Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I have just had my date confirmed for our wedding at Sensatori resort, it is 2nd August 2011 at 3pm. Soooooo excitedwoot.gif

CONGRATS and welcome! I'm on May 15th 2011!

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

We hit page 1000!!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking. Thank goodness I found this forum back at page 700 

Originally Posted by chong View Post

27 days till the wedding thewave.gif

i have so much to do... HELP!

Will it help to make a list on here and we can encourage you everytime you get a task done :)

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I have just had my date confirmed for our wedding at Sensatori resort, it is 2nd August 2011 at 3pm. Soooooo excitedwoot.gif

Welcome! Always great to have another bride onboard.

I am sure you're doing fine...and if there is anything we can help with let us know. Make a list, you might be surprised at what you already have done. And whatever needs to still be done, ask for help, and get one thing done at a time! :)

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post

I have a question for you ladies that recently made you final payment to the resort. Were they on time with this?

I'm asking because our final payment for our rooms is due the same day our final payment is due to the resort. I want to make sure the number of our guests doesn't change and possibly offer them a choice of entrees since I didn't think about that before we sent out invites.

I'm gettig marriedin 26 days and I just sent my payment in this morning. I tried to send sooner but WC couldnt get answers from Lomas about things and  I wasn't paying until everything was finalized, questions were answered and my detail sheet updated.

I am so thrilled. For 64 guests and a sky deck wedding with coktail recetpion, reception and DJ I am only at $8,000. Ladies, keep pushing, you can negotiate anything, even the chivarly chairs. :)

For the ladies who have been to the resort already. There's no need to worry about food saftey right? I have a couple of guests freaking out and I really thought it wouldnt be a problem as I hadnt heard anything. I am just bringing my 14 month old and there will be two other toddlers so that's the addes concern.

For those who have guests with small kids, do you know what they did about food? Do you know if they prvided microwaves in the rooms?

Thanks!

Hello Ladies!

I'm a newbie...this is my first post. blush2.gif My fiance and I have had a tough time deciding on a location and date, but we are very interested in Azul Sensatori.  Not sure if you ladies can help, but I have a few questions...

1.  We are expecting approx. 50 to 60 guests, can we have a private reception at one of the restaurants (maybe Spoon or Zocalo) without incurring an extra fee? 

2.  When choosing the Sky Wedding, do we have to or should we also choose a silver or wedding package although we are interested in a private sit down dinner?

3.  Are the GI Vacation Consultants listed on the site really free of charge?

4.  Do they offer welcome parties/dinners and at what cost?  Will they just allow reservations for all of our guests at a restaurant one night?

5.  Anyone know the cost of center pieces for the tables, additional bouquets for bridesmaids, etc?

6.  For my initial contact requesting info on the resort, should I contact one of the GI consultants or the hotel directly?

Thanks so much!!!!

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

I'm gettig marriedin 26 days and I just sent my payment in this morning. I tried to send sooner but WC couldnt get answers from Lomas about things and  I wasn't paying until everything was finalized, questions were answered and my detail sheet updated.

I am so thrilled. For 64 guests and a sky deck wedding with coktail recetpion, reception and DJ I am only at $8,000. Ladies, keep pushing, you can negotiate anything, even the chivarly chairs. :)

Oh My Goodness you ladies are soooo close!!  I'm so excited for you!!  thewave.gif

Hi Amanda.  You can reassure them there is no concern about food safety.  I just remind my guests its a 4+ star resort...not a 2 star with unrecognizable food :).  Plus, their main selling point is their Gourmet food, so if it made everyone sick you would've heard about it by now!

Also, the water they serve at restaurants goes through a special filtering (its described in some brochure somewhere - I think its reverse osmosis, but not positive), and if that still doesnt ease their worry, there is bottled water available everywhere!  They even put a large bottled water next to your bathroom sink if your nervous to brush your teeth with the sink water. 

I'm pretty sure each restaurant offers a few kids menu choices, but since we didnt have any little ones, I didn't actually see them.  Just saw the high chairs and toys that they hand out at each restaurant.  Also, there are not microwaves in any rooms (except the presidential suites), but theres probably one somewhere you could use.  Its amazing what you can get there if you just ask around :)

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

For the ladies who have been to the resort already. There's no need to worry about food saftey right? I have a couple of guests freaking out and I really thought it wouldnt be a problem as I hadnt heard anything. I am just bringing my 14 month old and there will be two other toddlers so that's the addes concern.

For those who have guests with small kids, do you know what they did about food? Do you know if they prvided microwaves in the rooms?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by melib2b View Post

Hello Ladies!

I'm a newbie...this is my first post. blush2.gif My fiance and I have had a tough time deciding on a location and date, but we are very interested in Azul Sensatori.  Not sure if you ladies can help, but I have a few questions...

1.  We are expecting approx. 50 to 60 guests, can we have a private reception at one of the restaurants (maybe Spoon or Zocalo) without incurring an extra fee? 

2.  When choosing the Sky Wedding, do we have to or should we also choose a silver or wedding package although we are interested in a private sit down dinner?

3.  Are the GI Vacation Consultants listed on the site really free of charge?

4.  Do they offer welcome parties/dinners and at what cost?  Will they just allow reservations for all of our guests at a restaurant one night?

5.  Anyone know the cost of center pieces for the tables, additional bouquets for bridesmaids, etc?

6.  For my initial contact requesting info on the resort, should I contact one of the GI consultants or the hotel directly?

Thanks so much!!!!

1. There are tons of different options for receptions with sit down dinners. Your WC from the resort will walk you thru it

2. I would look at several of the packages. They have a free one now as well

3. I think Gi makes their money on a kick back from the resort but I didn't use them as My travel Agent

4. They have a bunch of private event packages - PM you email and I can send you the Banquet Kit - I am having a welcome party and a reception

5. For a vaugue group of pricing check out Lomas Travel. It's a good way to budget but then know you can custom anything

6. I would go to GI if you plan on using them as your travel agent. If you are using another travel agent go straight to a wedding consultant.

Congrats and WELCOME! This thread and ladies are the BEST

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Hi Amanda.  You can reassure them there is no concern about food safety.  I just remind my guests its a 4+ star resort...not a 2 star with unrecognizable food :).  Plus, their main selling point is their Gourmet food, so if it made everyone sick you would've heard about it by now!

Also, the water they serve at restaurants goes through a special filtering (its described in some brochure somewhere - I think its reverse osmosis, but not positive), and if that still doesnt ease their worry, there is bottled water available everywhere!  They even put a large bottled water next to your bathroom sink if your nervous to brush your teeth with the sink water. 

I'm pretty sure each restaurant offers a few kids menu choices, but since we didnt have any little ones, I didn't actually see them.  Just saw the high chairs and toys that they hand out at each restaurant.  Also, there are not microwaves in any rooms (except the presidential suites), but theres probably one somewhere you could use.  Its amazing what you can get there if you just ask around :)

Thanks so much! I am going to forward your reponse on! Yay!