Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

My detail sheet has tabs at the bottom, One says Spa Services. I booked and confirmed both my appts today thru my Miami WC

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Amanda, did you put your hair apt etc. on your details sheet?  Or did you just tell them when you got there.  I'm worried that I'll want to know that we have booked enough time in the spa (making me want to book it on my sheet) ... but don't want to be charged a potentially higher amount because I book/pay ahead of time.  Thoughts?

Maggie/Arkae,

I got the spa package through my TA's GI promotion. I know many people decided to have a cocktail hour instead. So I only paid for my trial makeup and wedding day makeup. The trial & wedding day hair was already included in the spa package. I probably could have got away with doing the trial but it made the wedding day go much faster. I cannot believe how long it takes to do the makeup and the hair. I gave myself 3 hours for all of that and i was still rushing!!!

I think you should look at the bridal packages. If I didn't get the GI promotional spa package, I would have purchased Bridal Package 1 for $228. This is bargain. This package includes bridal hair, makeup for bride (includes preview), pedicure and manicure (or you can substitute manicure for parraffin foot treatment or 50% bridal hair style preview). I attached the package for you. I hope this helps. And.. if you can, get AMY. She did my hair & makeup. You can check it out on my planning journal. She was GREAT!!! Of course, I tipped her well too.

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

I am using the resort for Hair. but their Make-up prices were too expensive sad.gif

I am planning to sell my 8" & 12" white lanterns. We took 50 lanterns and ended up using only 20 of them. Let me know if you are interested.

Originally Posted by arkae View Post

is/has anyone gone with the resort spa for hair/makeup?? i'm torn between bringing someone in or using the spa.

murmel! that's awesome..thank you sooo much for the dimension info! and our colours are turquoise and red with bits of white. i have no clue yet though about my decor sad.gif maybe we could go in on lanterns or something? have you already ordered stuff?  also, i would have loved to hire your hair/makeup lady, but looks like we're a day too early!! :) 

spa wedding ritual.pdf

The appointment time can be changed once you arrive to the resort. I changed it 3 times!!! You just need to make sure there are not other weddings going on - this makes it difficult to make appointments you want. Regardless I would not worry about the appointment time. You can also add the service once you are there. It will get charged to your room and just need to pay for it before you leave. If you pay the Miami WC in advance, you cannot get a refund. The credit can be used towards ONLY LOMAS product!!! 

My detail sheet has tabs at the bottom, One says Spa Services. I booked and confirmed both my appts today thru my Miami WC

I just saw Amanda's post. I had few minor issues but they were very accommodating to fix my problems quickly. I did not get to see Amanda - though my sister met her at the salon. We got our hair done by the same person - AMY! She was AWESOME :)

I have to say... the BEST part that my guests cannot stop talking about is FOOD. We decided to have the family style meal and oh boy... there was soooo much food and soooo delicious! If you can afford it, I highly recommend this meal option. Even though it's the most expensive option per person... it was soooo good and everyone LOVE it. This option includes robster, shrimp, kobobs, chicken, salmon, steak, ribs, potatoes, corn, etc!!! you cannot get robster from any of the restaurants at the resort without paying some kind of additional money. i hope my guests took some pictures of the food.

i am only around this weekend and have to leave for another business trip on monday - friday. if you have any questions, please email me at chongmclaren@gmail.com.

I saw a wedding reception at Zavas Plaza. What do you mean by privacy? I realized no where on the resort is really private. We had beach wedding and beach reception. People were able to stand and watch the wedding and the reception. I thought our reception was private since it was away from the mojito bar & pool bar where everyone pretty much hangout all night. Also, I was pretty annoyed with the wedding party when they were blasting the music until late late night. Our music was loud but by the beach so it did not disturb too many people. It is taped off around the Zavas Plaza but don't think that people are not around to watch and possibly crash your wedding reception :)

We had our dinner reservation as a rehearsal dinner at SPOONS. The food was DELICIOUS!!! I was really surprised at the food quality and staffs.

We took about an hour to take pictures after the ceremony and told everyone to stay at the reception area!!! You can open the reception bar first so people can start drink and wait for you. You don't want people to be missing when you guys come back and be introduced.

by the way, we picked our signature drink when we got there. it's called mango tango. everyone LOVE the drinks when we had our rehearsal dinner. So instead of mojitos we had mango tango for toasting after the ceremony. it was frozen drinks but they were soooo good.

when they say buffet... it's really not buffet. we had our beach reception near the bbq area. remember that we had family style meals. they cooked all the food right on the bbq grills and waiters carried BIG platters with food and served everyone. each table had the big platter with the leftover food and they were able to trade food with others and serve themselves more later. we had our private server just for two of us to make sure we are served. and there were 4-5 other waiters serving our guests. we had about 27 guests. it was the BEST. so many variety of food... we wanted to make sure we provide good food for the wedding. we had the same thought... they all paid to be at all inclusive resort and did not want to have just steak or chicken or fish. we had that option for our rehearsal dinner. we had more than enough food. people were sooo stuffed and cannot finish the plates. they do not replenish the food. let me know if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post

Great planning journal!  Congrats!

