Meldrum05 - April 14, 2012

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012  

#13512 Maritza919

Maritza919
    • 421 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:43 AM

Hi Girls!!!! We're back!!!!  I'm sorry that it took me so long to check in, but after we returned from our Honeymoon...long story short we attended two funerals, a wake, a college graduation, and I had a birthday.  Needless to say, we came back home and got slapped in the face by reality FAST.

I am almost done with my review and I am amazed by how long it is!  It made me realize that I actually thought more about our AS experience than I initially thought. :-)  I have to brag a little and tell you all that not only did we have a wonderful time, but bryteeyedbride is the BEST bridal twin a gal could ever ask for!  I feel so blessed to have met her, connected with all of your wonderful ladies, and to have been fortunate to celebrate our unions with such a warm human being.  Our photographer told my Mom that never in her life had she witnessed two brides so geniunely kind and excited for one another on the same day.  :-)  She told my Mom, "Bride's don't usually want to share their day with anyone and I have NEVER seen anything as beautiful as their interactions!"  When we returned home, my Mom shared this with me and it reassured me that this forum works and that all my late nights on here weren't in vain. I hope this brings a smile to all of your faces and gives you a glimmer of how wonderful this experience can and should be for you.

Until I get my review done, below is a photo of my Dad walking me down the aisle and the other is of my new Husband, me, and my Dad.  I haven't had the time to look at our shared site yet, due to the events I listed above as well as returning to work..... but I will post them as time permits.  

It was a beautiful day and I know you've read it before time and time again, but it is worth saying again.... DO NOT STRESS and ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THIS PROCESS because it is gone before you know it!  

Dad and I_Black and White.jpg

The 3 of Us

Kiss with Hubby

My Hubby

Honey, do not fret.... we hired Mannia and were not pleased.  So you're not missing out on much there.  He was also late....which mattered quite a tad.  I am not sure of your music tastes, but they did not understand our crowd and our music tastes.  I have written up a review of our DJ experience and hope to post it tomorrow.  We saw Mannia during two receptions and they were rocking the receptions!  If you can, go with them.....if Karisma has banned them, try your damndest to get your WC to tell you the names of the DJ's that they hire so that you can review them beforehand if possible.

Gorgeous pictures! You looked stunning! Congratulations! Can't wait to read your review :)

#13513 amylou1983

amylou1983
      • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

Please can you add me:  20th April 2012.

Thanks

#13514 Mwise17

Mwise17
        • 528 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

MHO:  I think it would be neat to have some pink and pink....some gold and gold.....

:)

Originally Posted by justiner57 

Ladies,

I need help deciding what to do about chair sashes and table runners. I have found a lady that is going to make our exact colors for a really good price. Our colors are pink, gold & ivory. can't decided if I want to do all the table runners pink and all the chair sashes gold. Or if I want to mix and match. Some tables pink runner & pink chair sashes and others gold on gold. What do you ladies think? Which would look better?

#13515 Mwise17

Mwise17
          • 528 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

You look beautiful!  Love the colors (close to mine)....can't wait to see more pics (please please post some more! :)

Congrats, so happy to hear it was all you wanted it to be and more!

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach 

Hi Girls!!!! We're back!!!!  I'm sorry that it took me so long to check in, but after we returned from our Honeymoon...long story short we attended two funerals, a wake, a college graduation, and I had a birthday.  Needless to say, we came back home and got slapped in the face by reality FAST.

I am almost done with my review and I am amazed by how long it is!  It made me realize that I actually thought more about our AS experience than I initially thought. :-)  I have to brag a little and tell you all that not only did we have a wonderful time, but bryteeyedbride is the BEST bridal twin a gal could ever ask for!  I feel so blessed to have met her, connected with all of your wonderful ladies, and to have been fortunate to celebrate our unions with such a warm human being.  Our photographer told my Mom that never in her life had she witnessed two brides so geniunely kind and excited for one another on the same day.  :-)  She told my Mom, "Bride's don't usually want to share their day with anyone and I have NEVER seen anything as beautiful as their interactions!"  When we returned home, my Mom shared this with me and it reassured me that this forum works and that all my late nights on here weren't in vain. I hope this brings a smile to all of your faces and gives you a glimmer of how wonderful this experience can and should be for you.

Until I get my review done, below is a photo of my Dad walking me down the aisle and the other is of my new Husband, me, and my Dad.  I haven't had the time to look at our shared site yet, due to the events I listed above as well as returning to work..... but I will post them as time permits.  

It was a beautiful day and I know you've read it before time and time again, but it is worth saying again.... DO NOT STRESS and ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THIS PROCESS because it is gone before you know it!  

The 3 of Us

Kiss with Hubby

My Hubby

Honey, do not fret.... we hired Mannia and were not pleased.  So you're not missing out on much there.  He was also late....which mattered quite a tad.  I am not sure of your music tastes, but they did not understand our crowd and our music tastes.  I have written up a review of our DJ experience and hope to post it tomorrow.  We saw Mannia during two receptions and they were rocking the receptions!  If you can, go with them.....if Karisma has banned them, try your damndest to get your WC to tell you the names of the DJ's that they hire so that you can review them beforehand if possible.

#13516 murmel

murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:07 AM

Welcome back Mrs. bigboponthebeach! So glad you had a great time, and it is true. There are so many beautiful women on this site, and everyone is so happy and supportive of each other.

