We're booked! May 7th 2010!

Riviera Maya, Mexico

#1302 jhawkev

jhawkev
    • 124 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:00 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
      Can you add me too? I just decided! May 8th 2010Thanks!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LivvandScot
      We're booked! May 7th 2010!
      Welcome Ladies :)

So have people thought about doing a Unity Candle (maybe too windy) or Sand Ceremony?
      What other options are there?

#1303 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
      • 4,512 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

I'm doing the sand ceremony. I thought it would be something unique. I didn't know that there was the option of the unity candle. They're Both good ideas. Unfortunately I can't find where I saw the sand ceremony as an option. Anyone know where its listed?
        *Formerly Nikki07*
        My Planning Thread

#1304 chloe

chloe
        • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nikki07
          I'm doing the sand ceremony. I thought it would be something unique. I didn't know that there was the option of the unity candle. They're Both good ideas. Unfortunately I can't find where I saw the sand ceremony as an option. Anyone know where its listed?
          We are doing the sand ceremony to. You just have to request it. The cost is $40.

#1305 jennik13

jennik13
          • 118 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

Can someone please provide me with a list of hotels in the same area as Azul Sensatori? My Uncle is inquiring, I think he thinks he will get a better deal somewhere else even if he has to pay $72 day fee. Thank you!

PS...has anyone checked out American Airlines recently - their flight prices went wayyy down!

Jenni

#1306 moore.vj1

moore.vj1
            • 34 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jennik13
              Can someone please provide me with a list of hotels in the same area as Azul Sensatori? My Uncle is inquiring, I think he thinks he will get a better deal somewhere else even if he has to pay $72 day fee. Thank you!

PS...has anyone checked out American Airlines recently - their flight prices went wayyy down!

Jenni
              Jenni,

Thanks for the heads up on the flight!! Do you think they will go down more? I may book anyways just in case.

Regarding the rooms, has anyone found anywhere online where the rates are cheaper per room? I have a few people who are paying for families of 5 and need cheaper rates....especially with this ecomomy. Please send me you TA's name or a website where they are selling room rates cheaper than $180 per night!

Thanks

Valerie

#1307 chloe

chloe
              • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be
                I just checked my email and last I heard from Fabio was on 11/25.
                I had sent him a request of locations on 11/6 after our site visit, when he did finally write back didn't mention anything about it. He asked that I send him my date, time and type of ceremony so we could start on the details sheet. Of course I emailed him that information and hadn't heard anything since.
                As usual, I'm waiting patiently!
                We are leaving next week and I still have some trouble getting Fabio to get back in touch with me, although he does now within a few days. When I was requesting locations, my TA intervened and was able to get in touch with him and act as my liason. And during the earlier process, if I really wanted something secured (like the photographer) it was again my TA who was able to get in touch with him and make that happen for me. My phone calls/ emails went unanswered. I think he is dealing with almost EVERYTHING. It is too much. Why is the hotel not getting him more Help? Us brides are big business for the hotel. We deserve a little more attention.

#1308 aspeed7309@gmail.com

aspeed7309@gmail.com
                • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

Sorry to change the subject but I haven't sent invitations yet and need suggestions and samples on what others have done ASAP. I did an emailed STD which has worked well. We are having a reception when we get back. I don't know etiquitte on who to send what to or if you send a formal invite to all even if they aren't going to Mexico. We get married in May and I want to have a formal invite sent out by the end of this month. Then I was thinking I would send a reminder STD mexico postcard when we get back for the reception.... I also struggle with the wording because even though it's a non traditional wedding I want the traditional wording as my parents are paying and I feel the need to mention them. Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.

#1309 jhawkev

jhawkev
                  • 124 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by aspeed7309@gmail.com
                    Sorry to change the subject but I haven't sent invitations yet and need suggestions and samples on what others have done ASAP. I did an emailed STD which has worked well. We are having a reception when we get back. I don't know etiquitte on who to send what to or if you send a formal invite to all even if they aren't going to Mexico. We get married in May and I want to have a formal invite sent out by the end of this month. Then I was thinking I would send a reminder STD mexico postcard when we get back for the reception.... I also struggle with the wording because even though it's a non traditional wedding I want the traditional wording as my parents are paying and I feel the need to mention them. Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.
                    Is your screen name your email? I will send you a copy of ours. I'm getting ready to send them out right now. I was freaking out because I've had them for a few weeks now and hadn't sent them. But I read on the Knot that even with a Destination Wedding you send out invites only 10-12 weeks before. We did Save the Date as well.

What we did because I wanted something w/ formal wording too, was have two pages. The first one being the formal invite w/ my parents names and the second page is a boarding pass that I figured guest would put on the fridge for a reminder.

I think the Postcard idea is great too.

#1310 aspeed7309@gmail.com

aspeed7309@gmail.com
                    • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I would love to see them. My screen name is my email aspeed7309@gmail.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users