Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19267 replies to this topic

#10171 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,029 posts

    Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:18 AM



    Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

    Hey girls,

     

    Has anyone considered skipping the cake?  I can't decide if I really want/need a cake. 

     

    Do any of our married girls have pics of your cake? 

     

    Oh, and my bridesmaid realized that it wasn't fair to me to skip my wedding based on her feelings for another guest, so it's all good now! :o)



    We are totally skipping the cake :) My FMIL thinks we need it but i don't. We have a dessert buffett so if i have to I will cut a piece of cheesecake for a photo opt

     




    Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

    #10172 TLGnhci

    TLGnhci
    • Member
    • 899 posts

      Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:22 AM


       

      Originally Posted by beaz2be 

      First off, welcome to all the new ladies.  Seems to be a few of them rolling in and I'm not really keeping up to speed on who's around here.  So WELCOME one and all. 

       


      Meghan - I asked you to be my facebook friend.  :-)  Can't wait to see your pics!



      TLGnhci - We're kind of skipping the cake.  Just going to get the small $60 one for cutting purposes (I'm totally not for this but FI, my mother and apparently everyone else under the sun thinks photo ops are necessary).  We're going to just order extra petit fours (if we think that's needed) and also I'm going cake box favours that I'll arrange like a wedding cake (filled w/ candies).

       

      Glad to hear that your bm decided to put her feelings aside for your wedding.  That's great news.  And CONGRATS  on the "official" engagement.  Size 4?!?!!?  Holy tiny fingers batman!!


      Meghan, I requested you as a friend too!! 

       

      I like the idea of just doing the small one.  What are the petit fours?  What do you have in mind for your cake box favours?  Sounds interesting. 

       

       

      And Maggie, what is the dessert buffet?  I can't seem to get any information out of my WC.  When she does email me back, I don't understand what the heck she is saying, so I pretty much rely on you girls for everything!! :o)



      #10173 Mahalo79

      Mahalo79
      • Jr. Member
      • 175 posts

        Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:30 PM

        We are skipping the cake too!  Glad I am in good company.  We are going to have one at our at home reception as my Aunt is making it, so at least that's something different for at home that we didn't have in Mexico. 



        #10174 JaimeCF2BR

        JaimeCF2BR
        • Jr. Member
        • 408 posts

          Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

          I want to skip the cake, but FI thinks you HAVE to have one for a wedding.  He is actually being insistant on the main wedding cake AND grooms cake.  Ugh...I think I'll have to work on him for this, cause I can think of much better places for this money to go!



          #10175 JaimeCF2BR

          JaimeCF2BR
          • Jr. Member
          • 408 posts

            Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:52 PM


            Tisha - you are hilarious!!  I love that you have your wedding mostly planned without the official engagement.  Makes for an even better engagement story!  Is that on Time Square?!?!
             

            Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

            Oh, and many of you don't know since I've been planning my wedding for a while, but I wasn't officially engaged yet.  I got the proper proposal this past weekend on a surprise trip to NYC.  Here's a pic.  He is the greatest.  I love him, I love my ring, and I am a happy girl!!





            #10176 taylorwd

            taylorwd
            • Member
            • 932 posts

              Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:35 PM



              Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

              Hey girls,

               

              Has anyone considered skipping the cake?  I can't decide if I really want/need a cake. 

               

              Do any of our married girls have pics of your cake? 

               

              Oh, and my bridesmaid realized that it wasn't fair to me to skip my wedding based on her feelings for another guest, so it's all good now! :o)


              You can see a pic of my cake if you click my review under my siggy.  You'll also see that it was a DISASTER!  However, as far as I know, I'm the only bride to come through with a disastrous Karisma wedding cake.  We did a cake tasting with our onsite WC when we got there.  Their standards are chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.  The first two were just so-so but the strawberry was to die for.  Our dinner also came with flan, so they way it worked was that we cut the cake in front of everyone and then they whisked it away to the kitchen.  They plated flan with a piece of cake for each person.  Everyone loved the cake so much that there was none left

              Oh, and many of you don't know since I've been planning my wedding for a while, but I wasn't officially engaged yet.  I got the proper proposal this past weekend on a surprise trip to NYC.  Here's a pic.  He is the greatest.  I love him, I love my ring, and I am a happy girl!! proposal.jpg


              That is too funny about not being engaged until this weekend!  Many CONGRATS!!



