Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#11371 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
  • Jr. Member
  • 408 posts

    Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

    Ginni - Your TA should be able to get the 20% off the standard rates for you (or better).  Especially if you are getting at least 5 rooms in your block.  Are you trying to go directly through the resort instead of through a TA?  This could be part of the problem too.

     

    Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

    Thank Murmel!    So you are saying that the 20% don't come off the rates the TA gives you?  Maybe that is where I am confused?
     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murmel 



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

    Hey everyone!!!  I am just posting because I am so frustrated with their pricing.  They put out a promotion that weddings where 5 or more rooms are booked that everyone gets 20% off.   I booked my wedding and now we are getting the RUNAROUND on the 20% OFF as we are ready to book rooms.  We even have an email from the Miami WC, Grace, that they will honor the 20%!!  I am at the point that I just sent her an email that I want our wedding deposit money back...  Dreams Tulum (my second choice) has a better pricing deal anyway!!  I just feel like if they can't even honor what they said in writing that I don't trust them to marry there.  You all have great stories, but I am for your word, is your word!!!  Anyone have any thoughts or help???  Thanks!!

    Never saw the promotion for 20% off rooms. But if that's the promotion online, it may only be the price for rooms through their website, and it's likely your TA would be getting a better room rate for you.

    We got 20% off private events, ie. dinner reception and cocktail hours.

     


     




    #11372 1106wedding

    1106wedding
    • Jr. Member
    • 317 posts

      Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

      We're getting the 20% off private events (basically the food and beverage).

      Our TA got us rates that were more than 20% off the "rack rate" listed on Azul's website but they don't get discounted further...

       

      Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

      Thank Murmel!    So you are saying that the 20% don't come off the rates the TA gives you?  Maybe that is where I am confused?


      Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*


      #11373 jazz04

      jazz04
      • Newbie
      • 98 posts

        Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

        Well I am still confused on where they have put my reception b/c the zavas terrace looks way too small for 60 or more people. Is it weird having your wedding in Spanish I guess I was just thinking it would be in English (never thought about it).



        #11374 JaimeCF2BR

        JaimeCF2BR
        • Jr. Member
        • 408 posts

          Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

          Zavas Terrace does seem a bit small for 60 guests.  Would you be open to doing a beach reception?  I was originally torn between Zavas Plaza and the beach.  I chose Zavas Plaza, but there are times I think the beach would've been awesome!

           

          The "minor" detail about the ceremony being in Spanish was actually the final detail that made us decide to do symbolic.  It would be kind of neat if a single person in my group spoke spanish, or if I was doing a spanish themed wedding...but it just seemed it would be strange with my group.  If you want to do a legal wedding, I'm sure it would be just fine.  You could make it fun!  Great story for the kids!  :)

          Originally Posted by jazz04 

          Well I am still confused on where they have put my reception b/c the zavas terrace looks way too small for 60 or more people. Is it weird having your wedding in Spanish I guess I was just thinking it would be in English (never thought about it).





          #11375 TLGnhci

          TLGnhci
          • Member
          • 899 posts

            Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

            I agree with what the ladies on here have said.  We got our approved room rate which was less than the online rate and then also 20% off the food/drink for private events. Hope things get better for you!!
             

            Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

            Hey everyone!!!  I am just posting because I am so frustrated with their pricing.  They put out a promotion that weddings where 5 or more rooms are booked that everyone gets 20% off.   I booked my wedding and now we are getting the RUNAROUND on the 20% OFF as we are ready to book rooms.  We even have an email from the Miami WC, Grace, that they will honor the 20%!!  I am at the point that I just sent her an email that I want our wedding deposit money back...  Dreams Tulum (my second choice) has a better pricing deal anyway!!  I just feel like if they can't even honor what they said in writing that I don't trust them to marry there.  You all have great stories, but I am for your word, is your word!!!  Anyone have any thoughts or help???  Thanks!!


            I too have opted for the symbolic ceremony at this point, mostly because of the fact that the ceremony would be in Spanish.  The price is a determining factor as well.  Wish I was going to Vegas like you Jaime!!!  :o)


             

            Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

            Zavas Terrace does seem a bit small for 60 guests.  Would you be open to doing a beach reception?  I was originally torn between Zavas Plaza and the beach.  I chose Zavas Plaza, but there are times I think the beach would've been awesome!

