Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#10561 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
  • Member
  • 747 posts

    Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:43 PM


    As long as you want to invite them both and don't think they would make things awkward for anyone else..I think your idea is the best.  Invite them both..but make sure they are both aware the other is coming.  But definitely consult the mutual friend and get her opinion as well.
     

    Originally Posted by beaz2be 

    Hi Ladies,

     

    I posted in the etiquette forum but I have a situation/question that I would love some advice on from you all:

     

    We sent out our save the dates this past June for our wedding in May, 2011.  Since that time one couple, whom we invited as a couple, have split up.  The interesting issue with this as well is that we only became friends with this couple recently, through another mutual friend, and they live on the east coast (we're on the west) so we don't really see either of them very often.  However, we did become somewhat closer with one part of the couple, as she is the good friend of our mutual friend.

     

    We really enjoy both of these people and I'm just wondering how/what to do.  Do we invite them both separately and let them know they are each welcome to bring a guest and let them know as well that they have both been invited, so as not to be surprised by the other and make their decision accordingly?  (This is what I'm inclined to do).

     

    The one who is friends with our mutual friend may likely come as a single, with the mutual friend - so I don't want that to create an awkwardness either.... Should I ask the mutual friend for her opinion?

     

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I have a feeling that they both won't come anyways, but I just want to know what other people would do in this circumstance.  Thanks!



     



    #10562 Nikki O

    Nikki O
    • Newbie
    • 83 posts

      Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

      Welcome back Chong!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see your wedding pictures!!
       

      Originally Posted by chong 

      Hello Ladies! I am back!!! Everything went so fast... we got back on Friday night and we've been super lazy :)

      I will post some pictures when I get a chance. Let me know if you have any questions!!!


      It's beautiful!! Congrats!!

       

      Originally Posted by msmarmar123 

      I found my dress :) Went yesterday and tried on a few and wound up with the one that I was mainly going to look at...sooooo excited!  Not planning on ordering till February....but I found my dress :)

       

      dress.jpg

       




      Azul Sensatori - May 7, 2011

      #10563 arkae

      arkae
      • Newbie
      • 129 posts

        Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

        Could you tell me about the setup for the buffet option you went with? :)  Do they just put the tables off to the side at some point and everyone can eat whenever they want? Is the food replenished all evening?

         

        thx!!
         

        Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 


        That was back-up menu. I ultimately went with the Petit Gourmet Buffet but BBQ was right up there. My FI is so picky about food and half of the wedding is from Texas where we have really good BBQ so i was a tad nervous that with people who eat good BBQ here in Houston, i didn't want them judging the BBQ there. (Even though I heard it's WONDERFUL) I do think it has a casual feel to it so it really depends on what over all feeling you want you reception to have.


         


        I went with Private reception due to our guest list will probably be 60-80 and I had to go with it. With my package I get a private dinner for 40 that I think we are going to use for a pre-rehearsal dinner for family only (about 30 peeps)


         


         



        #10564 TLGnhci

        TLGnhci
        • Member
        • 899 posts

          Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

          Hey ladies,

           

          I had wanted to find hot pink heels, but wasn't having much luck.  So, when I came across comfy, cute champagne heels for only $9, I bought them.  Then, I thought I would dress 'em up myself.  I like the peacock feathers and I was excited about it, but my fiance made a face.  He wasn't a fan.  And, then upon sending pics to my friends, 2 more said  EH with 2 liking them.  I know I should just do what I want, but I figured I would get all of your opinions.  They will be under my dress, so you really won't see them anyway, but I worry if a lot of people don't like the feather looks, then they may not like my bouquets (as the girl is considering adding some feathers.)  Hmmm.......

           

          Thoughts?

           

          shoe1.JPGshoes2.JPG

           



          #10565 TLGnhci

          TLGnhci
          • Member
          • 899 posts

            Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

            Kelsey,

             

            I think you are right on target on how you plan to deal with it!  :o)

             

            Originally Posted by beaz2be 

            Hi Ladies,

             

            I posted in the etiquette forum but I have a situation/question that I would love some advice on from you all:

             

            We sent out our save the dates this past June for our wedding in May, 2011.  Since that time one couple, whom we invited as a couple, have split up.  The interesting issue with this as well is that we only became friends with this couple recently, through another mutual friend, and they live on the east coast (we're on the west) so we don't really see either of them very often.  However, we did become somewhat closer with one part of the couple, as she is the good friend of our mutual friend.

             

            We really enjoy both of these people and I'm just wondering how/what to do.  Do we invite them both separately and let them know they are each welcome to bring a guest and let them know as well that they have both been invited, so as not to be surprised by the other and make their decision accordingly?  (This is what I'm inclined to do).

             

            The one who is friends with our mutual friend may likely come as a single, with the mutual friend - so I don't want that to create an awkwardness either.... Should I ask the mutual friend for her opinion?

             

            Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I have a feeling that they both won't come anyways, but I just want to know what other people would do in this circumstance.  Thanks!





            #10566 nv+gms

            nv+gms
            • Site Supporter
            • 113 posts

              Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:52 PM



              Originally Posted by chong 

              Hello Ladies! I am back!!! Everything went so fast... we got back on Friday night and we've been super lazy :)

              I will post some pictures when I get a chance. Let me know if you have any questions!!!


              Great planning journal!  Congrats!


               

              Originally Posted by tundeneha 

              Hello All!

               

              I have been reading this thread for the last few weeks...and have to say all of the information has helped me figure stuff out for my wedding. I am officially going to have my wedding at Azul Sensatori on June 12, 2011!!! It will be interesting planning the wedding because we will have a Hindu wedding ceremony (I am Indian.) Are there any other brides doing an Indian wedding?

