Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#10741 chong

chong
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

Thanks :) We bought individual candles and place them in the votive holder for guest tables and bought votive candles for our sweetheart table. No matter how they look in the pictures, all those candles blew out during the night. We did have some windy night though on the beach....

I've seen the battery candle lights being used at the resort. I thought it was really cheap and corky but actually did not look too bad in a nice setup. You might want to consider looking into that.

Originally Posted by Nikki O 

Thanks for the pictures Chong!! Nice centerpieces!! They were similar to what I had in mind. Did you use the regular votive holders? In your first picture the holders looked deeper but in your second picture they looked just like any regular votive holders.

Thanks murmel for the info!! I like the idea of adding extra height to the holder but I am not sure if paper is ideal since it could catch fire? I am also not very crafty so it might not look as nice =( I might try lantern style candle holders but I wonder how much they go for. I need about 50 of them! And I live in Toronto Canada so I am not sure if there is a Michael's in the city...

#10742 chong

chong
    • 360 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

I am not sure about color table clothes from LOMAS. You should ask your WC. I bought mine as you can see in the pictures in the earlier post. I have navy blue color table clothes for 4 round tables (sits

Hi Ladies! Does anyone know how much Lomas charges for coloured table clothes? I wanted to see if we had options beyond the white at the hotel but I can't find anything but coloured runners on the Lomas site.

Thanks!

#10743 arkae

arkae
      • 129 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

Thanks Chong!! ....a website would be great whenever you have a sec :)

#10744 arkae

arkae
        • 129 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

Does anyone know what's up with the day passes? How much and for how long are they valid (4 hrs, 8hrs etc?)... I know I saw this info somewhere a while back but now I can't seem to locate it....thx! :)

#10745 jazz04

jazz04
          • 98 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:10 AM

I have a stupid question, how do you pm like everyone is saying?

Also, is there somewhere on this website that has pictures of past brides weddings. I wanted to look at different pictures of gazebos to figure out what I want.

#10746 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
            • 1,029 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

Check out this thread for inspiration!

Also, is there somewhere on this website that has pictures of past brides weddings. I wanted to look at different pictures of gazebos to figure out what I want.

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#10747 murmel

murmel
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 1,407 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
              • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nikki O 

Thanks for the pictures Chong!! Nice centerpieces!! They were similar to what I had in mind. Did you use the regular votive holders? In your first picture the holders looked deeper but in your second picture they looked just like any regular votive holders.

Thanks murmel for the info!! I like the idea of adding extra height to the holder but I am not sure if paper is ideal since it could catch fire? I am also not very crafty so it might not look as nice =( I might try lantern style candle holders but I wonder how much they go for. I need about 50 of them! And I live in Toronto Canada so I am not sure if there is a Michael's in the city...

There are quite a few Michael's around. I live in Brampton (but close enough). Depending on where you are exactly I know there is a Michael's at Dixie/QEW, Mavis/401, Hwy7/400 or Steeles/410. There are more, just don't know exact locations.

For the paper idea, you still have to use the glass votive holder. But by wrapping the paper around the glass holder, you just create a higher 'wall'- this might stop the wind from getting in. The flame won't be able to reach the paper, assuming you are using regular votive height candles inside the glass holders.

50 would be alot of laterns. Maybe less laterns but larger ones? Ikea perhaps? I would maybe look for the small battery run tealights and go that route. Perhaps you can use frosted votive holders, or colored ones to disguise the tealight?

Originally Posted by jazz04 

If you go to the persons screen name, you will see a small blue down arrow. Hover over that and a drop down menu appears. From here, select PM (private message). Also if you go to view profile, certain members have some pictures they have posted and you can view them through that way. I have a few of the gazebos (but not decorated).

Good luck!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#10748 Nikki O

Nikki O
              • 83 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

Thanks Chong! What about the lighting in general on the beach? Did you use anything else besides the candles?

Originally Posted by chong 

Thanks :) We bought individual candles and place them in the votive holder for guest tables and bought votive candles for our sweetheart table. No matter how they look in the pictures, all those candles blew out during the night. We did have some windy night though on the beach....

I've seen the battery candle lights being used at the resort. I thought it was really cheap and corky but actually did not look too bad in a nice setup. You might want to consider looking into that.

Thanks murmel!! I live right downtown so Dixie/QEW is probably the closest! I think small battery run tealights and frosted votive holders might work. Thanks for the tips! I will look around for battery run tealights and frosted holders!

Originally Posted by murmel 

There are quite a few Michael's around. I live in Brampton (but close enough). Depending on where you are exactly I know there is a Michael's at Dixie/QEW, Mavis/401, Hwy7/400 or Steeles/410. There are more, just don't know exact locations.

For the paper idea, you still have to use the glass votive holder. But by wrapping the paper around the glass holder, you just create a higher 'wall'- this might stop the wind from getting in. The flame won't be able to reach the paper, assuming you are using regular votive height candles inside the glass holders.

50 would be alot of laterns. Maybe less laterns but larger ones? Ikea perhaps? I would maybe look for the small battery run tealights and go that route. Perhaps you can use frosted votive holders, or colored ones to disguise the tealight?

If you go to the persons screen name, you will see a small blue down arrow. Hover over that and a drop down menu appears. From here, select PM (private message). Also if you go to view profile, certain members have some pictures they have posted and you can view them through that way. I have a few of the gazebos (but not decorated).

Good luck!

Azul Sensatori - May 7, 2011

#10749 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
                • 309 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzgillis316 

We actually purchased our own organza and it was about 50 buxs. Its more than enough to cover the gazebo from the measurements they gave us ....heres the website we used

http://www.bbcrafts....77e30a523~.html

BTW the organza is absolutely beautiful i cant wait to see it all come together with our crystal curtain hanging in the back:)

We also purchased a roll of organza fabric from

Thanks for the advice!  We weren't going to use a travel agent because of the expense, and because our group is coming from all over the US, not from the same region, so we weren't sure if one would be useful.  I'll look into it, though.  Sounds like avoiding the hassle is worth it.

I definitely recommend a travel agent, he/she could become your best friend!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by chong 

I only have couple pictures to share...

I think I told you this already but I love love love your dress!

Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach 

Does anyone have a reliable Real Touch vendor they can recommend; Etsy or otherwise?

Hi Girls,

I'm really stuggling whether to have a beach wedding or a skydeck wedding! What's everyone else going for??

We're doing the Sky Deck

#10750 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                  • 1,029 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:57 AM

Meredith When do you leave? I know your wedding is going to be AWESOME!

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users