Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#12061 melfaybik

melfaybik
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:57 PM

I am getting married the same day as you at Azul Beach Hotel!  What time are you having  your ceremony at?

Originally Posted by bryteyedbride 

I understand how that could happen beaz2be!  I lurk around here quite a bit too.  Sometimes reading things on here really does cause stress, but all in all, I think it is more positive than negative.  I mostly PM people and they are always helpful. We are getting married on the 05/28/11, so maybe us Memorial Day weekend couples can get together for a cocktail.  Hang in there!  I know that you know that the time is flying!

#12062 nv+gms

nv+gms
    • Site Supporter
    • 113 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for all the compliments on our pics from everyone on the forum - we can't wait to see the other 3000 pics - LOL - going through the proofs may prove to be painful!!!!

The one with the umbrellas was taken in the lobby - photographer went upstairs to the spa/gym area and took the pic.  We have ones with us up top too and photographer at the bottom.  There are definitely some cool areas for pics - there is an area where there are some red walls too - not sure what the area is called but it is at the front of the resort and immediately right of the entrance.  The alabaster marble stairs are also super stunning in the night.   And inside Le Chique is beautiful - Miriam (Murmel) has some gorgeous pics posted on her photographers blog...

Originally Posted by jazz04 

Beautiful Pics! Where was the one with the blue umbrellas above you taken?

We had tables of 6 and 8.  We also had a head table that was rectangular - it sat 8 of us - i'm not sure if it was 2 tables together or what - but it was way way way to snug.

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

Question - Does any one know if the tables at the Zavas Plaza for a reception seat 8 or 10?

#12063 bryteyedbride

bryteyedbride
      • 68 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

I am getting married at 3:30 p.m. and effective today I am worried that it is going to be too hot!  What do you think? 
        What time are you getting married?

Originally Posted by melfaybik 

I am getting married the same day as you at Azul Beach Hotel!  What time are you having  your ceremony at?

#12064 Afaybik

Afaybik
        • 99 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Congrats on your recent wedding!  I;m sure it was amazing!  Someone said on here that you were able to get your reception extended past 11 PM.  If that is so, can you tell us how you did that.  My daughter wanted to have a 5 hour reception so that would necessitate going past 11 PM,

#12065 nv+gms

nv+gms
          • Site Supporter
          • 113 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

No - it was more unofficial.  We just pulled out a bose speaker system and hooked up our ipod and they didn't bug us for a while.  The bar and amplifier we rented still shut down but I am not sure if was at 11pm or if they gave us some give.  we still got booted as the tables got deconstructed - but it was definitely after 11pm. 

Maybe you can pay to have it extended?  Really - I think it wouldn't be worth paying extra for - there are other areas where bridal parties can keep the party alive if your crew is into it - mojito lounge and there is a place by the premium pool section (forget the name).  Thats where we saw most bridal parties throughout the week as their receptions ended.  But I guess it depends on what is important to you! 

Originally Posted by Afaybik 

Congrats on your recent wedding!  I;m sure it was amazing!  Someone said on here that you were able to get your reception extended past 11 PM.  If that is so, can you tell us how you did that.  My daughter wanted to have a 5 hour reception so that would necessitate going past 11 PM,

#12066 1106wedding

1106wedding
            • 317 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

And what about the "teen club"? 

Originally Posted by nv+gms 

No - it was more unofficial.  We just pulled out a bose speaker system and hooked up our ipod and they didn't bug us for a while.  The bar and amplifier we rented still shut down but I am not sure if was at 11pm or if they gave us some give.  we still got booted as the tables got deconstructed - but it was definitely after 11pm. 

Maybe you can pay to have it extended?  Really - I think it wouldn't be worth paying extra for - there are other areas where bridal parties can keep the party alive if your crew is into it - mojito lounge and there is a place by the premium pool section (forget the name).  Thats where we saw most bridal parties throughout the week as their receptions ended.  But I guess it depends on what is important to you! 

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#12067 melfaybik

melfaybik
              • 187 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

I have not picked an exact time yet.  My photographer recommends 5 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. because it cools off a bit at that time but I wanted to have a 5 hour reception so I was thinking 4 p.m. for the ceremony.  My FI hates the heat and sweats very easily so he would prefer a later ceremony time.  I don't know what to do.  I am trying to decide between 4 and 4:30 p.m. right now.  How long of a reception are you having?

Originally Posted by bryteyedbride 

I am getting married at 3:30 p.m. and effective today I am worried that it is going to be too hot!  What do you think? 
                What time are you getting married?

#12068 melfaybik

melfaybik
                • 187 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hi Mom!

Welcome to BDW!! YAY!!

#12069 beaz2be

beaz2be
                  • 256 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

We're the day before you and we're planning on ceremony at 4pm... I was debating some of the same.  My photographer did make the point tho that if you do it at around 4-5 you'll probably have more consistent light for the photos of the ceremony, rather than later than that... then we're taking pics in b/w ceremony and reception (I think we'll start that at 6). 

Also, knowing my family, if we say 4pm ceremony starts - I probably won't actually walk the aisle until 4.20 or so... once everyone actually gets there!  hahaha

I have not picked an exact time yet.  My photographer recommends 5 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. because it cools off a bit at that time but I wanted to have a 5 hour reception so I was thinking 4 p.m. for the ceremony.  My FI hates the heat and sweats very easily so he would prefer a later ceremony time.  I don't know what to do.  I am trying to decide between 4 and 4:30 p.m. right now.  How long of a reception are you having?

#12070 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
                    • 408 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Haha...you guys are too cute!

No way I'd let my mom on here...dont trust her.  :).  You guys must have a fabulous relationship!!

Hi Mom!

Welcome to BDW!! YAY!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users