Can't wait to see more pictures, but I totally understand the situation (been having a very similar spring/early summer)

Love your dress! You look stunning.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#13517 MandM 2011

MandM 2011
            • Site Supporter
            • 45 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

BigBogonthebeach - beyond being gorgeous, you are simply glowing and your Dad looks so young!

Thanks for your words of assurance and I am trying my hardest to get the DJ info - we have even negotiated an amazing Rate at both the Barcelo & the Iberostar, where we can have Doremixx and whatever photographer we want on the side, in case Lomas doesn't come through.  It would be a shame to move...so keep your fingers crossed!

Wishing everyone a happy hump day :)

Originally Posted by Mwise17 

You look beautiful!  Love the colors (close to mine)....can't wait to see more pics (please please post some more! :)

Congrats, so happy to hear it was all you wanted it to be and more!

MandM Nov 24 2011, Azul Beach, 39 Rooms booked!

#13518 mbowling

mbowling
              • 123 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

so beautiful!! Looks like you have such a great time! I LOVE you sand ceremony frame - where did you get it?

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach 

The 3 of Us

Kiss with Hubby

My Hubby

#13519 bigboponthebeach

bigboponthebeach
                • 456 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Okay, ladies.... my review is up but I warn you, it is LONG!!!  It might be in your best interest to just print it out and read it at your leisure.  :-)  I never imagined having that much to say, but once I got rolling, I kept saying to myself, "Might as well tell them this, might as well tell them that....."  ;-)  I apologize for the length and hope it helps.  I also included a quasi - spolier alert essentially stating that I am a brutally honest person, so for those who'd prefer the "head in the clouds" approach, you might want to skim or avoid my review.  There is nothing overtly negative that would deter one from booking AS nor being excited about their wedding at AS, I just covered every base with details of the good and not so great.  I'd rather have a bride prepared and aware of possibilities than not.  Again, I hope it helps!  Here it is or click below my signature:

Gorgeous pictures! You looked stunning! Congratulations! Can't wait to read your review :)

Thank you!  It's up and ready for your reading pleasure! :-) 

Originally Posted by murmel 

Welcome back Mrs. bigboponthebeach! So glad you had a great time, and it is true. There are so many beautiful women on this site, and everyone is so happy and supportive of each other.

Can't wait to see more pictures, but I totally understand the situation (been having a very similar spring/early summer)

BigBogonthebeach - beyond being gorgeous, you are simply glowing and your Dad looks so young!

Thanks for your words of assurance and I am trying my hardest to get the DJ info - we have even negotiated an amazing Rate at both the Barcelo & the Iberostar, where we can have Doremixx and whatever photographer we want on the side, in case Lomas doesn't come through.  It would be a shame to move...so keep your fingers crossed!

Wishing everyone a happy hump day :)

Thanks so much!  Everyone says that and he eats it up!  He is actually eligible for retirement, believe it or not.  He takes REALLY good care of himself, works out daily, and doesn't eat pork or fried foods.  He believes in having a salad daily and walks each night after dinner.  I hope to be like him when I grow up.  :-)  Some who saw our photos, thought he was my Husband!  LOL  Sorry, all he needs is a wig and we are twins.  :-) 

I wrote about my DJ thoughts in my review.  I really hate that something as trivial as a vendor takes on such a life, but Karisma has created that unecessary chaos.  :-/  I will keep my fingers crossed for you!  Who is your WC?  PM me if you want to talk more about this.......

Originally Posted by mbowling 

so beautiful!! Looks like you have such a great time! I LOVE you sand ceremony frame - where did you get it?

Thank you, my BF found it online after I showed her an inspiration photo.  We searched high and low in stores and online for it and could not find it anywhere.  She ended up finding it on a site similar to Ebay and we actually handpainted our nautilus shell box holders to match the frame.  It was tough making that want come true.  :-)

#13520 brit canuck

brit canuck
                  • 50 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

brit canuck - Oct 31, 2011

Originally Posted by kerry872 

Well guys i have had to go way back to find the latest list. I noticed it had been ages since anyone had updated it.

Anyone missing either update it or let me know and i can update it.

June 2011

ginnigurl - June 4, 2011

Lovethebeach10 - June 5th 2011

gom4good - June 9th 2011

jazz04 – June 12, 2011

tundereha = June 12, 2011

Mrs Goose - June 25th 2011

July 2011

Stephanie July 3rd, 2011

karlaandmark July 19th 2011

LMMDC – July 23, 2011

Lynsey – July 25, 2011 (EDR)

LauraMInn - July 30, 2011 (AB)

August 2011

Herbie76 – August 2, 2011

Jwashing - August 6, 2011

September 2011

Justiner57 September 4 2011

October 2011

1106wedding - October 22, 2011

mwise17 - October 24,2011

jerseylili - October 29, 2011 AVC

November 2011

Jesse Nov 12, 2011

Nada Nov 15 2011

December 2011

KerryL613 December 3 2011 - AB

February 2012

msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012

papertaco - Feb 18, 2012

March 2012

popo28 – March 10 , 2012

April 2012

Maritza919 April 7, 2012

Kerry872 - April 11 2012

May 2012

Jennabug May 5th 2012

Mnd3A - May 19 2012  

Marrying my lobster October 31, 2011 - could I be more excited?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users