be
          Hello Ladies!

Just wanted to write a quick note to let you all know there is nothing to worry about. We had such a good time! The resort is beautiful, the service was excellent, the food was sooo good and most important the wedding was amazing!

I will write a more detailed review as soon as possible, but in the mean time ignore the nasty people on TripAdvisor :)

Congratulations!!! and glad to hear that you had a wonderful time

#1355 27 desses

27 desses
          • 63 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:11 AM

I have been reading some of the threads to my FI about what some of you are spending and he is starting it get his panties in a bunch! LOL
            He is worried that our budget is too low (because apparently I want "everything" LOL), the whole idea for going away to get married was to save money but now it looks like that might not happen and he is not happy about that.
            Here's hoping that we don't go toooo over budget because I don't think I can handle a year of talking about being over budget!!!!

#1356 natalie ann

natalie ann
            • 35 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

Hey, you can't count your trip expense, that's your honeymoon honeymoon! Your wedding cost is everything for the day event. We are at $8,000 not counting clothes. That's for the $ 60 choice surf & turf menu for 55 of us.
              Only $1000 for photographer, a classical guitarist, and DJ.

#1357 Solidshan83

Solidshan83
              • 103 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Quote:
                Hello Ladies!

Congrats!!!!!!! Can not wait to see and hear all the details! Do you know if Fabio is back yet?

#1358 jhawkev

jhawkev
                • 124 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by aspeed7309@gmail.com
                  Anyone doing the set menu for $12/person? I was wondering if this is still considered a "private dinner" so they still provide all tables, chairs etc....
                  We are doing one of the set menus, either the $30ish or $50ish one. It seemed the easiest way to go for me because it includes 3 courses and the International bar/coffee which I thought was the most reasonable. I'm not really considering a cocktail hour, because I just don't think there is enough time. Our wedding is at 5 pm and you only have 4 hours for a reception and I think they have to be over no matter what by 11pm (is that right?).

Does anyone have an idea of what their timeline for the evening will be?

Quote:
                  Hello Ladies!

CONGRATS!!! Thank you for taking the time to do a quick post, can't wait to hear the details :)

#1359 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
                  • Banned
                  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

Quote:
                    Hello Ladies!

CONGRATS from one Calgarian to another! I can hardly wait to read your review and see your photos!

#1360 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
                    • Banned
                    • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

[QUOTE=jhawkev;662684]We are doing one of the set menus, either the $30ish or $50ish one. It seemed the easiest way to go for me because it includes 3 courses and the International bar/coffee which I thought was the most reasonable. I'm not really considering a cocktail hour, because I just don't think there is enough time. Our wedding is at 5 pm and you only have 4 hours for a reception and I think they have to be over no matter what by 11pm (is that right?).

Does anyone have an idea of what their timeline for the evening will be?

Hi jhawkev, yes, apparently at this time the outdoor receptions must be done by 11pm, no exceptions. I'm hoping that over the next few months they may relax that rule and allow a midnight finish. I think we're going to plan on heading into Puerto Morelos to a cantina/bar to keep the party rolling!

I'm having a bit of a dilemma with the timing too. Our ceremony is scheduled for 4pm (3pm was already booked over a year in advance!!!)...here is what I'm thinking for timing:

4pm ceremony - finish by 430 (or earlier!)
                      430-600pm cocktail hour with hordoerves/Mariachi band (and photo time)
                      600-730pmish dinner
                      8-ish-11pm - party!!!!

However, if anyone has any brilliant ideas I'd love to hear them!

I don't have a clue when the traditional time is for any speeches, can someone let me know? I am hoping to be able to afford firedancers, and if so, not sure where to fit them into the program. I need to study up on what the traditional program is for the wedding day so I don't forget to do anything important. Does anyone have a document with this info they could share? Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users