I have the same number of people.  I am having a private reception at Zavas plaza.  #1 I wanted the privacy #2 I like the look of the location #3 its yours for the entire time scheduled #4 private bar = quick service. 

Afterwards - I just learned today that the "teen club" transforms at 11pm into an adults only dance club with dj.  My coordinator (who was on site for a 10-10-10 wedding) said that it was more lively than the mojito lounge.  Mojito lounge has some music/bands but definitely more subdued according to my TA - e.g., no dancing.  When I asked if it was "teen like" in appearence - she said no.  Maybe brides that have been can give their opinion on the quality of the teen hangout turns adult only after 11???

I am doing a coctail reception but as a welcome cocktail.  The time in between my ceremony and the reception will probably be less than 1.5 hrs - I am going to advise people to gather at a bar for a drink in between or go back to their room for a siesta if desired!

I am almost 100% certain that we will go with that menu.  I think it has something for everyone.  That or the Mexican buffet. 

Reasons:  versitile menu - people can select what they want.

Downfalls: buffet

Trade-off:  There is no pick and choose menu that allows guests to decide what they want.  I don't feel comfortable "choosing" a menu for over 40 people when they have already paid to stay at an all-inclusive resort where every restaurant allows them to choose according to their tastes.

What I would have preferred:  a pick an choose menu with some variety that is plated and served. (from what I understand - doesn't exist)

My TA told me that many items are placed into warming dishes and then there is a BBQ set up to cook/grill main courses.  I'm assuming that they replenish as needed. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post

Meredith, you are soooooooo close!!!!  I'm so excited for you! 

What are you going to do when you don't have wedding planning?  Enjoy blissful post-wedding life as a MRS doing anything and everything BUT wedding planning!!  I think you'll find yourself saying "Wow I didn't realize how much wedding planning had consumed my life!" 

Plus you'll be drooling over the fab wedding pics you're GUARANTEED to have wink.gif  I can't wait to see Andrew's work!

I know!! This is the nail biting part!!

I agree with you I guess right now I just don't really remember life BEFORE wedding planning. I have to keep reminding myself that I did have a life prior. Lol!

I can't wait for the pics either! I did my BD shoot this past weekend and the anxiety is enormous. She put a rush on my pics due to the bad timing of it all and I still think I'll burst so I can't imagine what waiting for the wedding pics will be like!

Meredith, How was your Boudoir Shoot in Houston huh.gif?

LOVED IT!!!! I highly recommend Christine Tremoulet for your pics. As some of you may know I was truly intimidated by the whole thing BUT she made me feel at ease and I must have laughed mre in that couple of hours than I have in weeks! She's really good at making you feel comfortable and she's really into her work. I only paid for a 1 hour session and was there for 2.5 hours having fun, taking pics and drinking wine. FUN, FUN, FUN! So, thanks again to all of you ladies that encouraged me to do it. I'll email pics when I get them.

Originally Posted by chong View Post

I am planning to sell my 8" & 12" white lanterns. We took 50 lanterns and ended up using only 20 of them. Let me know if you are interested.

I might be interested. PM or email me. Since we both live in houston we can get together for drinks and exchange :)

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

Quote:

I know!! This is the nail biting part!!

I agree with you I guess right now I just don't really remember life BEFORE wedding planning. I have to keep reminding myself that I did have a life prior. Lol!

I can't wait for the pics either! I did my BD shoot this past weekend and the anxiety is enormous. She put a rush on my pics due to the bad timing of it all and I still think I'll burst so I can't imagine what waiting for the wedding pics will be like!

LOVED IT!!!! I highly recommend Christine Tremoulet for your pics. As some of you may know I was truly intimidated by the whole thing BUT she made me feel at ease and I must have laughed mre in that couple of hours than I have in weeks! She's really good at making you feel comfortable and she's really into her work. I only paid for a 1 hour session and was there for 2.5 hours having fun, taking pics and drinking wine. FUN, FUN, FUN! So, thanks again to all of you ladies that encouraged me to do it. I'll email pics when I get them.

That is AWESOME! Mine is in March and I put down my deposit!!!