             

            The "minor" detail about the ceremony being in Spanish was actually the final detail that made us decide to do symbolic.  It would be kind of neat if a single person in my group spoke spanish, or if I was doing a spanish themed wedding...but it just seemed it would be strange with my group.  If you want to do a legal wedding, I'm sure it would be just fine.  You could make it fun!  Great story for the kids!  :)

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jazz04 

            Well I am still confused on where they have put my reception b/c the zavas terrace looks way too small for 60 or more people. Is it weird having your wedding in Spanish I guess I was just thinking it would be in English (never thought about it).


             




            #11376 arkae

            arkae
            • Newbie
            • 129 posts

              Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

              how hot was it at 6/630?? and for the hour you were taking pics? was it intense or still cool? :)

               

              thx!!


               

              Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

              Thank you!!! I just can't believe how they turned out! We got up around 6/630  and were out there for an hour or so ...we wanted to catch the sunrise and it was so beautiful!
               

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

              These pics are amazing!!  What time of day did you do them?  The water looks so serene!
               

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

              My Day After/TTD Session is posted on my photographers blog...they are AMAZING!!!!!! I think these are my favs!!!! check them out =)

               

              http://vidacarson.co...ra-maya-mexico/

               


               

               




              #11377 murmel

              murmel
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 1,407 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
              • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

              Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:06 PM



              Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

              Thank Murmel!    So you are saying that the 20% don't come off the rates the TA gives you?  Maybe that is where I am confused?
               

              The 20% off room rate would be off the price on the Karisma website (quite steep!) 

              Well I am still confused on where they have put my reception b/c the zavas terrace looks way too small for 60 or more people. Is it weird having your wedding in Spanish I guess I was just thinking it would be in English (never thought about it).

              Zavas terrace is too small for 60 people...I think the maximum is 25-30 for cocktails, sitting down would be less. If Zavas plaza is taken you have the beach options, Yoga Palapa, or the banquet rooms.

              The legal wedding has to be done in Spanish, however I was told you could request the WC to translate into english.

               




              Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

               

              Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

               

              Official Azul Sensatori thread:

              http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

               

              Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

              http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


              #11378 mzgillis316

              mzgillis316
              • Newbie
              • 133 posts

                Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

                When we booked it was 20% off of the room rate that was listed online at the time of the contract...we worked directly with the hotel. It was also 20% off of all private events. We booked our wedding back in March 2010 so im not sure if it was a special for 2010 and its no longer valid for 2011 or what...what kind of run around are they giving you? I love Dreams Tulum but their pricing for a reception was not conducive for bigger partys, which was why we chose AS...Dreams had per person rates for a private reception around 80-90 buxs, Azul was only 14 pp...
                 

                Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

                Hey everyone!!!  I am just posting because I am so frustrated with their pricing.  They put out a promotion that weddings where 5 or more rooms are booked that everyone gets 20% off.   I booked my wedding and now we are getting the RUNAROUND on the 20% OFF as we are ready to book rooms.  We even have an email from the Miami WC, Grace, that they will honor the 20%!!  I am at the point that I just sent her an email that I want our wedding deposit money back...  Dreams Tulum (my second choice) has a better pricing deal anyway!!  I just feel like if they can't even honor what they said in writing that I don't trust them to marry there.  You all have great stories, but I am for your word, is your word!!!  Anyone have any thoughts or help???  Thanks!!


                 



                #11379 mzgillis316

                mzgillis316
                • Newbie
                • 133 posts

                  Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

                  Heres a review I posted from my wedding a few weeks ago

                  Hi ladies! I am new to this thread, but wanted to chime in as it looks like we're narrowing in on the Azul Sensatori for our wedding! Any words of wisdom for you ladies would be so great!

                   

                  Are they reasonably priced? Has anyone been down there to visit? What's it like -- do you have pictures? I'm really interested to see what the different "venues" are (i.e. the garden gazebo, sky lounge, etc)...


                  Anything would be great! Thanks!


                   





                  #11380 mzgillis316

                  mzgillis316
                  • Newbie
                  • 133 posts

                    Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

                    IN the monring the weather was wonderful...the only thing that was that cold was the water but it wasn't unbearable...it was perfect :)
                     

                    Originally Posted by arkae 

                    how hot was it at 6/630?? and for the hour you were taking pics? was it intense or still cool? :)

                     

                    thx!!


                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                    Thank you!!! I just can't believe how they turned out! We got up around 6/630  and were out there for an hour or so ...we wanted to catch the sunrise and it was so beautiful!
                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

                    These pics are amazing!!  What time of day did you do them?  The water looks so serene!
                     

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

                    My Day After/TTD Session is posted on my photographers blog...they are AMAZING!!!!!! I think these are my favs!!!! check them out =)

                     

                    http://vidacarson.co...ra-maya-mexico/

                     


                     

                     

                     




                    Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users