              #10177 MaggieandJay

              MaggieandJay
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,029 posts

                Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:37 PM



                Originally Posted by TLGnhci 


                 

                 

                And Maggie, what is the dessert buffet?  I can't seem to get any information out of my WC.  When she does email me back, I don't understand what the heck she is saying, so I pretty much rely on you girls for everything!! :o)


                Check out the Petit Gourmet Buffet package in the Private Banquet packet. That is what we are using for our reception


                 

                Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 

                I want to skip the cake, but FI thinks you HAVE to have one for a wedding.  He is actually being insistant on the main wedding cake AND grooms cake.  Ugh...I think I'll have to work on him for this, cause I can think of much better places for this money to go!




                Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

                #10178 beaz2be

                beaz2be
                • Jr. Member
                • 256 posts

                  Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:16 PM



                  Originally Posted by TLGnhci 


                   


                  Meghan, I requested you as a friend too!! 

                   

                  I like the idea of just doing the small one.  What are the petit fours?  What do you have in mind for your cake box favours?  Sounds interesting. 

                   

                   

                  And Maggie, what is the dessert buffet?  I can't seem to get any information out of my WC.  When she does email me back, I don't understand what the heck she is saying, so I pretty much rely on you girls for everything!! :o)



                  Petit fours are little desserts/pastries etc.  I'm not sure exactly what comes with it.  We're doing the buffet dinner for our reception (buffets are just my style - more laid back than plated meals) and it's what comes with as the dessert option.  I figure we'll chat about it when we get down there.  If we're worried there won't be enough then we'll order more desserts and or change the cake order.  But probably just more dessert and stick w/ the cheap cake.

                   

                  The favours I'm doing are just these boxes that are shaped like cake slices.  You can get them at any of the party supply stores.  I'm going to fill them with candies and then set them up on an actual cake tray and do it up so it looks like a wedding cake.  That way it will serve as decoration on the dessert table and fill people's sweet tooth as well.



                  #10179 dakotaAZ

                  dakotaAZ
                  • Newbie
                  • 23 posts

                    Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:30 PM

                    Can you tell me more about your dessert buffet, we have been talking about that since dessert is my favorite part!  I haven't seen anything for that in the catering packet, so any information you can give me would be awesome!  Thanks!!

                     

                    Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post





                    We are totally skipping the cake :) My FMIL thinks we need it but i don't. We have a dessert buffett so if i have to I will cut a piece of cheesecake for a photo opt

                     


                     




                    #10180 TLGnhci

                    TLGnhci
                    • Member
                    • 899 posts

                      Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:13 PM



                      Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR 


                      Tisha - you are hilarious!!  I love that you have your wedding mostly planned without the official engagement.  Makes for an even better engagement story!  Is that on Time Square?!?!
                       


                       


                      Yep, Times Square.  :o


                       

                      Originally Posted by beaz2be 





                      Petit fours are little desserts/pastries etc.  I'm not sure exactly what comes with it.  We're doing the buffet dinner for our reception (buffets are just my style - more laid back than plated meals) and it's what comes with as the dessert option.  I figure we'll chat about it when we get down there.  If we're worried there won't be enough then we'll order more desserts and or change the cake order.  But probably just more dessert and stick w/ the cheap cake.

                       

                      The favours I'm doing are just these boxes that are shaped like cake slices.  You can get them at any of the party supply stores.  I'm going to fill them with candies and then set them up on an actual cake tray and do it up so it looks like a wedding cake.  That way it will serve as decoration on the dessert table and fill people's sweet tooth as well.



                      Very cute idea!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users