Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#11141 ginnigurl

ginnigurl
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Hello!  I just confirmed our wedding on June 4th, 2011 at AZS!  I wish I would have found this site before today, but it looks like I made the right choice!!  There are so many pages, it is hard to read all of them, but I like the one that I read where the bride summarized her entire experience.  Are there any more of those??  Thanks to all for everything I have read so far!  Links are great, too!!

#11142 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
    • 408 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

I can't remember specifically seeing Grey Goose, but I remember being really impressed with the well known options!  I've been bragging like crazy about that too.  Its definitely one of the things I point out when anyone complains about the expensive prices.

Originally Posted by 1106wedding 

Ok, good to know. I would be surprised if they let you choose on-site (I do corporate events for a living and it costs A LOT MORE to do that) but it's annoying none the less that the hotel wedding coordinator told you that. During our site visit, I got information that I can only HOPE is true from the coordinator giving us a tour (Claudia). For example, she said Grey Goose is served at all the bars and is included - does anyone know if that's true?? I don't see it in the event bar package but I've been bragging to my friends that we'll be drinking the good stuff while we're there. Hope I don't sound like a total lush but we all know that it's the little stuff that makes a difference sometimes :)

Back to the food...I wish the family style wasn't so much more expensive than the plated?! It looks so good. I like the BBQ deluxe menu but it's pretty basic...has anyone had that?

#11143 1106wedding

1106wedding
      • 317 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

I saw this (grey goose on tap, hello!??!) in the presidential suite and it prompted the conversation. AS was starting to really win us over! :)63972_1690226343051_1459502820_1699279_1476082_n.jpg

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#11144 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
        • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

Not a lush at all. The whole reason we picked this resort was the booze selection and i brag about it everyday!

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

I can't remember specifically seeing Grey Goose, but I remember being really impressed with the well known options!  I've been bragging like crazy about that too.  Its definitely one of the things I point out when anyone complains about the expensive prices.

Quote:

Ok, good to know. I would be surprised if they let you choose on-site (I do corporate events for a living and it costs A LOT MORE to do that) but it's annoying none the less that the hotel wedding coordinator told you that. During our site visit, I got information that I can only HOPE is true from the coordinator giving us a tour (Claudia). For example, she said Grey Goose is served at all the bars and is included - does anyone know if that's true?? I don't see it in the event bar package but I've been bragging to my friends that we'll be drinking the good stuff while we're there. Hope I don't sound like a total lush but we all know that it's the little stuff that makes a difference sometimes :)

Back to the food...I wish the family style wasn't so much more expensive than the plated?! It looks so good. I like the BBQ deluxe menu but it's pretty basic...has anyone had that?

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#11145 Less is more

Less is more
          • 154 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

I second that!!!  That was the selling point along with 24 hr room service and mini bar.  My family loved it when i told them that!!! Plus, I was told grey goose was there by my WC/TA.

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

Not a lush at all. The whole reason we picked this resort was the booze selection and i brag about it everyday!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

Quote:

#11146 jazz04

jazz04
            • 98 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

How did you pack the lanterns to bring them on the flight, how much room did they take up?

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr 

Hey Ladies!

Just wanted to let you know I posted my wedding items for sale. Here's the link....

http://www.bestdesti...se#post_1503836

Oh, and I saw someone ask about chivairi chairs, they're listed as Tiffany chairs on Lomas' website and they are $12/chair

#11147 1106wedding

1106wedding
              • 317 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

Oh thank god, love you guys!

#11148 murmel

murmel
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 1,407 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

We managed to offer our guests two options for dinner...but we do have to give them numbers by late December. We did have to fight to add on an extra course from a different menu, but we were successful. I think we are doing set menu 2, but an add on from set menu 4.

I don't want to disappoint anyone, but I do not believe there was any Grey Goose. We specifically asked, and were told if we wanted that specific brand that the hotel would bring it in, but we would be charged. That being said they do have Stoli (Stolichnaya vodka) which is also a highend brand. Overall we were pleased with the selection of premium beverages, and of course your daily stocked mini fridge with beer, pop and water!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz04 

How did you pack the lanterns to bring them on the flight, how much room did they take up?

The paper laterns we bought fold flat, so we figured we would just pack them into a suitcase flat with maybe some bubble wrap for cushioning.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#11149 1106wedding

1106wedding
                • 317 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

That would NOT have been cool of her to tell me it was included in the room rate. Hopefully it IS available at hotel bars but maybe just not in the bar package for events? I could see why they'd do that (even though I don't like it)...I'll try to find out through my TA (who  is still playing middle man to the Miami WC).

Originally Posted by murmel 

I don't want to disappoint anyone, but I do not believe there was any Grey Goose. We specifically asked, and were told if we wanted that specific brand that the hotel would bring it in, but we would be charged. That being said they do have Stoli (Stolichnaya vodka) which is also a highend brand. Overall we were pleased with the selection of premium beverages, and of course your daily stocked mini fridge with beer, pop and water!

#11150 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
                  • 309 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz04 

Murmel is right. They fold flat. You open them up to make them round. So, they didn't take up much space at all. I just kept them wrapped in plastic. 

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users