Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#12831 karlaandmark

karlaandmark
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

It is true, some countries won't let you enter if your passport expires in less than 6 months.  China is one, but I'm not sure which others.

Originally Posted by Mwise17 

My FI's stepfather said that passports actually expire 6 months before the expiry date...is this true?????  He said they don't allow you to travel, but I have never heard of this...haven't looked into it yet, but curious if I am the only one that didn't know about this, or he is pulling this info. out of his A*%

:)

#12832 LauraandBrian

LauraandBrian
    • 51 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hi Everyone!!!

I have not confirmed yet at AS but it is my number 1 choice!!

Did anyone book the Sky Wedding?? Do they allow for cocktail hour after the ceremony??

#12833 murmel

murmel
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 1,407 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

My FI's stepfather said that passports actually expire 6 months before the expiry date...is this true?????  He said they don't allow you to travel, but I have never heard of this...haven't looked into it yet, but curious if I am the only one that didn't know about this, or he is pulling this info. out of his A*%

Most countries want you to have a passport that is valid to ensure safe passage back home.

I found this just doing a search for Mexican tourist requirements:

Passport Validity

The maximum period of time that a visitor may stay in Mexico without a formal visa is six months. Therefore your passport, regardless of country of origin, should be valid for a minimum period of six months, however long you intend to stay to avoid any potential problems at the port of entry.

Immigration authorities at the port of entry may allow or deny entry of any person into Mexico. If you have a passport that is valid for less than six months and you intend to stay in Mexico for a short period of time—perhaps a vacation—the Immigration Officer might allow you entry.

Notwithstanding this, we recommend that you and your family members hold passports valid for at least six months from the date you plan to enter Mexico.

Tisha: Really hoping your flight got out this morning! It was blowing a gale up here, and a ton of flights were delayed out of Toronto! Hopefully you are enjoying the Mexican sun right now!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#12834 Mwise17

Mwise17
      • 528 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

Thanks so much!  I am going to have to post this on my website!!!!  You totally did the legwork for me...how much do I owe you? 
        ;)

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by murmel 

Most countries want you to have a passport that is valid to ensure safe passage back home.

I found this just doing a search for Mexican tourist requirements:

Passport Validity

The maximum period of time that a visitor may stay in Mexico without a formal visa is six months. Therefore your passport, regardless of country of origin, should be valid for a minimum period of six months, however long you intend to stay to avoid any potential problems at the port of entry.

Immigration authorities at the port of entry may allow or deny entry of any person into Mexico. If you have a passport that is valid for less than six months and you intend to stay in Mexico for a short period of time—perhaps a vacation—the Immigration Officer might allow you entry.

Notwithstanding this, we recommend that you and your family members hold passports valid for at least six months from the date you plan to enter Mexico.

Tisha: Really hoping your flight got out this morning! It was blowing a gale up here, and a ton of flights were delayed out of Toronto! Hopefully you are enjoying the Mexican sun right now!

#12835 ginnigurl

ginnigurl
        • 68 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

I believe so.  My TA told me that everyone going must have passports that don't expire for at least months after the departure date.  They won't let you leave the country here if you don't have at least six months left.

#12836 lovethebeach10

lovethebeach10
          • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

Ok so silly question......I know someone (possibly Murmel cause she is always knowledgeable :-) ) had told us a while back which songs the wedding coordinators will ask you for, for the ceremony, but my silly question is HOW DOES THE CEREMONY GO? lol

I am thinking general music while everyone sits and waits, but does the Groom walk up the isle and seat his Mom, both parents do the groomsmen do this? Or do people seat themselves?  Or does the Groom wait at the front and that is when it all starts? Then the girls, then the Bride?

I know, I obviously did not pay any attention when everyone else I know was getting married     Can anyone sort me out? lol

Thank you so much!

Azul Sensatori June 5th, 2011 ~ 18 booked and final!

#12837 kerry872

kerry872
            • 165 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

Let me know how both are. Im doing exactly the same. Azul Sensatori followed by the El Dorado Casitas. But a long time after you to wait!!! xx

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

I arrive May 4th and leave May 8th.  Then I'll be at El Dorado Casitas May 8-16!

#12838 LauraandBrian

LauraandBrian
              • 51 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

We are planning the same. But we are planning for October 2012  -- 6-8th at AS and then 8-15th at EDCasitas

#12839 melfaybik

melfaybik
                • 187 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to figure out if I should put some bug spray in my welcome bags.  Do you know how the bugs are in May/June?

Thanks!!

#12840 LauraandBrian

LauraandBrian
                  • 51 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

Why does my status say "lurker"... i just joined why can't I be a noob?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users