               

              Neha



              I think you made a great decision!  I'm not an Indian bride but my TA/wedding coordinator locally (Toronto) coordinated the Indian wedding mentioned ealier.  The coordinator from Toronto travelled with the group to act as the liaison between the bride and the resort. She said that everything went smoothly and that it was beautiful.  117 people in attendance. 

               

              Originally Posted by dakotaAZ 

              Hi ladies, I dont post on here a ton but I do read most posting and the info is always great.  I have been going back and forth on having a private reception vs the restaurant...I was hoping you all could tell me what you are doing and why?  If your doing the restaurant, what are you doing afterwards?  Does anyone know if they have live music in the bars?  Are you doing a cocktail reception at all? 

              I keep going back and forth and could use some help sorting out my options!  We are going to have 40, maybe more people. 

               

              Thanks in advanced for your help!!


              I have the same number of people.  I am having a private reception at Zavas plaza.  #1 I wanted the privacy #2 I like the look of the location #3 its yours for the entire time scheduled #4 private bar = quick service. 

              Afterwards - I just learned today that the "teen club" transforms at 11pm into an adults only dance club with dj.  My coordinator (who was on site for a 10-10-10 wedding) said that it was more lively than the mojito lounge.  Mojito lounge has some music/bands but definitely more subdued according to my TA - e.g., no dancing.  When I asked if it was "teen like" in appearence - she said no.  Maybe brides that have been can give their opinion on the quality of the teen hangout turns adult only after 11???

              I am doing a coctail reception but as a welcome cocktail.  The time in between my ceremony and the reception will probably be less than 1.5 hrs - I am going to advise people to gather at a bar for a drink in between or go back to their room for a siesta if desired!


               

              Originally Posted by arkae 

              Hi Ladies:

               

              Does anyone have any opinions on the Beach BBQ option for the reception?

               

              Can anyone who's already been and had bbq let me know what they thought of the food/set up/portions etc?  My concern is that the beach bbq menu may be too casual feeling.....any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  :)



              I am almost 100% certain that we will go with that menu.  I think it has something for everyone.  That or the Mexican buffet. 

              Reasons:  versitile menu - people can select what they want.

              Downfalls: buffet

              Trade-off:  There is no pick and choose menu that allows guests to decide what they want.  I don't feel comfortable "choosing" a menu for over 40 people when they have already paid to stay at an all-inclusive resort where every restaurant allows them to choose according to their tastes.

              What I would have preferred:  a pick an choose menu with some variety that is plated and served. (from what I understand - doesn't exist)

               

              Originally Posted by arkae 

              Could you tell me about the setup for the buffet option you went with? :)  Do they just put the tables off to the side at some point and everyone can eat whenever they want? Is the food replenished all evening?

               

              thx!!
               


               



              My TA told me that many items are placed into warming dishes and then there is a BBQ set up to cook/grill main courses.  I'm assuming that they replenish as needed. 



              #10567 nv+gms

              nv+gms
              • Site Supporter
              • 113 posts

                Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:04 PM



                Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

                Hey ladies,

                 

                I had wanted to find hot pink heels, but wasn't having much luck.  So, when I came across comfy, cute champagne heels for only $9, I bought them.  Then, I thought I would dress 'em up myself.  I like the peacock feathers and I was excited about it, but my fiance made a face.  He wasn't a fan.  And, then upon sending pics to my friends, 2 more said  EH with 2 liking them.  I know I should just do what I want, but I figured I would get all of your opinions.  They will be under my dress, so you really won't see them anyway, but I worry if a lot of people don't like the feather looks, then they may not like my bouquets (as the girl is considering adding some feathers.)  Hmmm.......

                 

                Thoughts?

                 

                shoe1.JPGshoes2.JPG

                 



                I think your idea is unique, fun and cute.  My candid opinion:  I would not do the peacock feathers - because -  I think they will become damaged under the gown (assuming your gown is long).   I am thinking about adding peacock feathers to my calililly bridal bouquet (bringing my own). 



                #10568 nv+gms

                nv+gms
                • Site Supporter
                • 113 posts

                  Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

                  Any B2B or new Brides experience the atmosphere of the "teen club" converted into night/dance club with DJ for adults after 11pm?



                  #10569 nv+gms

                  nv+gms
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 113 posts

                    Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:33 PM



                    Originally Posted by nv+gms 





                    I think your idea is unique, fun and cute.  My candid opinion:  I would not do the peacock feathers - because -  I think they will become damaged under the gown (assuming your gown is long).   I am thinking about adding peacock feathers to my calililly bridal bouquet (bringing my own). 



                    One more opinion I would like to add - the colours may not go together as seamless/complimentary - pink, white and chamagne (starting base) vs peacock rich deep colours.  Two very different colour scemes.  Then - depending on your wedding colours... 

                    but great creativity!



                    #10570 nv+gms

                    nv+gms
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 113 posts

                      Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

                      I'm not a big "omg I love...colour X".  

                      For my wedding  however I am a fan of a deep purple (plum) or burgandy if pushed into a corner to decide.   So...I've looked at a few websites, incl "the knot" and I am not convinced by any one colour as "awesome"....

                      but I am partial to the plum/purple:

                      the debate (all including green and likely some white with a plum backdrop):

                      purple and orange

                      purple and yellow

                      purple and lime only

                      another combo???

                      My style is- sharp, modern and simple.

                      Thoughts?




                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users