Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#12361 Mahalo79

Mahalo79
  • Jr. Member
  • 175 posts

    Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:13 AM

    Hey,

    I have been reading about decisions of everyone regarding photographer times.  I am so torn on this first look!!  I tried to talk to FI about it, if I really want to he will do it, but he asked me, don't you want to see each other for the first time at the church?!  Which I think I really do.  I have booked our photographer from 2-8, (I am considering it an investment!!), so I want to get all the photos we need and plus we are travelling with our guests from Sensatori to EDR Chapel for ceremony and back, we rented 2 mini buses to transport the guests there and back, so I guess photographer is coming along with us, I guess he can take pics, that will be nice!  We leave Sensatori at 3:30 and ceremony is at 4, then back to AS and reception dinner at 6:30.  I have no idea how long our ceremony is going to be and I am assuming we will do all our pics back at AS, but I really have no idea how it's going to all work but really only leaves about a good hour right after the wedding I would think.  This first look would be a great idea, then we could do pics from 2-3:30.  Also I want some getting ready pics of just the girls, but that won't take an hour and a half!  Hmmm . . . for 6 hours, I would really like to get all the wedding party pics and family pics I need! 

    Starting to stress about this!  Any advice would be welcomed!!  = )  thank you!



    #12362 TLGnhci

    TLGnhci
    • Member
    • 899 posts

      Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

      Colleen, I plan on using the time before the ceremony to get all the pics I can with family, like me and the bridesmaids, my daughter and I, my mother and I, etc.  And the photographer can also get the shots of the guys altogether before hand.  That way, post ceremony, we should only need some shots of us with our parents and immediate family, then just us. 



      #12363 ginnigurl

      ginnigurl
      • Newbie
      • 68 posts

        Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:09 AM


        Hey Mahaolo,  just wanted to make one comment... you may want to talk to your photographer.... if you take pictures that early in the day, the lighting may be too bright and the pictures do not come out as well.  I am pretty picky about pictures and a lot of times there will be dark shadows from the sun and squinted eyes.  The best time for picture quality is earlier morning and late afternoon/early evening.  If you have an experienced photog, they should be able to tell you the right amount of time to get all the pics you want... I think I've seen most ceremonies are only about 20 minutes.

         

        Personally, I think there is something to be said for having the "first look" at the actual wedding and not before, but that is just me... 

         

        Good luck!!!

         

         

        Originally Posted by Mahalo79 

        Hey,

        I have been reading about decisions of everyone regarding photographer times.  I am so torn on this first look!!  I tried to talk to FI about it, if I really want to he will do it, but he asked me, don't you want to see each other for the first time at the church?!  Which I think I really do.  I have booked our photographer from 2-8, (I am considering it an investment!!), so I want to get all the photos we need and plus we are travelling with our guests from Sensatori to EDR Chapel for ceremony and back, we rented 2 mini buses to transport the guests there and back, so I guess photographer is coming along with us, I guess he can take pics, that will be nice!  We leave Sensatori at 3:30 and ceremony is at 4, then back to AS and reception dinner at 6:30.  I have no idea how long our ceremony is going to be and I am assuming we will do all our pics back at AS, but I really have no idea how it's going to all work but really only leaves about a good hour right after the wedding I would think.  This first look would be a great idea, then we could do pics from 2-3:30.  Also I want some getting ready pics of just the girls, but that won't take an hour and a half!  Hmmm . . . for 6 hours, I would really like to get all the wedding party pics and family pics I need! 

        Starting to stress about this!  Any advice would be welcomed!!  = )  thank you!



         



        #12364 ginnigurl

        ginnigurl
        • Newbie
        • 68 posts

          Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:16 AM

          Hey girls!!  I wanted to say as of today, we are officially moved from Azul Sensatori to Azul Fives for our June 4th wedding....  it was a stressful decision, but in the long run, we'll get the discounts and everyone we want can attend.... and I will be the only bride that day!  Just want to offer advice to any new brides - make sure you book a block of rooms if it is important to you that as many people as you want are there... I didn't and they do sell-out!!!! 

           

          Azul Fives just opened (grand opening was in January) and the posts are nothing like here... but I have found two brides to help me and it looks beautiful, so it should all work out!  I will probably keep lurking on here for advice, since nobody is on the Fives board!!!

           

          So I vote Azul Sensatori the best board, Murmel the best advice giver (THANK YOU!) and lovethebeach10 (my wedding weekend girl) the best of luck!!!

           

          Oh and a question, how in the world are you all fitting the OOT bags in your luggage!?!

           

          Thanks all!!!



          #12365 murmel

          murmel
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 1,407 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

          Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:53 AM



          Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

          Hey girls!!  I wanted to say as of today, we are officially moved from Azul Sensatori to Azul Fives for our June 4th wedding....  it was a stressful decision, but in the long run, we'll get the discounts and everyone we want can attend.... and I will be the only bride that day!  Just want to offer advice to any new brides - make sure you book a block of rooms if it is important to you that as many people as you want are there... I didn't and they do sell-out!!!! 

