19262 replies to this topic

#10381 beaz2be

beaz2be
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

Great idea.  We're doing a beach ceremony and reception at plaza zavaz

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

Re: The List

Okay, so not trying to blow up our thread with the list of brides or anything, but Jaime had a great idea, which was to add our ceremony and reception sites to the list.  So, if you would like to add yours, please let me know. 

#10382 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
    • 899 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

Hey girls,

I added your information to the list.  As soon as I have a significant change, I will repost! (Don't want to take up all our space) :o)

And I haven't been getting too much planning done lately.  I feel like I'm kind of stuck until we get closer, or my research hasn't gotten me anywhere.  I do believe I did find my bouts for the guys though.  This is the link for the groom.  Then, I'm going to have the groomsman have white/cream calas with a similar set up. 

http://www.etsy.com/...ty-premium-real

I've been wondering though, for the parents.  Are they supposed to match the wedding colors, or do I get corsages done to match the moms dresses?  My FMIL is wearing navy blue and my mom is probably going to wear burnt orange.  Then, I guess I would match the dads bouts to moms corsage? 

Opinions please!! 

Thank you!

#10383 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
      • 408 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

Same here...I can't do much until we have a better head count, so I'm starting to get bored with planning

Hey girls,

I added your information to the list.  As soon as I have a significant change, I will repost! (Don't want to take up all our space) :o)

And I haven't been getting too much planning done lately.  I feel like I'm kind of stuck until we get closer, or my research hasn't gotten me anywhere.  I do believe I did find my bouts for the guys though.  This is the link for the groom.  Then, I'm going to have the groomsman have white/cream calas with a similar set up. 

http://www.etsy.com/...ty-premium-real

I've been wondering though, for the parents.  Are they supposed to match the wedding colors, or do I get corsages done to match the moms dresses?  My FMIL is wearing navy blue and my mom is probably going to wear burnt orange.  Then, I guess I would match the dads bouts to moms corsage? 

Opinions please!! 

Thank you!

#10384 Mahalo79

Mahalo79
        • 175 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:20 AM

Hey Ladies,

I love the idea of adding your ceremony site!  We are getting married in the Chapel at El Dorado so I would love to find out any other brides doing the same.  Our reception dinner will be at Spoons.  Great idea and thanks for taking care of the list!  As for flowers, I am so far away for choosing for my mom and mother in law, neither of them have even picked a colour yet!  I think it would look nice if the corsage matched the partners boutineire. Well we have 5 parents coming.  My Mom + Stepdad, FI's parents and my Dad.  So I guess I will get them all flowers!     

#10385 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
          • 899 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

Same here...I can't do much until we have a better head count, so I'm starting to get bored with planning

Hey Ladies,

I love the idea of adding your ceremony site!  We are getting married in the Chapel at El Dorado so I would love to find out any other brides doing the same.  Our reception dinner will be at Spoons.  Great idea and thanks for taking care of the list!  As for flowers, I am so far away for choosing for my mom and mother in law, neither of them have even picked a colour yet!  I think it would look nice if the corsage matched the partners boutineire. Well we have 5 parents coming.  My Mom + Stepdad, FI's parents and my Dad.  So I guess I will get them all flowers!     

Added your info.  Check out etsy.  It's fabulous!!  Although I'm having a hard time finding a nice silk flower corsage that I love that's not too overhwhelming.  Women have little arms and they make these things huge!! Lol!

#10386 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
            • 408 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

Yes!  I got a response from my TA yesterday.  He said the resort is currently at 60% occupancy the first 2 weeks of May. 

I'm actually pretty surprised to see it already that full!  The beginning of May is supposed to be busy for weddings, but not regular vacationers.

Jaime, did you ever ask your TA about the availability our week?

#10387 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
              • 408 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

Oh also, please dont rat me out on sharing this exact % info.  I'm really not sure what info I'm allowed to know/share, and don't want anyone to get in trouble :)

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

Yes!  I got a response from my TA yesterday.  He said the resort is currently at 60% occupancy the first 2 weeks of May. 

I'm actually pretty surprised to see it already that full!  The beginning of May is supposed to be busy for weddings, but not regular vacationers.

#10388 Nikki O

Nikki O
                • 83 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

Done, done and done!! =) Good luck!

Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ 

Hi ladies!  Don't forget to vote for MOTM!  I nominated a few girls from this thread :)

I agree! It's such a great idea!! We are getting married on the sky deck and our reception will be at the beach. I am still not sure what I am doing with the flowers..

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 

Hey Ladies,

Azul Sensatori - May 7, 2011

#10389 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                  • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

Re: The List

Okay, so not trying to blow up our thread with the list of brides or anything, but Jaime had a great idea, which was to add our ceremony and reception sites to the list.  So, if you would like to add yours, please let me know. 

Hey girls,

I'm going to order them through this girl.  For the bouquets, I'm trying to convince my crafty aunt to help me DIY.  I had a friend get married a few weeks ago in Mexico and she had her BM's carry a single flower.  I'm like hmm, that would save some money!! 

I think I will do the same for the parents flowers.  Match momma's dresses and then make dad's similar. 

I think we are pretty much good with who's coming, at least I hope.  I don't want it to be too huge!  But, I'm guessing some people will try to book closer to the wedding date.  Jaime, did you ever ask your TA about the availability our week?

Side Note: My TA got the complete opposite answer from our group rep at the resort. We got that the resort is wide open all weeks in May...weird

I still sent an email to my guests try to politely say hurry up and book.

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#10390 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                    • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Has anyone had luck with " The Futre Mrs..." clothing or "Mrs. ..." I am looking for a hoodie and some other stuff to get made and I wonder if anyone recommends any particular place

Thanks in advance ladies

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users