1. I don't think Spoon is big enough to handle 50-60 guests. Something you should talk to your WC about...
2. You should ask about the FREE Sweet Wedding Package. I know some brides were able to get the FREE wedding package and have a sky deck wedding for maybe additional cost(?).
3. I am using Destination Weddings TA - Gayle Hirsch. She is AWESOME and FREE. She is also GIWC so we were able to qualify for some additional free stuff. Then the resort WC is free.
4. I was told that we can't get dinner reservation for such a big group. If you get the FREE sweet wedding package or silver wedding package, you should be able to make a private dinner reservation at SPOON. Though this reservation was for max 40 or 50 people. You need to check that with WC.
5. The cost of decoration and flowers varies depend on what you want. I have to say they are expensive. We are bringing all the reception decorations with us. My bridesmaids bouquets are $60 each and boutonnieres are $30 each.
6. You should use TA to contact the resort.
I hope this helps. Many of your questions will be answers once you have TA and WC for your wedding.
Originally Posted by melib2b
I'm a newbie...this is my first post. My fiance and I have had a tough time deciding on a location and date, but we are very interested in Azul Sensatori. Not sure if you ladies can help, but I have a few questions...
1. We are expecting approx. 50 to 60 guests, can we have a private reception at one of the restaurants (maybe Spoon or Zocalo) without incurring an extra fee?
2. When choosing the Sky Wedding, do we have to or should we also choose a silver or wedding package although we are interested in a private sit down dinner?
3. Are the GI Vacation Consultants listed on the site really free of charge?
4. Do they offer welcome parties/dinners and at what cost? Will they just allow reservations for all of our guests at a restaurant one night?
5. Anyone know the cost of center pieces for the tables, additional bouquets for bridesmaids, etc?
6. For my initial contact requesting info on the resort, should I contact one of the GI consultants or the hotel directly?
Thanks so much!!!!