           

          Azul Fives just opened (grand opening was in January) and the posts are nothing like here... but I have found two brides to help me and it looks beautiful, so it should all work out!  I will probably keep lurking on here for advice, since nobody is on the Fives board!!!

           

          So I vote Azul Sensatori the best board, Murmel the best advice giver (THANK YOU!) and lovethebeach10 (my wedding weekend girl) the best of luck!!!

           

          Oh and a question, how in the world are you all fitting the OOT bags in your luggage!?!

           

          Thanks all!!!

          Congrats on making the decision! I am sure everything will work out wonderfully. We took down as little as possible for our OOT bags. We went into Cancun and bought a lot of the smaller items once we arrived. (snacks, toys for the kids,etc.) It also really depends on the number of guests you have coming, we had 63, so I really had to keep the stuff I brought with us at a minimum. I think I only packed the actual bags, name tags and hangover kit (advil, immodium, lipbalm, bandaids, etc.). Everything else we bought there!

           

          Thanks for the compliment!  Glad I can help.

           

           


          Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

           

          Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

           

          Official Azul Sensatori thread:

          http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

           

          Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

          http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


          #12366 JaimeCF2BR

          JaimeCF2BR
          • Jr. Member
          • 408 posts

            Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

            I'm baaacckkk!  Europe was great...but I didnt get to enjoy it much since I was working the whole time :(

             

            Then the legal wedding in Vegas was FABULOUS!!  If anyone is planning to have their legal wedding in Vegas, I highly recommend the Wynn.  The wedding coordinators were amazing to deal with!  They took care of every tiny detail and responded to every email within minutes.  I literally planned the whole thing in 24 hours and it turned out so gorgeous.  Here are a couple of pics...  Its kinda funny to see the height differences in our families (my parents are in the top pic, and his are in the 3rd pic down)

             

            The white flowers behind me are not in my hair!  They are in a vase behind me, but look like part of my hairdo...hehe.

             

            DSC_0084.jpg

            DSC_0105.jpg

             

            Walkway between ceremony and reception (at The Country Club Steakhouse)

            DSC_0114.jpg

             

            At The Country Club Steakhouse

            DSC_0122.jpg

             

            Soooo sleeepppyyy

            DSC_0128.jpg



            #12367 MaggieandJay

            MaggieandJay
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,029 posts

              Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:22 PM



              Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

              I'm baaacckkk!  Europe was great...but I didnt get to enjoy it much since I was working the whole time :(

               

              Then the legal wedding in Vegas was FABULOUS!!  If anyone is planning to have their legal wedding in Vegas, I highly recommend the Wynn.  The wedding coordinators were amazing to deal with!  They took care of every tiny detail and responded to every email within minutes.  I literally planned the whole thing in 24 hours and it turned out so gorgeous.  Here are a couple of pics...  Its kinda funny to see the height differences in our families (my parents are in the top pic, and his are in the 3rd pic down)

               

              The white flowers behind me are not in my hair!  They are in a vase behind me, but look like part of my hairdo...hehe.

               

              DSC_0084.jpg

               

              Walkway between ceremony and reception (at The Country Club Steakhouse)

              DSC_0114.jpg

               

              At The Country Club Steakhouse

               

              Soooo sleeepppyyy


              LOOKS FABULOUS!!!!! Congrats! Next stop MEXICO!!!!
               

               


              Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

              #12368 MaggieandJay

              MaggieandJay
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,029 posts

                Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

                Ladies getting cakes, I need some advice.

                 

                We are not getting a cake for the reception but it just so happens that 5 people coming to our wedding have birthdays falling the week we are there.

                I was going to get a small cake for the Welcome Party I am having the day before the wedding as a surprise (One of the birthdays is the Groom's Dad)

                 

                What did everyone else get and did you think the pricing was ok? It seems expensive to me.


                Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

                #12369 murmel

                murmel
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 1,407 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

                Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:49 PM


                Quote:

                Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

                Ladies getting cakes, I need some advice.

                 

                We are not getting a cake for the reception but it just so happens that 5 people coming to our wedding have birthdays falling the week we are there.

                I was going to get a small cake for the Welcome Party I am having the day before the wedding as a surprise (One of the birthdays is the Groom's Dad)

                 

                What did everyone else get and did you think the pricing was ok? It seems expensive to me.

                The wedding cakes are quite expensive. I would almost wonder if you could ask for a birthday cake specifically and see if the prices might be different. Or wait til you get down there and talk to the resort staff specifically?

                 

                 


                Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

                 

                Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

                 

                Official Azul Sensatori thread:

                http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

                 

                Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

                http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


                #12370 MaggieandJay

                MaggieandJay
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,029 posts

                  Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:55 PM


                  Not a bad idea! Maybe if they don't hear the word wedding it might help!
                   

                  Originally Posted by murmel 


                  Quote:

                  The wedding cakes are quite expensive. I would almost wonder if you could ask for a birthday cake specifically and see if the prices might be different. Or wait til you get down there and talk to the resort staff specifically?

                   

                   



                   


                  Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users